Olive leaf

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I believe that olive leaf serves as a mild anti - fungal and anti

inflammatory. I bought some to try a few years back and it really

didn't do much for me.

Guest guest

Olive Leaf Extract may cause you to have more pain! you are most

likely getting " die off " . Dr. Morton talks about this in his book.

Please research this on some other websites by googleing the topic. I

bought Dr. Morton's book and read whata he had to say about it. It is

an anti-fungal and anti-virus and anti-bacterial supplement. I have

had die off which is know as Herxheimer reaction. This is VERY real.

When I did the antibiotic treatment for mycoplasma 12 years ago, the

die off was so bad I could not even close my hands without pain. But,

I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel as I researched the

treatment very thoroughly and I was willing to go the distance. I am

pain free in my joints today. If you have bacteria, virus or fungus

in your body, most likely you will experience " die off " with more

discomfort than normal. Hope this helps. Elaine

Guest guest

Elaine – I am curious as to what types of symptoms are involved

in “die off.” Is it just the pain? I am wondering about a fever with a rash?

Thanks,

dominie [mailto:dominie ] On Behalf Of epratt72

Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:30 PM

dominie

Subject: Re: olive leaf

Olive Leaf Extract may cause you to have more

pain! you are most

likely getting " die off " . Dr. Morton talks about this in his book.

Please research this on some other websites by googleing the topic. I

bought Dr. Morton's book and read whata he had to say about it. It is

an anti-fungal and anti-virus and anti-bacterial supplement. I have

had die off which is know as Herxheimer reaction. This is VERY real.

When I did the antibiotic treatment for mycoplasma 12 years ago, the

die off was so bad I could not even close my hands without pain. But,

I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel as I researched the

treatment very thoroughly and I was willing to go the distance. I am

pain free in my joints today. If you have bacteria, virus or fungus

in your body, most likely you will experience " die off " with more

discomfort than normal. Hope this helps. Elaine

Guest guest

It is pain and stiffness, that is what I had. But, I had all of this plus fever, etc. with the mycoplasma infection (RA symptoms). I searched on "herxheimer reaction" and there are a number of web sites explaining this condition that is linked to what ever the web site is advertising. Yes, they said that there could be fever and reash involved. But, this is very real as I said before. It like you must get worse before you get better and i did, but the end result was worth it! Elaine & Gimpel <thegimpels@...> wrote: Elaine – I am curious as to what types of symptoms are involved in “die off.” Is it just the pain? I am wondering about a fever with a rash? Thanks, From: dominie [mailto:dominie ] On Behalf Of epratt72Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:30 PMdominie Subject: Re: olive leaf Olive Leaf Extract may cause you to have more pain! you are most likely getting "die off". Dr. Morton talks about this in his book. Please research this on some other websites by googleing the topic. I bought Dr. Morton's book and read whata he had to say about it. It is an anti-fungal and anti-virus and anti-bacterial supplement. I have had die off which is know as Herxheimer reaction. This is VERY real. When I did the antibiotic treatment for mycoplasma 12 years ago, the die off was so bad I could not even close my hands without pain. But, I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel as I researched the treatment very thoroughly and I was willing to go the distance. I am pain free in my joints today. If you have bacteria, virus or fungus in your body, most likely you will experience "die off" with more discomfort than normal. Hope this helps. Elaine

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

How long does that last? I was thinking of trying it - but heck... now I don't know! Does everyone experience that? Elaine Pratt <epratt72@...> wrote: It is pain and stiffness, that is what I had. But, I had all of this plus fever, etc. with the mycoplasma infection (RA symptoms). I searched on "herxheimer

reaction" and there are a number of web sites explaining this condition that is linked to what ever the web site is advertising. Yes, they said that there could be fever and reash involved. But, this is very real as I said before. It like you must get worse before you get better and i did, but the end result was worth it! Elaine & Gimpel <thegimpels@...> wrote: Elaine – I am curious as to what types of symptoms are involved in “die off.” Is it just the pain? I am wondering about a fever with a rash? Thanks, From: dominie [mailto:dominie ] On Behalf Of epratt72Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:30 PMdominie Subject: Re: olive leaf Olive Leaf Extract may cause you to have more pain! you are most likely getting "die off". Dr. Morton talks about this in his book. Please research this on some other websites by googleing the topic. I bought Dr. Morton's book and read whata he had to say about it. It is an anti-fungal and anti-virus and anti-bacterial supplement. I have had die off which is know as

