RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

- Information on Mexican Hospitals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

:

I had the sleeve done on June 27th and was super impressed by the hospital! I live and work in San Diego, California. Unfortunately, there are many places in Tijuana that are not safe and especially with the drug cartel trying to retake Tijuana for drug trade, it is very dangerous to be there right now.

Mexicali is two hours east and is not in any way like Tijuana. Los Angeles is two hours from San Diego and is very different - similar to places in Mexico. Mexicali is a small, more simple town than other places in the larger areas of Mexico.

I have lived in San Diego my whole life and feel very comfortable in Mexicali - however, I would not go to Tijuana right now. I have many friends who are attorneys, doctors, and surgeons in Tijuana and they are fearing for their lives daily in Tijuana with the kidnappings and killings. So perhaps the information you are getting is confused with Tijuana.

Please feel free to call me - I am a professor at a college in San Diego and did a lot of research on Dr. Aceves prior to committing to the surgery. In fact, probably 60% of the people who do have surgery from him are in the medical field in one way or the other. Most of the people who have had the sleeve or band are nurses, so with that in mind, they are very attunded to their surroundings and hospital protocal.

My phone number at work is: 619-421-6700, ext. 5360 - Southwestern College. Please feel free to have you or your mom call me. That way, you can talk to someone who lives in San Diego right near the border and is very familiar with the customs and culture of Mexico.

Warmly,

Gail

Thanks for that, unfortunately I'm all the way in Pennsylvania so is costly for me to go and check it out. I have looked at pictures on the Internet and they seem clean enough but you never know until you experience for yourself. I had not previously heard about the horror stories of Mexico until i mentioned it to my mom (who wants to also have surgery).

What was the area like where the hospital is located? My husband feels happy about the location etc but i got myself scared after my mom talked about Mexico.

Will you keep me posted about your experience, i would be interested to find out how you got on

From: Wells <wbcasagrande33> @groups. comSent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:13:50 PMSubject: Re: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] help

I go for my band on 11/7, I had the same questions that you have. What really helped me is that in September I went and seen for myself, (I live in Arizona 3 hours away). I took a friend that has family from the area, my hubby and mother. We was all amazed of the hospital, it put our hospital to shame here. I also was able to be there when a group was coming in for there fills, to be able to see someone ask questions and to hear their stories was the best. I think that it helped my husband as well about the surgery. So if you get a chance and are close enough check it out for yourself.

From: Hulmes <laurenhulmes> @groups. comSent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:43:08 AMSubject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] help

I have been trying for some time now to find a surgeon for WLS, costs within the US are so expensive that i think the only step is to go to Mexico. I have spoken to several surgical companies and think i feel confident in what i have heard about Dr Aceves, however to give myself piece of mind i wanted to speak to people who had experienced this surgery both by Dr Aceves and going to Mexico.

Is Mexcio really that bad? what are the facilities really like? How do i know that the surgery wont go bad or me get an infection from the hosptal? Did anyone else have the same concerns?

Please help andput my fears to bed