RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From what I understand as a nurse, this is one of the last areas of discrimination in our country and local MD and patients who have had the surgery are testifying at the statehouse as we speak. I work for a healthcare agency that refuses to cover obesity surgery. However, Medicare recently approved bariatric coverage for the morbidly obese and insurance co.s usually follow medicare guidelines. I think it may be a matter of time, but I cannot wait any longer. MarciaKENNETH HART <KENNETHHART@...> wrote: I DONT KNOW I'VE TRIED MEDS WITH MY DOCTOR,WEIGHT WATCHERS,ETC.I HAVE GONE TO THE GYM SPENT THOUSANDS ON PERSONAL TRAINER LOST WEIGHT AND OF COURSE GAINED IT ALL BACK.AND WHAT REALLY KIND OF MAKES ME MAD IS THAT WHEN WE HAD CIGNA INSURANCE(NOW HAVE BLUECROSS)AND THEY COVERED THE RNY PROCEDURE SHE WAS

SUPPORTIVE ALL THREE TIMES I APPLIED AND APPEALED AND GOT DENIED,NOW IT SEEMS ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT THE MONEY WILL BE COMING OUT OF OUR POCKETS......WHOA HOLD ON NOW THINGS ARE DIFFERNT.....WHO KNOWS????? Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE Hey KenI really hope you do not harbor resentment against your wife for not being totally supportive, as that will just make matters worse. Have you told her in your kindest and sincerest way that her support means so much to you, that you want to have this surgery in the hopes that it will increase your life span and also your years of marriage to one another?

She has a reason, and I still think it is insecurity that she will lose you. Have you talked about this with her? If not, tell her you will NOT leave the marriage just cuz you might start looking better. Maybe one or 2 visits to a marriage therapist is in order. This is what I would want to hear.

Guest guest

Money may be an issue. However, I would call a local funeral home

and find out what the going rate is for a full service. Find out about

the embalming fee for a morbidly obese person because I think they

charge more. You would also have to have an oversized casket which is

a great deal more expensive. Call the cemetary and get the cost of the

plot, opening and closing of the grave, and so forth. I have a feeling

you will come out cheaper to go ahead and have the surgery done and

live a long, healthy life instead of dying an early death due to

obesity. Which would you rather pay for?

Jenni Currie

DOB 2/23/06

231/214/145

Guest guest

Hi Ken, It's all about the money and the fact that you want to spend it on yourself. Thats what I believe it is with me. How dare I want to spend $8200.00 on ME when I could spend $8200.00 on oh, lets say maybe a trip to Las Vegas?? Or maybe because he has his eye on another new car. He wants to buy the new Dodge Charger. Like we need another flippin car!! We have a 2003 Dodge 1500 king cab long bed bitchin truck that he has put thousands of dollars into to modify it just the way he wants it. Then we had to trade my van in and get a 2004 Dodge Durango which this is my car and I love it but he again has put thousands of dollars into it to modify it the way he wanted it. Don't get me wrong, I love to have nice things but I am now wanting something that has nothing to do with materialistic things. My Husband just doesnt get it. I have a wonderful Husband who makes sure that I have anything that I want or need and I am not trying to sound I guess the word is conceited. I have

told him just yesterday that I would give up all the diamonds, cars...all of it just to have this surgery and not feel guilty about having this surgery. I mean he knows I am having it on 4/28 but I hope that now he understands how important it is to me. I have never in my life wanted anything more than to have this surgery and finally start to live. As for all that other crap that we waste our money on for a quick fix and then end up getting let down again by our failure which in turn if your like me food will comfort me (so I believe)and the cycle repeats itself again. So how is the move coming along? Also, you mentioned that you were having knee surgery on the 28th. If you dont mind me asking why? I ask because I have so much pain in my knees for the last 4 months but its really bad in my left one. When I bend my knees you can here like a crunching sound and it hurts!! I have a two story home and I cant go up and down the stairs anymore