Herxheimer reaction. This is VERY real. When I did the antibiotic treatment for mycoplasma 12 years ago, the die off was so bad I could not even close my hands without pain. But, I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel as I researched the treatment very thoroughly and I was willing to go the distance. I am pain free in my joints today. If you have bacteria, virus or fungus in your body, most likely you will experience "die off" with more discomfort than normal. Hope this helps. Elaine Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

, the die off can be different for everyone. With my mycoplasma infection, I could hardly walk, I had flu like symptoms at least once a month, I hurt all over, could hardly get out of bed in the morning, I was so tired all of the time. So, for me, the results were worth the pain, which was only about 3 months (the worst about 2 weeks and it brought tears, lots of them), . this was the spring of '96 and by the fall of '96 I was doing aerobics! Was it worth it?? I have FMS now that came in 2000 (I believe caused from the stress of my husband and I building our own house in 1999). I have treated it with mostly supplements & chiropractic care, and the last 5 years have been "good". I am just looking for complete healing. This is why I am doing the Olive Leaf extract. I have not had much die off with it, but am doing very well. This could be because I have been taking Monolaurin supplement (lauric acid

made from coconut milk) for about 5 years now. I did have die off with that supplement and it took me several weeks to get to where I could tolerate the 6 cappsules of that a day. (I didn't know about olive leaf extract back then) . With the olive leaf extract, you would start out with 2 capsules per day and work up to 6 as tolerated. If you get die off, reduce the dosage to what is tolerable and then try to increase it again. So, I think it just depends on how "bad" you are on how long it would take to get beyond the die off. Hope this helps. I try to be an "encourager"! Elaine in AZ <oriana_az@...> wrote: How long does that last? I was thinking of trying it - but heck... now I don't know! Does everyone experience that? Elaine Pratt <epratt72 > wrote: It is pain and stiffness, that is what I had. But, I had all of this plus fever, etc. with the mycoplasma infection (RA symptoms). I searched on "herxheimer reaction" and there are a number of web sites explaining this condition that is linked to what ever the web site is advertising. Yes, they said that there could be fever and reash involved. But, this is very real as I said before. It like you must get worse

before you get better and i did, but the end result was worth it! Elaine & Gimpel <thegimpelssbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Elaine – I am curious as to what types of symptoms are involved in “die off.” Is it just the pain? I am wondering about a fever with a rash? Thanks, From: dominie [mailto:dominie ] On Behalf Of

epratt72Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:30 PMdominie Subject: Re: olive leaf Olive Leaf Extract may cause you to have more pain! you are most likely getting "die off". Dr. Morton talks about this in his book. Please research this on some other websites by googleing the topic. I bought Dr. Morton's book and read whata he had to say about it. It is an anti-fungal and anti-virus and anti-bacterial supplement. I have had die off which is know as Herxheimer reaction. This is VERY real. When I did the antibiotic treatment for mycoplasma 12 years ago, the die off was so bad I could not even close my hands without pain. But, I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel as I researched the treatment very thoroughly and I was willing to

go the distance. I am pain free in my joints today. If you have bacteria, virus or fungus in your body, most likely you will experience "die off" with more discomfort than normal. Hope this helps. Elaine Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

, I've started taking the Olive Leaf Extract and I've not had any problems with "die-off". (That's a terrible term!) I started by taking 2 or 3 capsules a day- 150 mg each. I don't know it's helping or not yet but I do know that since I've been taking it, I didn't hurt at all one day when it rained and you know what rain does to us! And one day last weekend, I felt almot normal! Maybe it IS helping! - "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon."

