RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Introduce myself/Good Info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sounds like you're right on top of things. Thanks for the link. Your's is the kind of story that everyone can relate to and possibly benefit from...whether they have MS or not.

Was there any particular experience from your vitamin and mineral intake that stands out as a big improvement in your symptoms?

China

Guest guest

there is 2 particular herbs that i learned to take when my cholesterol was in dangerously high

proportions!!! - reishi mushrooms & hawthorne berries!! not only did it help bring down my cholesterol count, but i found out it was also good for angina, a heart condition, which my husband had, in a big way!! it helps to open the arteries, and allows more oxygen to reach the heart; which is why he suffered shortness of breath, when walking, or doing any kind of work!! he had a job at the time, as a security guard, making rounds & clocking particular sites on a college camp. he found that he could not do this without his doses of reishi & hawthorne!! HE FOUND IT AMAZING & SO DID I!! also, with MSM, i found that my hair grew to quite a length; having loss, i think, from steroid intake for up to 8 yrs. at the time i started taking it, i was wearing wigs, due to the much loss. now, i have to go to the barber ever so often to get it cut, or can't handle the length, to style it the way i want to. it also grows fingernails!!! my sister, who contracted alopecia (baldness), started using it, and now she has hair down to the middle of her back!!! IT WORKS!! my husband said -"there are 2 of those things that u take, that i KNOW works!!! that MSM & that REISHI MUSHROOMS & HAWTHORNE BERRIES!!!"

and, that is only 3 of the supplements that i take EACH AND EVERYDAY!!!

MARSHIRIS

Guest guest

Thanks China.. When I was first diagnosed, on top of taking Copaxone, I started to take vitamins. I bought them at like the Vitamin Shoppe and such. I hated taking them because they would either repeat on me or make me feel icky. After I found the doctor in CT and explained this to her, she explained that some vitamin compaines use fillers and sometimes the casing they are in are crap and thats why they would repeat on me or I would feel icky. After taking the ones she recommended, the problem of the repeating and icky feeling went away. Also she tested me on the dosage amount as to how many of what I should take. That made a huge difference. I now get all my vitamins from a company that doesn't use crapy fillers or casings... it was very discouraging when I first started to take them. Who wants to take vitamins that repeat or make you feel icky? They are supposed to help you,

not hinder you... So I would say to others, make sure you take suppliments from a good company and not a fly by night company.. make sense?nonicafe1@... wrote: Sounds like you're right on top of things. Thanks for the link. Your's is the kind of story that everyone can relate to and possibly benefit from...whether they have MS or not. Was there any particular experience from your vitamin

and mineral intake that stands out as a big improvement in your symptoms? China

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Guest guest

you can get the MSM, REISHI MUSHROOMS, & HAWTHORNE BERRIES at any vitamin, or health food store, i presume. i try to go to VITAMIN SHOPPE, because they're very reasonably priced!!

MSM = methylsulfonylmethane = methyl-sulfonyl-methane (that's how i had to break it

had down to learn the pronunciation!!

it is predominately a structural component of cartilage!! that's what it says on the bottle!!!

look it up on the web!! that's what i always do b4 taking anything new!! sulfur is found in every cell of the body, and with illnesses & diseases, i assume it is lowered!! you will find on the web that it says it helps with diabetes, weight loss, and a myriad of other conditions!! iwas introduced to it by a co-worker, who sold the product, way back in '94-'95!! been taking it on a daily basis ever since. i'm convinced that it was the MSM that took me off steroids after 8 yrs.!!!!! >> look up the reishi mushrooms & hawthorne berries also!! they're good for lowering the bad cholesterol, triglyserides, etc. my triglycerides were so high, the lab not only notified my pcp, but sent me a personal notice!! they are also good for angina, which my husband had;and it worked wonders for him!!

LET ME KNOW HOW U MAKE OUT!! u can e-mail me personally, if u wish!!

marshiris@...

Guest guest

just thought of something else, concerning MSM - years ago, my grandmother told me a real good friend of my mom's, suffered from very a very bad skin condition, that left her face with pox marks, etc. my grandmother used to give her sulfur & molasses on a tablespoon, and by the time i came along, she had gorgeous skin!! in fact, she became a strip-tease dancer!!! and my god-mother!!! ain't that something???!!!

marhsiris

Guest guest

ok - my sister said she was, at first, on a med from her dermatologist, for the alopecia!! a cream, that she used on the bald spot, and the hair had started growing, in about 6 weeks!!

she started the MSM about 5 yrs. ago for osteo-arthritis, and noticed the rapidity of hair growth!! but, like i said, her hair is half way down her back, now!! she hasn't cut it during the 5 yrs. i hope this helps you make ur decision as to whether or not u want to use it!! don't think it can do any harm!!

marshiris

Guest guest

What is MSM? And where do you get the mushrooms and berries? My hair is falling out horibly, and i have sky high cholesterol but cannot afford lipitor, and have no insurance. This stuff sounds great!!!!