because it hurts too much. Thank God our bedroom is on the bottom floor or I would be sleeping on the couch!! Hang in there and your time will come to begin your new and healthier life. Tammy IrishKENNETH HART <KENNETHHART@...> wrote: I DONT KNOW I'VE TRIED MEDS WITH MY DOCTOR,WEIGHT WATCHERS,ETC.I HAVE GONE TO THE GYM SPENT THOUSANDS ON PERSONAL TRAINER LOST WEIGHT AND OF COURSE GAINED IT ALL BACK.AND WHAT REALLY KIND OF MAKES ME MAD IS THAT WHEN WE HAD CIGNA INSURANCE(NOW HAVE BLUECROSS)AND THEY COVERED THE RNY PROCEDURE SHE WAS SUPPORTIVE ALL THREE TIMES I APPLIED AND APPEALED AND GOT DENIED,NOW IT SEEMS ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT THE MONEY WILL BE COMING OUT OF OUR POCKETS......WHOA HOLD ON NOW THINGS ARE DIFFERNT.....WHO KNOWS?????-----Original

Message----- From: Spence Sent: Mar 21, 2006 3:27 PM Subject: RE: Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE ,,, I am curious,,,is your wife overweight??......Does she smoke or drink????.......and exactly what does she consider “”really trying””….this is a mental issue also not just a physical………I was walking 3 miles a day and lost 46 pds……I didn’t change my food intake(didn’t start eating more) and guess what yea I gained it back And I was “””really trying” not to gain it back….I just didn’t have the TIME to walk any longer I married a man with 2 kids…adding my own to what we now have ages 14,15,16 and started driving 2 hours a day to “live” with him at his house with his kids.(I pass my own)..I work 60 miles away….so I am really wondering what she considers “really trying”… THANK YOU VICTORIA SPENCE BUSINESS OFFICE PHONE: 337-462-7325 Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE Hey KenI really hope you do not harbor resentment against your wife for not being totally supportive, as that will just make matters worse. Have you told her in your kindest and sincerest way that her support means so much to you, that you want to have this surgery in the hopes that it will increase your life span and also your years of marriage to one another? She has a reason, and I still think it is insecurity that she will lose you. Have you talked about this with her? If not, tell her you will NOT leave

the marriage just cuz you might start looking better. Maybe one or 2 visits to a marriage therapist is in order. This is what I would want to hear.

Guest guest

What was the reason for them denying you? I know CIGNA is a pain in the butt. But BCBS, are much better and less stressful in terms of the weight loss surgery. CIGNA always deny people, but they do come through at the end. But good luck!

Guest guest

HI TAMMY,I AM HAVING KNEE SURGERY DUE TO AN INJURY AT WORK,BUT I HAVE BEEN USING A CANE FOR OVER A MONTH(THATS HOW LONG IT TOOK WCF TO APPROVE IT ALL)AND NOW MY RIGHT SIDE IS REALLY KILLING ME.WHEN THE DOCTOR TOOK X-RAYS OF MY INJURED KNEE I TORE MY MENISCUS ON THE INJURY BUT HE SAID THAT IT WAS JUST ONE OF MANY PROBLEMS IN MY KNEE(BONE SPURS,DEGENERATION,ETC)AND BASICALLY HE SAID MY RIGHT KNEE IS PROBABLY JUST AS BAD.WITH MY CHOSEN PROFFESSION AND WEIGHT HE VENTURED THAT I WOULD PROBABLY NEED A WALKER OR SCOOTER IN 5-7 YEARS,AT 31 YRS OLD!!!!!!

MY WIFE KNOWS THIS,AND AT THIS POINT IN TIME WE WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT,AND SHE STILL SAYS "WE CANT AFFORD IT".IT'S NOT THAT I "WANT" TO HAVE THIS SURGERY IT IS SIMPLY THE FACT THAT I "HAVE" TO DO THIS.....IT'S A LITTLE HARD FOR ME TO ADMIT(FOR A GUY) THAT THE SURGERY DOES STILL SCARE ME A BIT......BUT A FRICKIN MOTORIZED CART IN MY MID-THIRTIES AND DEATH BEFORE MY KIDS HIT HIGHSCHOOL SCARES ME EVEN MORE!!!

THANKS ALL FOR LETTING ME RANT Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE Hey KenI really hope you do not harbor resentment against your wife for not being totally supportive, as that will just make matters worse. Have you told her in your kindest and sincerest way that her support means so much to you, that you want to have this surgery in the hopes that it will increase your life span and also your years of marriage to one another? She has a reason, and I still think it is insecurity that she will lose you. Have you talked about this with her? If not, tell her you will NOT leave the marriage just cuz you might start looking better. Maybe one or 2 visits to a marriage therapist is in order. This is what I would want to hear.