Guest guest

, it sounds like you have had some improvement. Dr. Morton recommends eventually to get up to 3000 megs per day for optimal benefit. But, you are going slowly and that is good. We don't want to feel miserable while working to feel good. He does recommend when you do get too much discomfort, reduce the dosage. Because I was already doing quite well, I am able to take 6/ 500mg capsules. I have beat sinus infection/sore throat symptoms twice in the past 2 weeks! That is a great improvement for me as when I get this "bug" it goes right to acute bronchitis. I hope I can get through this MI winter well! Bronchitis is really a part of the RA/FMS symptoms, I believe, and I get it every winter and have to be on Leviquin to get over it. good health to you! Elaine M <kt_55@...> wrote: , I've started taking the Olive Leaf Extract and I've not had any problems with "die-off". (That's a terrible term!) I started by taking 2 or 3 capsules a day- 150 mg each. I don't know it's helping or not yet but I do know that since I've been taking it, I didn't hurt at all one day when it rained and you know what rain does to us! And one day last weekend, I felt almot normal! Maybe it IS helping! - "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

i started the olive leaf 3 weeks ago. I stopped due to pain in

tenderpoints that I never had before. I am also going through

wheat/gluten withdraw so that may be why I feel worse than usual. I

am going to finish the withdraw and then return to the olive leaf.

would you please keep us updated with your progress? or email me

privately cindyinmd55ataol.com

thank you

> , I've started taking the Olive Leaf Extract and

I've not had any problems with " die-off " . (That's a terrible term!)

I started by taking 2 or 3 capsules a day- 150 mg each. I don't know

it's helping or not yet but I do know that since I've been taking it,

I didn't hurt at all one day when it rained and you know what rain

does to us! And one day last weekend, I felt almot normal! Maybe it

IS helping! -

>

>

> " Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.

> Because our mortal journey is over all too soon. "

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

Guest guest

I have stopped eating wheat also and started the Olive Leaf Extract 2 weeks ago. I have no appetite, and just feel lousy until noon everyday. I am sure that it is working! I have less pain, and have also lost 6 lbs this week. I also take 6 of the 500mg capsules a day.

Guest guest

Humm - maybe I'll look for it. The die off thing scares me! LOL M <kt_55@...> wrote: , I've started taking the Olive Leaf Extract and I've not had any problems with "die-off". (That's a terrible term!) I started by taking 2 or 3 capsules a day- 150 mg each. I don't know it's helping or not yet but I do know that since I've been

taking it, I didn't hurt at all one day when it rained and you know what rain does to us! And one day last weekend, I felt almot normal! Maybe it IS helping! - "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I saved your email , so will email you personally. Elaine <cindyinmd55@...> wrote: i started the olive leaf 3 weeks ago. I stopped due to pain in tenderpoints that I never had before. I am also going through wheat/gluten withdraw so that may be why I feel worse than usual. I am going to finish the withdraw and then return to the olive leaf. would you please keep us updated with your progress? or email me privately cindyinmd55ataol.comthank you> , I've started taking the Olive Leaf Extract and I've not had any problems with "die-off". (That's a terrible term!) I started by taking 2 or 3 capsules a day- 150 mg each. I don't know it's helping or not yet but I do know that since I've been taking it, I didn't hurt at all one day when it rained and you know what rain does to us! And one day last weekend, I felt almot normal! Maybe it IS helping! - > > > "Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore.> Because our mortal journey is over all too soon." > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

My nutritionist put me on olive leaf when we first got started, about 3 yrs ago. My understanding was that it was not something one would normally take as an ongoing nutrient--ie...Co-Q10, but more often used as per a symptom, or traveling to a third world country, or as when I first started with her as a begining treatment to make sure you don't have a parasite or whatever. ? any one elese ? Of course with fibro brain here reporting a 3 yr old conversation, I will add my standard disclaimer ????!!!!???? Sue

Guest guest

ok. I would be interested in hearing others thoughts concerning the

use of olive leaf extract.

>

> My nutritionist put me on olive leaf when we first got started, about

> yrs ago. My understanding was that it was not something one would

> normally take as an ongoing nutrient--ie...Co-Q10, but more often used

> as per a symptom, or traveling to a third world country, or as when I

> first started with her as a begining treatment to make sure you don't

> have a parasite or whatever. ? any one elese ? Of course with fibro

> brain here reporting a 3 yr old conversation, I will add my standard

> disclaimer ????!!!!???? Sue

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the informative email on olive leaf. Do you use it? How much do you

take and in what form? Do you feel a difference?

