RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Aloe Vera - ny

Rate this topic

Guest guest

thanks Don,Yikes maybe not so good, just thought I would ask,Hugs,nyOn Dec 14, 2010, at 6:15 PM, Christ wrote:

Hi

I have read some some bad things about taking Aloe internally.

Click this link:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/607.html#Safety

Here is more info - check it out carefully please:

http://search./search?ei=utf-8 & fr=slv8-tyc7 & p=hepatitis%20c%20and%20aloe%20vera & type=

I dont think I want to try it personally.

love

don in ks

From: Barrett <barrjohnm@...>Subject: [ ] Aloe Vera Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 9:47 PM

I just was send this video from some dude Lyod , looks like he lives in Hawaii. He seems really knowledgeable.Has anybody tried Aloe Vera for Hep C?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJe0oC0YHssThanks,ny------------------------------------

Guest guest

Hi

Lloyd is 'NOT' a Scientist, or a Medical-Health Professional in any way.

He is a Salesman, selling products, and he talks a good talk.

Therefore his information, and products are - 'suspect' - in my opinion.

I will listen to what he has to say.

But then I will do my own research.

The first link I gave you below is from the Natl Institute of Health - IE: the Government.

love

don in ks

From: Barrett <barrjohnm@...>Subject: [ ] Aloe Vera Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 9:47 PM

I just was send this video from some dude Lyod , looks like he lives in Hawaii. He seems really knowledgeable.Has anybody tried Aloe Vera for Hep C?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJe0oC0YHssThanks,ny------------------------------------

Guest guest

ny,I have spoken to Lloyd .  I sent him an e-mail several years back after finding his video's online...    I was already thru with treatment but he had some interesting things to say on his video's about Interferon and I was having difficulties so I sent him a message.  He sent me a message back asking for my phone number and he called me.  He spent about an hour on the phone explaining, in his opinion, what Interferon does to the body.  To his credit, he's not wrong on a lot of what he says.   And yes, he is right there in Hawaii.  His home is supposedly beautiful and high end...  he made his money selling his alternative Hep C protocol.  He is a very nice person and he believes in what he is selling and what he is doing.  His products are very high end, but Don is correct, he is a salesman.. and a very good one at that.  When I spoke with him it was about the after-effects from the treatment that I was dealing with.  What nobody knew at that time, was that I had Fibromyalgia.  He helped me understand a lot that I didn't understand before and after our conversation I checked what he said against facts I found online.  His facts were correct.   Our conversation however, had nothing to do with the products he had because my Hep C was already gone.  He was just trying to help me understand what had happened to my system.  I have to give him credit for that.  He is a nice person.  

Now, to be clear, I am not for or against any type of alternative protocol when it comes to Hep C or anything else for that matter.  Personally, it's not for me.  But neither is a chiropractor.  That's just me.  I've been that way forever.  There is no doubt in my mind that some of the alternative stuff that is out there can help keep things at bay.  We've seen it right here on this forum.  

What always comes to mind for me is that Doctors take an oath that says " first, do no harm " .  Salesman do not take that oath.   

Hugs,Teri

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Christ <ludichrist2000@...> wrote:

Hi

Lloyd is 'NOT' a Scientist, or a Medical-Health Professional in any way.

He is a Salesman, selling products, and he talks a good talk.

Therefore his information, and products are - 'suspect' - in my opinion.

I will listen to what he has to say.

But then I will do my own research.

The first link I gave you below is from the Natl Institute of Health - IE: the Government.

love

don in ks

Guest guest

Hi Teri.

Not all alternatives are from non-doctors. Dr Berkson has a PhD in microbiology

as well as his MD. I know you do support people's choice and that you are VERY

open-minded about alternatives--and I love that about you.

Just wanted to say for the forum that not ALL alternatives are from people that

are not doctors. Some doctors are very supportive of alternatives--especially

for those who cannot treat or have failed treatment. In those cases keeping Hep

C at bay makes more sense than just doing nothing. At least it does to me.

Interesting that you have spoken to Lloyd . I have also heard that he is

a very nice person and truly believes in what he does. I just haven't looked at

his protocol in depth. It is far more costly than my budget would allow. But,

of course, many doctors make very good money off their skills. And, treatment,

if insurance didn't pay, would be FAR beyond what most of us could afford.

Thanks for posting about your experience with Lloyd .

Hugs, SuziQ

> *

> From Teri's post*

> *Now, to be clear, I am not for or against any type of alternative protocol

> when it comes to Hep C or anything else for that matter. Personally, it's

> not for me. But neither is a chiropractor. That's just me. I've been that

> way forever. There is no doubt in my mind that some of the alternative

> stuff that is out there can help keep things at bay. We've seen it right

> here on this forum. *

> *

> *

> *What always comes to mind for me is that Doctors take an oath that says

> " first, do no harm " . Salesman do not take that oath. *

> *

> *

> *Hugs,

Teri

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

You are absolutely right SuziQ.  Dr. Berkson does amazing things.  I would trust his protocol more than one from a traveling salesman any day of the week.  He also has proof that it works and has taken that oath that says " first do no harm " .  And yes, for those who cannot treat, have failed treatment or just don't want to go thru what treatment is, I completely understand alternatives that are proven and condoned by a doctor.  Now if somebody tells me I need Eye of Newt I think I would run!  