Guest guest

i got turned down twice by bcbs. for let me see i sent them 5 years of medical records they said i only sent 3 i sent weight hx for last 15 years. they said it wasnt enough. i sent pchy eval, dietary eval, a note from a cardiologist, pulmonary doctor, gastro doc, family doctor, surgeon, ortho and they said that wasnt enough, i had a sleep study and showed sleep apnea now on cpap at night that wasnt enough. so i gave up.

molly m

RE: Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE

What was the reason for them denying you? I know CIGNA is a pain in the butt. But BCBS, are much better and less stressful in terms of the weight loss surgery. CIGNA always deny people, but they do come through at the end. But good luck!

Guest guest

a--holes!Molly <msmolly6255@...> wrote: i got turned down twice by bcbs. for let me see i sent them 5 years of medical records they said i only sent 3 i sent weight hx for last 15 years. they said it wasnt enough. i sent pchy eval, dietary eval, a note from a cardiologist, pulmonary doctor, gastro doc, family doctor, surgeon, ortho and they said that wasnt enough, i had a sleep study and showed sleep apnea now on cpap at night that wasnt enough. so i gave up. molly m RE: Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE What was the reason for them denying you? I know CIGNA is a pain in the butt. But BCBS, are much better and less stressful in terms of the weight loss surgery. CIGNA always deny people, but they do come through at the end. But good luck!

Guest guest

do it ken - it will probably save your life.KENNETH HART <KENNETHHART@...> wrote: HI TAMMY,I AM HAVING KNEE SURGERY DUE TO AN INJURY AT WORK,BUT I HAVE BEEN USING A CANE FOR OVER A MONTH(THATS HOW LONG IT TOOK WCF TO APPROVE IT ALL)AND NOW MY RIGHT SIDE IS REALLY KILLING ME.WHEN THE DOCTOR TOOK X-RAYS OF MY INJURED KNEE I TORE MY MENISCUS ON THE INJURY BUT HE SAID THAT IT WAS JUST ONE OF MANY PROBLEMS IN MY KNEE(BONE SPURS,DEGENERATION,ETC)AND BASICALLY HE SAID MY RIGHT KNEE IS PROBABLY JUST AS BAD.WITH MY CHOSEN PROFFESSION AND WEIGHT HE VENTURED THAT I WOULD PROBABLY NEED A WALKER OR SCOOTER IN 5-7 YEARS,AT 31 YRS OLD!!!!!! MY WIFE KNOWS THIS,AND AT THIS POINT IN TIME WE WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT,AND SHE STILL SAYS "WE CANT AFFORD IT".IT'S NOT THAT I "WANT" TO HAVE THIS SURGERY IT IS SIMPLY THE FACT THAT I

"HAVE" TO DO THIS.....IT'S A LITTLE HARD FOR ME TO ADMIT(FOR A GUY) THAT THE SURGERY DOES STILL SCARE ME A BIT......BUT A FRICKIN MOTORIZED CART IN MY MID-THIRTIES AND DEATH BEFORE MY KIDS HIT HIGHSCHOOL SCARES ME EVEN MORE!!! THANKS ALL FOR LETTING ME RANT Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE Hey KenI really hope you do not harbor resentment against your wife for not being totally supportive, as that will just make matters worse. Have you told her in your kindest and sincerest way that her support means so much to you, that you want to have this surgery in the hopes that it will increase your life span and also your years of marriage to one another? She has a reason, and I still think it is insecurity that she will lose you. Have you talked about this with her? If not, tell her you will NOT leave the marriage just cuz you might start looking better. Maybe one or 2 visits to a marriage therapist is in order.

This is what I would want to hear.