>

>

> From: emily <emily_sweethang@...>

> Subject: Re: URQpains recurring after tx...

> Hepatitis C

> Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 6:19 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Deron,

>

> How I can relate I have to go back to step one frequently with this disease

process cause I want to fix it. (especially since I am a nurse) I want to find

something that will make it go away. Somedays it is just a matter of realization

that I am not in control anyway I still believe my higher power is.

> I could cuse and get really mad since I took 8 months of interferon ( SHIT)

that just burned up my kidneys and made me freakin mad all the time. Crying when

someone gets a new car on the prices right and shit like that. But hey I believe

God does have a great sense of humor. But I dont think after being clean 5 years

he has left me here to deal with this dragon alone. Nor has he left any of us

for that matter.

> I have learned so much and doing the ozonation water stuff and milk thistle,

saint john's wart which has tons of antiviral properties. I try to eat more

artichokes, ginger.

> The last time I was at the gi doc she says wow your alpha protein is negative

and there is no enlargment of the liver or scarring noted on the ultrasound. Oh

and I takes tons of Vitamin C and green tea. this is working for me I am to go

get liver functions and cbc in a week and we will see how it really is going but

Just for today life is rocking!!

> God bless and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend

>

> URQpains recurring after tx...

>

> > -----Original Message-----

> >

> > Hey everybody,

> >

> > So I finished a 48 week course of interferon/ribaviri n on

> > April 27, 2009. Here's the thing. Before I started

> > treatment, I always had like these liver pains -- for years

> > and then during the treatment, no pains. I went undetectable

> > at day 28 of treatemtent. Now that the treatment is

> > complete, all of a sudden I'm getting liver pains again. I'm

> > really really trying not to trip, but I am concerned. Can

> > the virus bounce back that quick?

>

> ...possibly. probably. they can replicate really fast. it may not be the

> virus, but it may be liver damage from the chemo?

>

> I realize I am powerless.

>

> ...if you believe so you make it true for sure.

>

> > I've done everything that I can -- by doing the treatment.

>

>

> > It really is out of my hands at this point.

>

>

> I go in a for

> > viral load test in less than three months. I'll know more then.

>

> ...considering these symptoms maybe they'd step that up to much sooner?

>

> ...meanwhile, what are you going to do, just worry and wonder?

>

> ...there's been many good suggestions on this list recently and in times

> past, and all over the web, for ways other than tx to kill virus/protect

> liver/regenerate liver/normalize- support-enhance immune system/detox/ etc etc

> etc. if you don't have the sense or courage to work with it on your own,

> you're stuck with whatever is or isn't done to/for you.

> good luck with all that.

>

>

Guest guest

hi there...

i just started taking them,i'll let you know in a month how i feel,i feel good

for the most part,i just get a little depressed/brain fog/slight head aches :(

you can write lloyd@... he sells the product also but i get it

from my health food store. lloyd did the interferon treatment and it messed him

up so he went on a rampage to figure out his own program. write him with " any

questions " ,he will get back to you right away :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDOUb76lz2M check out video and theres many more.

he is right about the doctors,they dont want to hear anything from your mouth

but that YES,I'LL DO THE INTERFERON TREATMENT,LOL.

Subject: Re: olive leaf

Hepatitis C

Date: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the informative email on olive leaf. Do you use it? How much do you

take and in what form? Do you feel a difference?

>

>

> From: emily <emily_sweethang@ ...>

> Subject: Re: URQpains recurring after tx...

> Hepatitis Csupportgr oupgroups (DOT) com

> Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 6:19 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Deron,

>

> How I can relate I have to go back to step one frequently with this disease

process cause I want to fix it. (especially since I am a nurse) I want to find

something that will make it go away. Somedays it is just a matter of realization

that I am not in control anyway I still believe my higher power is.

> I could cuse and get really mad since I took 8 months of interferon ( SHIT)

that just burned up my kidneys and made me freakin mad all the time. Crying when

someone gets a new car on the prices right and shit like that. But hey I believe

God does have a great sense of humor. But I dont think after being clean 5 years

he has left me here to deal with this dragon alone. Nor has he left any of us

for that matter.

