RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Valerian Root and Ginseng

Rate this topic

Guest guest

,This is one of the ingredients in the anti energy drink called "Drank" that I have posted about before. I also have a friend that gives Valerian Root to her horses when they are nervous or anxious about something. She just lets them chew on it. It works for me in the drank but have never tried just it as a supplement.Darlene From: <ldyivywillow@...>Subject: Valerian Root and Ginsengdominie Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 2:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

Was reading up on some herbal remedies and found that Valerian Root

has been really popular to help insomniacs with sleeping and Ginseng

is good to take during the day to energize the body. Both have hardily

any side effects. Was wondering if any of you have ever tried one or

both of these? and if you had any good or bad results for them?

Guest guest

Speaking of Drank Darlene, I haven't heard from the company yet with a location in my area that I may be able to find it. I haven't forgotten and will contact them on Monday, if I haven't heard back from them by Monday. Hugs H

From: <ldyivywillow>Subject: Valerian Root and Ginsengdominie@groups .comDate: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 2:43 PM

Hi Everyone,Was reading up on some herbal remedies and found that Valerian Root has been really popular to help insomniacs with sleeping and Ginseng is good to take during the day to energize the body. Both have hardily any side effects. Was wondering if any of you have ever tried one or both of these? and if you had any good or bad results for them?

Guest guest

Hi All! I seem to have the "Opposite" reaction to almost everything! Like Ginseng,for example, it makes me VERY tired!? Does anyone else have this problem with meds. or natural products? I have to try MANY different meds. or product to find the one that I actually have the correct reaction to! It's been very hard on me. Take care All! Pam.S

MANY Unique Fibromyalgia Awareness Items!

Please Check Out My Store at= http://www.zazzle.com/pammys*

Many New Items Created Daily! Great Sales! Lets band Together

and Spread Awareness & Demand a Cure! Thanks!! Pam

Guest guest

I would love to know the name of this as I too am the same way. Thanks H

From: P J <ps1968pm@...>Subject: Re: Valerian Root and Ginsengdominie Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 6:36 AM

Hi Again Beth, I forgot to as you, do you know if there's a name for people like us? Medical term? I would like to teach it to my doctor if there is,haha! Tanks,Pam.S

Many Unique Fibromyalgia Items!

Check Out My Store at= http://www.zazzle. com/pammys*

Lets Get Awareness out there Together! Thanks,Pam

Guest guest

Hi Ladies, I don't have the medical term for it- I'll ask my doctor the next time I go. Novacaine also is another one that doesn't work for me. sighBeth Moorman

From: P J <ps1968pm@...>Subject: Re: Valerian Root and Ginsengdominie Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 6:36 AM

Hi Again Beth, I forgot to as you, do you know if there's a name for people like us? Medical term? I would like to teach it to my doctor if there is,haha! Tanks,Pam.S

Guest guest

I wonder if this is something that is very common among most FMS victims? So far there are 3 of us that I know of. What do they do at the dentist since you don't numb. I have to have some extensive dental work and I've put it off because of this, but I have to go and am scared to death. Hugs H

From: P J <ps1968pm (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Valerian Root and Ginsengdominie@groups .comDate: Monday, November 24, 2008, 6:36 AM

Guest guest

I took it with all my meds. No problem with sleeping either.

Sue

From: H. <bookie0415@...>dominie Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:58:29 PMSubject: Re: Valerian Root and Ginseng

Sue, do you know if this incredible energy can be taken along with meds such as pain meds, anti depressants and Xanex? I'm assuming that the incredible energy, which I have not checked into yet would be taken in the a.m. and the melatonin in the p.m.?

Currently I'm taking Xanex to sleep as sleeping pills work the opposite and I really don't like taking this. If this would help...wow fantastic would it be!

Thanks H

From: Urbanczyk <featherednst>Subject: Re: Valerian Root and Ginsengdominie@groups .comDate: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 11:19 PM

,I have taken Ginseng and Valerian. I have taken Valerian for my migraines. I never tried it for sleep. My sleep issues are so complicated I don't think that it alone will help. I have taken a complex that really helped with energy. It does have Ginseng,Taurine, B vitamins,Ginko and a bunch of other things. I cannot take it right now because of my arsenic and mercury problem but in the future I will take it again. You may want to try it. It really helped.It is called Incredible Energy www.IncredibleEnerg y.com. Below is what was suggested for me to try to get some sleep naturally without more meds. I am going to give it a try. Nothing to lose at this point.SueI have seen very few supplements used successfully for sleep.In Sue's case, I would try

Melatonin tea, and also Melatonin caps atthe same time. Ask her to take 1 more cap than is recommended, andhave at least 2 cups of the tea.Can she tolerate an Epsom salt bath? That would help detox her alittle bit and relax her.A calcium / magnesium combination can also be very soothing, as wellas help with pain somewhat. If she can get a Calcium / Magnesiumpowder, that is the best option to try.

From: <ldyivywillow>dominie@groups .comSent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:43:56 PMSubject: Valerian Root and Ginseng

Hi Everyone,Was reading up on some herbal remedies and found that Valerian Root has been really popular to help insomniacs with sleeping and Ginseng is good to take during the day to energize the body. Both have hardily any side effects. Was wondering if any of you have ever tried one or both of these? and if you had any good or bad results for them?

Guest guest

Stacie,

You are lucky to find a good caring Denist. They are hard to come by.

My last denist visit: I went to the denist because of tooth pain.

As I walked in and sat down in the chair I looked over at the

tools...They had bloody finger prints all over them! No joke! The

denist arrived then. I looked at him, back at the instrutments, and

said, " I'm sorry, I can't! " Got up and ran out of there! They'd made

an emergency visit for me. I felt awful. A week later I called the

girl who made the appt and explained why I had to run. She was very

nice and understanding.

I later found out there's nothing wrong with my tooth..teeth...

I have sinus issues and it tends to spread to the jaw plus add

TMJ to that. TMJ was obvious when at work one day my jaw, first one

side than the other, popped out. I was in soooo much pain. I went to

the regular Dr. And now it's controlled with the same meds I use for

my FM/CFS.

Oh the world of Dr's!

*L

>

> Hello everyone,

> I just wanted to say that all of this dentist talk makes me feel

very grateful. I should knock on wood right now while I still can. My

dentist that I have been seeing seems very aware that I am unable to

numb. He will touch the spot with a sharp tool just barely to check

me before he begins and if I need more numbing stuff then he applies

it, counts to three and I am numb. I don't ask what he did, but I

just consider it a blessing that he cares enough to use something

good on me. The last three teeth I had pulled had no pain. This is

the first dentist that truly has numbed me. The first dentist I ever

saw as a child actually knocked my jaw out of wack and I have had TMJ

ever since.

> Another thing too, is that most people who have our health problems

have significant dental problems due to the effects of the medication

we are to take for pain. Doctors don't tell you that these pain meds

will rot your teeth. Then when you ask for pain meds from a new

doctor if you switch he assumes you are addicted because your teeth

are having issues and then refuses to treat the pain. The dentist

understands these issues, the one I see anyway.

> Stacie

>