Guest guest

Hi Ken, You can come on here and rant anytime! We are here to listen. I am 10 years older than you and I wish I would of known about this surgery then. The way I feel is that once I have this surgery, change my eating habits and have the help and support from all our friends here I will finally start life for the 1st time in my life. I was thinking that you knee surgery was the initial cause of your weight. Yea, The weight definantly is going to make your healing process I think a much longer ordeal. And also you know with that bad knee that you are favoring then the better knee is taking a beating. That is what I am noticing with myself. I seem to put more weight to my right knee and eventually it too is going to be just as bad.You are way to young to have to use scooter. And it could all be prevented possibly with surgery. I hope your wife comes around for your sake. All of us are special poeple and we too deserve to be

happy with in our own skin. You know, Its okay to be scared. My Husband needs back surgery and he just keeps putting it off because he is so scared. So he is now addicted to Morphine and Vicoden which he will never admit too. Surgery is a scary thing when You have no control over your being. I am not scared at all now. I was scared about going to mexico but I am not anymore thanks to everyone here. I am now so ready!!! I want to go!! Sometimes we need to just make the choice whether we have support or not from our spouses. I know how hard this is to do but I had to fight my husband on this one. Anyways, I hope your move went well and I hope your wife will open her heart and listen to your pain. I find being 120 pounds overweight I have alot of emotional pain. Take Care. Tammy IrishKENNETH HART <KENNETHHART@...> wrote: HI TAMMY,I AM HAVING KNEE SURGERY DUE TO AN INJURY AT WORK,BUT I HAVE BEEN USING A CANE FOR OVER A MONTH(THATS HOW LONG IT TOOK WCF TO APPROVE IT ALL)AND NOW MY RIGHT SIDE IS REALLY KILLING ME.WHEN THE DOCTOR TOOK X-RAYS OF MY INJURED KNEE I TORE MY MENISCUS ON THE INJURY BUT HE SAID THAT IT WAS JUST ONE OF MANY PROBLEMS IN MY KNEE(BONE SPURS,DEGENERATION,ETC)AND BASICALLY HE SAID MY RIGHT KNEE IS PROBABLY JUST AS BAD.WITH MY CHOSEN PROFFESSION AND WEIGHT HE VENTURED THAT I WOULD PROBABLY NEED A WALKER OR SCOOTER IN 5-7 YEARS,AT 31 YRS OLD!!!!!! MY WIFE KNOWS THIS,AND AT THIS POINT IN TIME WE WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT,AND SHE STILL SAYS "WE CANT AFFORD IT".IT'S NOT THAT I "WANT" TO HAVE THIS SURGERY IT IS SIMPLY THE FACT THAT I "HAVE" TO DO THIS.....IT'S A LITTLE HARD FOR ME TO ADMIT(FOR A GUY) THAT THE SURGERY DOES STILL SCARE ME A BIT......BUT A FRICKIN

MOTORIZED CART IN MY MID-THIRTIES AND DEATH BEFORE MY KIDS HIT HIGHSCHOOL SCARES ME EVEN MORE!!! THANKS ALL FOR LETTING ME RANT Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE Hey KenI really hope you do not harbor resentment against your wife for not being totally

supportive, as that will just make matters worse. Have you told her in your kindest and sincerest way that her support means so much to you, that you want to have this surgery in the hopes that it will increase your life span and also your years of marriage to one another? She has a reason, and I still think it is insecurity that she will lose you. Have you talked about this with her? If not, tell her you will NOT leave the marriage just cuz you might start looking better. Maybe one or 2 visits to a marriage therapist is in order. This is what I would want to hear.

Guest guest

OOOOOOOH all of you with sore knees, feet and backs,

Are you in for a treat! It wasn't even 4 weeks after

surgery that I noticed my knees quit hurting, I could

climb stairs without pain and my feet didn't hurt

anymore! Also my back pain is gone! With all that

extra weight gone I have so much more energy and feel

like I WANT to go do things! Best wishes for a great

recovery and a lot of good surprises to compensate for

those first few weeks of post op misery!