> I have learned so much and doing the ozonation water stuff and milk thistle,

saint john's wart which has tons of antiviral properties. I try to eat more

artichokes, ginger.

> The last time I was at the gi doc she says wow your alpha protein is negative

and there is no enlargment of the liver or scarring noted on the ultrasound. Oh

and I takes tons of Vitamin C and green tea. this is working for me I am to go

get liver functions and cbc in a week and we will see how it really is going but

Just for today life is rocking!!

> God bless and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend

>

> URQpains recurring after tx...

>

> > -----Original Message-----

> >

> > Hey everybody,

> >

> > So I finished a 48 week course of interferon/ribaviri n on

> > April 27, 2009. Here's the thing. Before I started

> > treatment, I always had like these liver pains -- for years

> > and then during the treatment, no pains. I went undetectable

> > at day 28 of treatemtent. Now that the treatment is

> > complete, all of a sudden I'm getting liver pains again. I'm

> > really really trying not to trip, but I am concerned. Can

> > the virus bounce back that quick?

>

> ...possibly. probably. they can replicate really fast. it may not be the

> virus, but it may be liver damage from the chemo?

>

> I realize I am powerless.

>

>

> > I've done everything that I can -- by doing the treatment.

>

>

> > It really is out of my hands at this point.

>

>

> I go in a for

> > viral load test in less than three months. I'll know more then.

>

> ...considering these symptoms maybe they'd step that up to much sooner?

>

> ...meanwhile, what are you going to do, just worry and wonder?

>

> ...there's been many good suggestions on this list recently and in times

> past, and all over the web, for ways other than tx to kill virus/protect

> liver/regenerate liver/normalize- support-enhance immune system/detox/ etc etc

> etc. if you don't have the sense or courage to work with it on your own,

> you're stuck with whatever is or isn't done to/for you.

> good luck with all that.

>

>

Guest guest

Has anyone ever tried Olive leaf as an alternative treatment? I went to

Earthfare the other day and asked the nutritionist what she recommended for

Lyme and she told me Olive Leaf. She gave me a sample of liquid. I just

ordered Olive leaf extract capsules by mail order from my favorite vitamin

company - buy 2 get 3 free. I have been taking extra Vitamin C, and many

other anti oxidants since being diagnosed in August for Lyme.

in SC

Guest guest

Yes, Olive Leaf is helping me. In my case, it is effective is killing not only

Lyme - but the parasites as well. (I also take Colloidal Silver). - - Glen

[ ] Olive leaf

in SC

Guest guest

are you in South Carolina? im from SC in live in Virginia..i have lyme

and im very sick.....does the olive leaf extract help you i would like to try

something differetn...when i started the antibioitcs i got so much sicker and

have felt worse everyday for 2 months now..worse and worse each day..so

sick..brain doesnt even function right now..im so scared so many symptoms..what

are your symptoms..i can hardly type this because my head feels so

strange.....maybe you can help me some..

Subject: [ ] Olive leaf

Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 6:38 PM

in SC

Guest guest

Is that something you took all along while dealing with all this or after? What does it do for you? Thanks

From: Cecilia Borg <ceciliaborg@...>"bird mites " <bird mites > Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:28 AMSubject: Re: olive leaf

Hi!i take olivie leaf tabletts after recommendation from SArah, I think she is using powder thoug, but that can´t be bought here in Sweden.

KR

Cecilia

From: Linds J <lj_mom11@...>"bird mites " <bird mites > Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:19 AMSubject: olive leaf

It seems I remember someone mentioning Olive Leaf before. I think it could of been . It that used as a supplement? What are its benefits? Thanks

Guest guest

I think it is a natural anti-fungal?

kajay takes it, I think.

On Jan 10, 2012 9:45 AM, " Linds J " <lj_mom11@...> wrote:

Is that something you took all along while dealing with all this or after? What does it do for you? Thanks

" bird mites " <bird mites >

Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:28 AMSubject: Re: olive leaf Hi!

i take olivie leaf tabletts after recommendation from SArah, I think she is using powder thou...