RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

a comprehensive post on filters and fluoride

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been researching water filters for the last month. It's

frustrating because half the people selling them no little to nothing

and neither do the customer service reps at the manufacturer.

I was concerned about the bateria building up in a RO system. They do

make a couple that are tankless. The GE Merlin was one of them.

However it only removes 94% of the flouride whereas most of them

remove 97-98%

>

> This is the link to the post on water filters and fluoride removal.

> It's a fairly comprehensive list of the problems with F removal.

> And I think he/she's accurate as it jives with all the water people

> I've talked with (although I get lots of variations so it's

confusing)

>

> http://onibasu.com/archives/cl/2742.html?highlight=water%20filters

>

> Lynn

>

Guest guest

Thanks, Lynn. I've added this to the links on water filters for fluoride:

[WAPFchapterleaders] Water filters - Independent evaluation, fluoride removal, RO ... "Be skeptical of any claims about removal. Since I have a background in physics, I went to the eng-tips forum, passed myself off as an engineer, and asked some water processing engineers how to get fluoride out of the water. The problem is that 1) fluoride boils at the same temperature as water, so distillation will not work (the fluoride will just come over with the water) and 2) elemental fluoride is the same size as water, so something like reverse osmosis is of limited capacity to do anything about it, if the water gets through, so does the fluoride - though it will take out any silico-fluoride that has not dissociated and any larger molecules that may be produced by fluoride reacting with other stuff in the water....I was directed to an EPA report on the removal of fluoride from water, number EPA(570/9-78-001)."

Zoe

This is the link to the post on water filters and fluoride removal. It's a fairly comprehensive list of the problems with F removal.And I think he/she's accurate as it jives with all the water peopleI've talked with (although I get lots of variations so it's confusing)http://onibasu.com/archives/cl/2742.html?highlight=water%20filtersLynn

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/1/2006 4:34:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, ZOEA@... writes:

[WAPFchapterleaders] Water filters - Independent evaluation, fluoride removal, RO ... "Be skeptical of any claims about removal. Since I have a background in physics, I went to the eng-tips forum, passed myself off as an engineer, and asked some water processing engineers how to get fluoride out of the water. The problem is that 1) fluoride boils at the same temperature as water, so distillation will not work (the fluoride will just come over with the water) and 2) elemental fluoride is the same size as water, so something like reverse osmosis is of limited capacity to do anything about it, if the water gets through, so does the fluoride - though it will take out any silico-fluoride that has not dissociated and any larger molecules that may be produced by fluoride reacting with other stuff in the water....I was directed to an EPA report on the removal of fluoride from water, number EPA(570/9-78-001)."

So do I take it that there is NO way to get the d*%m stuff out, once it is in? That would mean that we have no recourse for our baths and showers.

Bonnie