Penny

Penny Manville

Walden, Colorado

DOB 9/26/05

230/185/135

1st fill 12/9/05 1cc

2nd fill 1/27/06 0.5 cc 1.5 cc total

5'4 "

Guest guest

THAT IS WHAT I TOLD THEM WHEN I GOT DATE. LOL

MOLLY M

Guest guest

I can't wait for all my aches and pains to go away!! I am looking forward to my post op misery!! (You can send this back to me when I start to complain) Really, I am so excited I wish it was April already!! Tammy IrishPenny Manville <pmanvill@...> wrote: OOOOOOOH all of you with sore knees, feet and backs,Are you in for a treat! It wasn't even 4 weeks aftersurgery that I noticed my knees quit hurting, I couldclimb stairs without pain and my feet didn't hurtanymore! Also my back pain is gone! With all thatextra weight gone I have so much more energy and feellike I WANT to go do things! Best wishes for a greatrecovery and a lot of good surprises to compensate forthose first few weeks of post op misery!PennyPenny

ManvilleWalden, ColoradoDOB 9/26/05230/185/1351st fill 12/9/05 1cc2nd fill 1/27/06 0.5 cc 1.5 cc total5'4"__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Penny, I'm really looking forward to some relief for my lower back and hips. I'm sure the big "thing" hanging from my front is putting a lot of strain on my back. I might even feel taller if I'm not being "weighed down"! PD

OOOOOOOH all of you with sore knees, feet and backs,Are you in for a treat! It wasn't even 4 weeks aftersurgery that I noticed my knees quit hurting, I couldclimb stairs without pain and my feet didn't hurtanymore! Also my back pain is gone! With all thatextra weight gone I have so much more energy and feellike I WANT to go do things! Best wishes for a greatrecovery and a lot of good surprises to compensate forthose first few weeks of post op misery!PennyPenny ManvilleWalden, ColoradoDOB 9/26/05230/185/1351st fill 12/9/05 1cc2nd fill 1/27/06 0.5 cc 1.5 cc total5'4"__________________________________________________

Guest guest

THANKS TAMMY,WELL IT MIGHT SEEM MY WIFE WILL GET HER WAY,IAM HAVING TROUBLE COMING UP WITH THE FINANCING......SO WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS

IAM JUST SO DEPRESSED NOW

THANKS,KEN Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE Hey KenI really hope you do not harbor resentment against your wife for not being totally supportive, as that will just make matters worse. Have you told her in your kindest and sincerest way that her support means so much to you, that you want to have this surgery in the hopes that it will increase your life span and also your years of marriage to one another? She has a reason, and I still think it is insecurity that she will lose you. Have you talked about this with her? If not, tell her you will NOT leave the marriage just cuz you might start looking better. Maybe one or 2 visits to a marriage therapist is in order. This is what I would want to hear.

Guest guest

Hi Ken, I tryed the financing thing too and I was having problems. I pay my bills on time I just have too many credit cards with balances. But I am doing the financing offered by Dr A. He will finance the $3200.00 and I pay the $5000.00. I was telling someone else how I am doing it. I dont know if you read it or not. I filled out my paperwork work, waited to see if I could get in house financing and then set a date and sent in my $500.00 deposit. I set my date 2 months ahead so I have time to save the money and yes I am getting very inpatient now. But maybe you could do something like that even if its in 6 months or whatever time you think you will need to raise the money. You know what? This may sound terrible but dont even tell your wife. Just do it. I am taking $100.00 here and $100.00 there and stashing it away so my Husband will have no reason to say we cant afford it. He doesnt even no I have done this and he doesnt need

to no. I am doing this for me. He knows how much the surgery is and he knows that on April 28th I need to have a $4500.00 cashiers check. So I think that maybe you will just have to do it without her knowing. All you need if you can get in house financing is the $500.00 deposit. and just set a date. Well I hope you are able to work something out. You deserve to be happy and healthy. You are worth it!! Tammy Irish THANKS TAMMY,WELL IT MIGHT SEEM MY WIFE WILL GET HER WAY,IAM HAVING TROUBLE COMING UP WITH THE FINANCING......SO WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IAM JUST SO DEPRESSED NOW THANKS,KEN Re: HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR A NEW LIFE Hey KenI really hope you do not harbor resentment against your wife for not being totally supportive, as that will just make matters worse. Have you told her in your kindest and sincerest way that her support means so much to you, that you want to have this surgery in the hopes that it will increase your life span and also your years of marriage to one another? She has a reason, and I still think it is insecurity that she will lose you. Have you talked about this with her? If not, tell her you will NOT leave the marriage just cuz you might start looking better. Maybe one or 2 visits to a marriage therapist is in order. This is what I would want to hear.