Nola

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Introduce myself/Good Info

there is 2 particular herbs that i learned to take when my cholesterol was in dangerously high

proportions!!! - reishi mushrooms & hawthorne berries!! not only did it help bring down my cholesterol count, but i found out it was also good for angina, a heart condition, which my husband had, in a big way!! it helps to open the arteries, and allows more oxygen to reach the heart; which is why he suffered shortness of breath, when walking, or doing any kind of work!! he had a job at the time, as a security guard, making rounds & clocking particular sites on a college camp. he found that he could not do this without his doses of reishi & hawthorne!! HE FOUND IT AMAZING & SO DID I!! also, with MSM, i found that my hair grew to quite a length; having loss, i think, from steroid intake for up to 8 yrs. at the time i started taking it, i was wearing wigs, due to the much loss. now, i have to go to the barber ever so often to get it cut, or can't handle the length, to style it the way i want to. it also grows fingernails!!! my sister, who contracted alopecia (baldness), started using it, and now she has hair down to the middle of her back!!! IT WORKS!! my husband said -"there are 2 of those things that u take, that i KNOW works!!! that MSM & that REISHI MUSHROOMS & HAWTHORNE BERRIES!!!"

and, that is only 3 of the supplements that i take EACH AND EVERYDAY!!!

MARSHIRIS

Guest guest

I get mine from http://www.designsforhealth.com/... very good company....Nola <oothappam@...> wrote: What is MSM? And where do you get the mushrooms and berries? My hair is falling out horibly, and i have sky high cholesterol but cannot afford lipitor, and have no insurance. This stuff sounds great!!!! Nola Re: [low dose naltrexone] Introduce myself/Good Info there is 2 particular herbs that i learned to take when my cholesterol was in dangerously high proportions!!! - reishi mushrooms & hawthorne berries!! not only did it help bring down my cholesterol

count, but i found out it was also good for angina, a heart condition, which my husband had, in a big way!! it helps to open the arteries, and allows more oxygen to reach the heart; which is why he suffered shortness of breath, when walking, or doing any kind of work!! he had a job at the time, as a security guard, making rounds & clocking particular sites on a college camp. he found that he could not do this without his doses of reishi & hawthorne!! HE FOUND IT AMAZING & SO DID I!! also, with MSM, i found that my hair grew to quite a length; having loss, i think, from steroid intake for up to 8 yrs. at the time i started taking it, i was wearing wigs, due to the much loss. now, i have to go to the barber ever so often to get it cut, or can't handle the length, to style it the way i want to. it also grows fingernails!!! my sister, who contracted alopecia (baldness), started using it, and now she has

hair down to the middle of her back!!! IT WORKS!! my husband said -"there are 2 of those things that u take, that i KNOW works!!! that MSM & that REISHI MUSHROOMS & HAWTHORNE BERRIES!!!" and, that is only 3 of the supplements that i take EACH AND EVERYDAY!!! MARSHIRIS

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

I get MSM, Hawthorne berries and reishi mushrooms bulk from www.ameriherb.com or in capsules from www.iherb.com. Sometimes I can find dried reishi mushrooms in the produce section of my supermarket. Sometimes I go to my friend's yard in the Fall an pick my own Hawthorn berries.

Another way to lower cholesterol and improve ratios is to take vitamin C and 500 mg on Niacin (not flush-free) with meals. Also, reduce refined grains and processed foods.

Hair falling out can also be a symptom of thyroid disfunction. The B vitamins biotin and PABA can also be helpful.

mjh"The Basil Book"http://foxhillfarm.us/FireBasil/

Posted by: "Nola" oothappam@... nosukhilala

Tue Dec 5, 2006 7:40 am (PST)

What is MSM? And where do you get the mushrooms and berries? My hair is falling out horibly, and i have sky high cholesterol but cannot afford lipitor, and have no insurance. This stuff sounds great!!!!Nola

Guest guest

thanx for the info on thyroid dysfunction! not aware of that symptom!! i do take b vitamins daily & biotin too!!

thanx again!! marshiris