Lloyd actually helped me a lot.  He is very knowledgeable about Hep C.  He has done a lot of research and was able to answer some questions that I couldn't understand.  A very nice man.  He was also very up front with the fact that what he sells, was not for me.  I think that made me a lot more open to what he had to say.  He wasn't trying to sell me anything, he was trying to help me.  And he did.  I'd love to see his house!  Looks really cool from the video's!  

His stuff is very expensive.  In this economy, I can see where hard choices would have to be made... Hmm.. do I eat this week or buy my supplements....  Tough choices.  I was lucky in that I had very good insurance when I started treatment..  halfway thru my insurance changed and what they would cover as far as the medications went was pretty rough.  The drug company that made the products I was using stepped in and supplied my last 24 weeks of treatment at no charge.  Without that, I would have had to have stopped treatment altogether.  

Hugs,Teri On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:57 PM, SuziQ <ancientkron@...> wrote:

Hi Teri.

Not all alternatives are from non-doctors. Dr Berkson has a PhD in microbiology as well as his MD. I know you do support people's choice and that you are VERY open-minded about alternatives--and I love that about you.

Just wanted to say for the forum that not ALL alternatives are from people that are not doctors. Some doctors are very supportive of alternatives--especially for those who cannot treat or have failed treatment. In those cases keeping Hep C at bay makes more sense than just doing nothing. At least it does to me.

Interesting that you have spoken to Lloyd . I have also heard that he is a very nice person and truly believes in what he does. I just haven't looked at his protocol in depth. It is far more costly than my budget would allow. But, of course, many doctors make very good money off their skills. And, treatment, if insurance didn't pay, would be FAR beyond what most of us could afford.

Thanks for posting about your experience with Lloyd .

Hugs, SuziQ

> *

> From Teri's post*

> *Now, to be clear, I am not for or against any type of alternative protocol

> when it comes to Hep C or anything else for that matter. Personally, it's

> not for me. But neither is a chiropractor. That's just me. I've been that

> way forever. There is no doubt in my mind that some of the alternative

> stuff that is out there can help keep things at bay. We've seen it right

> here on this forum. *

> *

> *

> *What always comes to mind for me is that Doctors take an oath that says

> " first, do no harm " . Salesman do not take that oath. *

> *

> *

> *Hugs,

Teri

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Sadly though, a lot of Doctors do do harm and it sounds like this Lloyd at least tries to help.Personally, I was a person that did do a lot of vitamins and supplements. Plus, I did that for many many years. Yet, when I went on treatment the first time, I had to ask myself what good all those vitamins ever did for me. My folks do not take vitamins etc.; but, have always believed in cod liver oil. Now my mother will be 80 on her next birthday and my dad is 85. Seems like that cod liver oil has sure done exceptional for them. So, I'm back on it now.When I do eat, I try to eat very healthy! I'm far from perfect on it; but, I do try.Gloria

ny,I have spoken to Lloyd . I sent him an e-mail several years back after finding his video's online... I was already thru with treatment but he had some interesting things to say on his video's about Interferon and I was having difficulties so I sent him a message. He sent me a message back asking for my phone number and he called me. He spent about an hour on the phone explaining, in his opinion, what Interferon does to the body. To his credit, he's not wrong on a lot of what he says. And yes, he is right there in Hawaii. His home is supposedly beautiful and high end... he made his money selling his alternative Hep C

protocol. He is a very nice person and he believes in what he is selling and what he is doing. His products are very high end, but Don is correct, he is a salesman.. and a very good one at that. When I spoke with him it was about the after-effects from the treatment that I was dealing with. What nobody knew at that time, was that I had Fibromyalgia. He helped me understand a lot that I didn't understand before and after our conversation I checked what he said against facts I found online. His facts were correct. Our conversation however, had nothing to do with the products he had because my Hep C was already gone. He was just trying to help me understand what had happened to my system. I have to give him credit for that. He is a nice person.

Now, to be clear, I am not for or against any type of alternative protocol when it comes to Hep C or anything else for that matter. Personally, it's not for me. But neither is a chiropractor. That's just me. I've been that way forever. There is no doubt in my mind that some of the alternative stuff that is out there can help keep things at bay. We've seen it right here on this forum.

What always comes to mind for me is that Doctors take an oath that says "first, do no harm". Salesman do not take that oath.

Hugs,Teri

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Christ <ludichrist2000@...> wrote: