RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: lowdosenaltroxene.org website claims

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do not respond favorably.  If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show that LDN does not work for everyone.  I'm not sure how long you've been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for MS.All The Best, ...helpful support groups for people with MSLDN_Users  &  www.ldnusers.orglow dose naltrexonemscuredTheChronicIllnessCafeMySpace URL:  http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro  On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:21 AM, SlackandSteel wrote:The lowdosenaltroxene.org website is an important resource for peopleto learn about LDN, and is commonly recommended that people refertheir doctors to this site when wanting to get an LDN prescription.It's also the first site that comes up when doing a websearch.That being said, there is information there that would lead one tobelieve that LDN works for just about all people with MS, such as:"Autoimmune diseases. Within the group of patients who presented withan autoimmune disease (see above list), none have failed to respond toLDN; all have experienced a halt in progression of their illness. Inmany patients there was a marked remission in signs and symptoms ofthe disease. The greatest number of patients within the autoimmunegroup are people with multiple sclerosis, of whom there are now some400 in Dr. Bihari's practice. Less than 1% of these patients has everexperienced a fresh attack of MS while they maintained their regularLDN nightly therapy."A quick read of this discussion group clearly proves the above claimsuntrue. There are many people writing here that have tried LDN andhave not responded favorably.I really think it would be in the best interests of eveyone connectedwith LDN if they revised these hyperbolic claims and presented a morerealistic picture as we know it today. Claims like the above canimmediately arouse suspicion and can actually do a disservice to thecause.Am I the only one bugged by this?

Guest guest

I can't say that I am 'bugged' by the claims, as we all know that the evidence is anecdotal, and individuals respond differently in individual situations. I haven't seen miraculous results, but I have had some improvements, which were welcomed. I was very progressed to begin with, but I can't help but wonder what shape I might be in if I had been offered LDN in the beginning. Like my doctor said when I first showed him the information and asked to try LDN, "It will not hurt you, and you have nothing to lose." I guess one has to be in a desperate situation to appreciate any benefits derived, no matter how big or small. For those who claim that it did nothing to help them, well, I wish that it had. Marcie SlackandSteel <slackandsteel@...>

wrote: The lowdosenaltroxene.org website is an important resource for peopleto learn about LDN, and is commonly recommended that people refertheir doctors to this site when wanting to get an LDN prescription.It's also the first site that comes up when doing a websearch.That being said, there is information there that would lead one tobelieve that LDN works for just about all people with MS, such as:"Autoimmune diseases. Within the group of patients who presented withan autoimmune disease (see above list),

none have failed to respond toLDN; all have experienced a halt in progression of their illness. Inmany patients there was a marked remission in signs and symptoms ofthe disease. The greatest number of patients within the autoimmunegroup are people with multiple sclerosis, of whom there are now some400 in Dr. Bihari's practice. Less than 1% of these patients has everexperienced a fresh attack of MS while they maintained their regularLDN nightly therapy."A quick read of this discussion group clearly proves the above claimsuntrue. There are many people writing here that have tried LDN andhave not responded favorably.I really think it would be in the best interests of eveyone connectedwith LDN if they revised these hyperbolic claims and presented a morerealistic picture as we know it today. Claims like the above canimmediately arouse suspicion and can actually do a disservice to thecause.Am I the only

one bugged by this?

Guest guest

here

http://skipspharmacy.com/ldn.php

there are links on the bottom to the studies

this is also what a lot of people see that have been involved in ldn for a long

time-just a observation-

they see 3 groups of people

1.rapid responders

2. folks that take a few months to feel anything

3. people who don't feel anything but other people see changes in them

I have to wonderful, I always wonder what else is going on with the people who

do not respond or respond slowly. is their endocrine system out of wack-

dr crowly talked to me about how he think people who were on steroids may not

respond as well as people who were not.

as far as the other diseases like krohns -other immune system disorders - i

think that this grand experiment is actually going to prove that these things

are all related but whats that theory ACUMS RAZOR -that the simplest answer is

usually the one.

cyndi

Re: [low dose naltrexone] lowdosenaltroxene.org website claims

>

>There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do

>not respond favorably. If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will

>also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show

>that LDN does not work for everyone. I'm not sure how long you've

>been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does

>not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for MS.

>

>All The Best,

>

>

>...

>helpful support groups for people with MS

>

>LDN_Users & www.ldnusers.org

>low dose naltrexone

>mscured

>TheChronicIllnessCafe

>

>

>MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro

>

>On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:21 AM, SlackandSteel wrote:

>

>> The lowdosenaltroxene.org website is an important resource for people

>> to learn about LDN, and is commonly recommended that people refer

>> their doctors to this site when wanting to get an LDN prescription.

>> It's also the first site that comes up when doing a websearch.

>>

>> That being said, there is information there that would lead one to

>> believe that LDN works for just about all people with MS, such as:

>>

>> " Autoimmune diseases. Within the group of patients who presented with

>> an autoimmune disease (see above list), none have failed to respond to

>> LDN; all have experienced a halt in progression of their illness. In

>> many patients there was a marked remission in signs and symptoms of

>> the disease. The greatest number of patients within the autoimmune

>> group are people with multiple sclerosis, of whom there are now some

>> 400 in Dr. Bihari's practice. Less than 1% of these patients has ever

>> experienced a fresh attack of MS while they maintained their regular

>> LDN nightly therapy. "

>>

>> A quick read of this discussion group clearly proves the above claims

>> untrue. There are many people writing here that have tried LDN and

>> have not responded favorably.

>>

>> I really think it would be in the best interests of eveyone connected

>> with LDN if they revised these hyperbolic claims and presented a more

>> realistic picture as we know it today. Claims like the above can

>> immediately arouse suspicion and can actually do a disservice to the

>> cause.

>>

>> Am I the only one bugged by this?

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

>

> SlackandSteel <slackandsteel@...> wrote:

> The lowdosenaltroxene.org website is an important resource for

people

> to learn about LDN, and is commonly recommended that people refer

> their doctors to this site when wanting to get an LDN prescription.

> It's also the first site that comes up when doing a websearch.

>

> That being said, there is information there that would lead one to

> believe that LDN works for just about all people with MS, such as:

>

> " Autoimmune diseases. Within the group of patients who presented with

> an autoimmune disease (see above list), none have failed to respond to

> LDN; all have experienced a halt in progression of their illness. In

> many patients there was a marked remission in signs and symptoms of

> the disease. The greatest number of patients within the autoimmune

> group are people with multiple sclerosis, of whom there are now some

> 400 in Dr. Bihari's practice. Less than 1% of these patients has ever

> experienced a fresh attack of MS while they maintained their regular

> LDN nightly therapy. "

>

> A quick read of this discussion group clearly proves the above claims

> untrue. There are many people writing here that have tried LDN and

> have not responded favorably.

>

> I really think it would be in the best interests of eveyone connected

> with LDN if they revised these hyperbolic claims and presented a more

> realistic picture as we know it today. Claims like the above can

> immediately arouse suspicion and can actually do a disservice to the

> cause.

>

> Am I the only one bugged by this?

>

=======

Click on the Contact Us page on the LDN website and voice your concerns to the

owners of the site. I too believe some changes and updates need to be made in

various places. LIKE A WARNING NOT TO LET ANY COMPOUNDING PHARMACIST USE

CALCIUM CARBONATE AS A FILLER IN YOUR LDN CAPSULES, CC can cause LDN to release

slow, LDN MUST release fast to work.

Guest guest

>

> There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do

> not respond favorably. If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will

> also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show

> that LDN does not work for everyone. I'm not sure how long you've

> been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does

> not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for

>MS.

I know this and it wasn't my point.

My point is that claims that something works virtually 100 percent of

the time normally arouse suspicion in people since this is virtually

never the case, and this has been proven true in the case of LDN as well.

In addition, the information is based on old information (at least

several years) and should be updated to reflect current data.

Guest guest

I've wondered that too Cyndi. There are some folks that cant tolerate even the smallest amouts of LDN. My conclusion is that MS is actually a 'melting pot' of a bunch of other neurological diseases, in other words Multiple Sclerosis is not the disease, it's simply a description of a class of diseases.. For most of us, we respond favorably, but for those that dont, they have something that is only aggravated by LDN, or it's actions. LDN appears to be much more successful than any other treatment though, approved, or not.

Re: [low dose naltrexone] lowdosenaltroxene.org website claims>>There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do >not respond favorably. If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will >also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show >that LDN does not work for everyone. I'm not sure how long you've >been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does >not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for MS.>>All The Best,>>>...>helpful support groups for people with MS>>LDN_Users & www.ldnusers.org>low dose naltrexone>mscured>TheChronicIllnessCafe>>>MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro>>On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:21 AM, SlackandSteel wrote:>>> The lowdosenaltroxene.org website is an important resource for people>> to learn about LDN, and is commonly recommended that people refer>> their doctors to this site when wanting to get an LDN prescription.>> It's also the first site that comes up when doing a websearch.>>>> That being said, there is information there that would lead one to>> believe that LDN works for just about all people with MS, such as:>>>> "Autoimmune diseases. Within the group of patients who presented with>> an autoimmune disease (see above list), none have failed to respond to>> LDN; all have experienced a halt in progression of their illness. In>> many patients there was a marked remission in signs and symptoms of>> the disease. The greatest number of patients within the autoimmune>> group are people with multiple sclerosis, of whom there are now some>> 400 in Dr. Bihari's practice. Less than 1% of these patients has ever>> experienced a fresh attack of MS while they maintained their regular>> LDN nightly therapy.">>>> A quick read of this discussion group clearly proves the above claims>> untrue. There are many people writing here that have tried LDN and>> have not responded favorably.>>>> I really think it would be in the best interests of eveyone connected>> with LDN if they revised these hyperbolic claims and presented a more>> realistic picture as we know it today. Claims like the above can>> immediately arouse suspicion and can actually do a disservice to the>> cause.>>>> Am I the only one bugged by this?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Along the same line, about 3 years ago, a neurologist in Texas had been conducting a 'study' using Keppra (an anti-epileptic drug) to relieve spasms in MS patients. (Keep in mind this is considered off-label use.) There were only 12 patients in the study. Supposedly, one bed-ridden patient was able to get out of bed! Several more saw good results, and several dropped out of the study completely. (Must not have worked for those.) Nevertheless, the doctor got worldwide acclaim for the study! 12 patients!!! My big question is; was the bed-ridden patient confined to a bed because of depression or because he/she absolutely could not get themself out of bed due to paralysis? There's a BIG difference. Both are bad and legitimate, but there is a difference. Like I said, the doc got worldwide media coverage thanks to 12 patients and

an off-label prescription, but LDN has shown modest to miraculous results in probably thousands of patients (some seeing zero results), yet it seems taboo to mention LDN to a traditional neuro. Go figure??? Marcie psychrn@... wrote: herehttp://skipspharmacy.com/ldn.phpthere are links on the bottom to the studiesthis is also what a lot of people see that have been involved in

ldn for a long time-just a observation- they see 3 groups of people1.rapid responders 2. folks that take a few months to feel anything3. people who don't feel anything but other people see changes in themI have to wonderful, I always wonder what else is going on with the people who do not respond or respond slowly. is their endocrine system out of wack- dr crowly talked to me about how he think people who were on steroids may not respond as well as people who were not. as far as the other diseases like krohns -other immune system disorders - i think that this grand experiment is actually going to prove that these things are all related but whats that theory ACUMS RAZOR -that the simplest answer is usually the one.cyndi Re: [low dose naltrexone] lowdosenaltroxene.org website claims>>There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do >not respond favorably. If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will >also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show >that LDN does not work for everyone. I'm not sure how long you've >been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does >not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for MS.>>All The Best,>>>...>helpful support groups for people with MS>>LDN_Users & www.ldnusers.org>low dose naltrexone>mscured>TheChronicIllnessCafe>>>MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro>>On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:21 AM, SlackandSteel wrote:>>> The lowdosenaltroxene.org website is an important resource for people>> to learn about LDN, and is commonly recommended that people refer>> their doctors to this site when wanting to get an LDN prescription.>> It's also the first site that comes up when doing a websearch.>>>> That being said,

there is information there that would lead one to>> believe that LDN works for just about all people with MS, such as:>>>> "Autoimmune diseases. Within the group of patients who presented with>> an autoimmune disease (see above list), none have failed to respond to>> LDN; all have experienced a halt in progression of their illness. In>> many patients there was a marked remission in signs and symptoms of>> the disease. The greatest number of patients within the autoimmune>> group are people with multiple sclerosis, of whom there are now some>> 400 in Dr. Bihari's practice. Less than 1% of these patients has ever>> experienced a fresh attack of MS while they maintained their regular>> LDN nightly therapy.">>>> A quick read of this discussion group clearly proves the above claims>> untrue. There are many people writing here that have

tried LDN and>> have not responded favorably.>>>> I really think it would be in the best interests of eveyone connected>> with LDN if they revised these hyperbolic claims and presented a more>> realistic picture as we know it today. Claims like the above can>> immediately arouse suspicion and can actually do a disservice to the>> cause.>>>> Am I the only one bugged by this?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

I'm not bugged by it in the least.

For one thing, nowhere on the website does Dr. Bihari claim that it

alleviates everyone's symptoms. Secondly, the main reason we take LDN

is to prevent disease progression. I'm someone's who's experienced

little symptom relief, yet I've been on it now for close to three years

and intend to take it forever. And thirdly, there are all kinds of

reasons that people with MS may feel like they're relapsing, when it

might not be an actual relapse: stress, illness, heat and humidity,

old lesions temporarily acting up... All these things can contribute

to people feeling lousy.

Someone else recently wrote that it's " common knowledge " that about 15%

of LDN-takers aren't helped. Where did these statistics come from?

It's not my common knowledge...

Guest guest

You do make an interesting observation.  Maybe someone could update the information a bit so it doesn't mislead people.All The Best, ...helpful support groups for people with MSLDN_Users & www.ldnusers.orglow dose naltrexonemscuredTheChronicIllnessCafeMySpace URL:  http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro  On Aug 25, 2006, at 11:26 AM, SlackandSteel wrote: There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do  not respond favorably.  If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will  also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show  that LDN does not work for everyone.  I'm not sure how long you've  been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does  not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure forMS. I know this and it wasn't my point.My point is that claims that something works virtually 100 percent ofthe time normally arouse suspicion in people since this is virtuallynever the case, and this has been proven true in the case of LDN as well. In addition, the information is based on old information (at leastseveral years) and should be updated to reflect current data.

Guest guest

>

> There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do

> not respond favorably. If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will

> also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show

> that LDN does not work for everyone. I'm not sure how long you've

> been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does

> not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for

MS.

>

> All The Best,

>

>

--

Common knowledge? From where does that 15% number come from?

Artie

Guest guest

Art,I don't think it's written in stone anywhere, but I've see that percentage come up a number of times in this group as well as mine.  Maybe someone else can back me up on this.All The Best, ...helpful support groups for people with MSLDN_Users & www.ldnusers.orglow dose naltrexonemscuredTheChronicIllnessCafeMySpace URL:  http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro  On Aug 25, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Art Hansen wrote: There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do  not respond favorably.  If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will  also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show  that LDN does not work for everyone.  I'm not sure how long you've  been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does  not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for  MS. All The Best, --Common knowledge? From where does that 15% number come from?Artie

Guest guest

>

> Art,

>

> I don't think it's written in stone anywhere, but I've see that

> percentage come up a number of times in this group as well as mine.

> Maybe someone else can back me up on this.

>

> All The Best,

>

>

--

Searched this site back to 12/31/05 and the only posts with the 15%

reference are numbers 40767 where Aletha makes the unconfirmed claim

that LDN does not work on 15% of the people who use it and post number

33551 Bradley states 3mg of LDN works on 85% and 4.5 works on 15%

according to Dr. Bihari.

Artie

Guest guest

Art,Yes, I've heard it from others as well.  I wish their were more concrete evidence to support it though.  It seems that most things are past on by word of mouth.  All The Best, ...helpful support groups for people with MSLDN_Users & www.ldnusers.orglow dose naltrexonemscuredTheChronicIllnessCafeMySpace URL:  http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro  On Aug 25, 2006, at 6:44 PM, Art Hansen wrote: Art,I don't think it's written in stone anywhere, but I've see that  percentage come up a number of times in this group as well as mine.   Maybe someone else can back me up on this.All The Best, --Searched this site back to 12/31/05 and the only posts with the 15% reference are numbers 40767 where Aletha makes the unconfirmed claim that LDN does not work on 15% of the people who use it and post number 33551 Bradley states 3mg of LDN works on 85% and 4.5 works on 15% according to Dr. Bihari.Artie

Guest guest

>

> I'm not bugged by it in the least.

>

> For one thing, nowhere on the website does Dr. Bihari claim that it

> alleviates everyone's symptoms. Secondly, the main reason we take

LDN

> is to prevent disease progression. I'm someone's who's experienced

> little symptom relief, yet I've been on it now for close to three

years

> and intend to take it forever. And thirdly, there are all kinds of

> reasons that people with MS may feel like they're relapsing, when it

> might not be an actual relapse: stress, illness, heat and humidity,

> old lesions temporarily acting up... All these things can

contribute

> to people feeling lousy.

>

> Someone else recently wrote that it's " common knowledge " that about

15%

> of LDN-takers aren't helped. Where did these statistics come from?

> It's not my common knowledge...

>

>

> , What dose do you take? Would you mind if I email you? I

have a couple of questions, I'd like to ask. Cat

Guest guest

you guys can email the glucks and ask them to update their website. i'm sure

they won't mind the input

cyndi

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: lowdosenaltroxene.org website claims

>

>You do make an interesting observation. Maybe someone could update

>the information a bit so it doesn't mislead people.

>

>All The Best,

>

>

>...

>helpful support groups for people with MS

>

>LDN_Users & www.ldnusers.org

>low dose naltrexone

>mscured

>TheChronicIllnessCafe

>

>MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro

>

>

>On Aug 25, 2006, at 11:26 AM, SlackandSteel wrote:

>

>>

>>>

>>> There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do

>>> not respond favorably. If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will

>>> also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show

>>> that LDN does not work for everyone. I'm not sure how long you've

>>> been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does

>>> not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for

>>> MS.

>>

>> I know this and it wasn't my point.

>>

>> My point is that claims that something works virtually 100 percent of

>> the time normally arouse suspicion in people since this is virtually

>> never the case, and this has been proven true in the case of LDN as

>> well.

>>

>> In addition, the information is based on old information (at least

>> several years) and should be updated to reflect current data.

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

There is another possibility for the varied reactions to LDN... our

own genetics.

Recent studies with high dose naltrexone (used as an alcohol abuse

therapy) found that different patients reacted different ways... not

because there are several kinds of alcoholism, but because of genetic

differences in the patients.

Maureen

(Gazorpa)

Guest guest

and what if thinks like chrohns psoriasis (please forgive my spelling )

fibromyalgia chronic fatigue RA -what if all these things are related and can

be stopped by one little drug.

cyndi

Re: [low dose naltrexone] lowdosenaltroxene.org website claims

>

>I've wondered that too Cyndi. There are some folks that cant tolerate even the

smallest amouts of LDN. My conclusion is that MS is actually a 'melting pot' of

a bunch of other neurological diseases, in other words Multiple Sclerosis is not

the disease, it's simply a description of a class of diseases.. For most of us,

we respond favorably, but for those that dont, they have something that is only

aggravated by LDN, or it's actions. LDN appears to be much more successful than

any other treatment though, approved, or not.

> Re: [low dose naltrexone] lowdosenaltroxene.org website claims

>

>

>

> here

> http://skipspharmacy.com/ldn.php

>

> there are links on the bottom to the studies

>

> this is also what a lot of people see that have been involved in ldn for a

long time-just a observation-

> they see 3 groups of people

>

> 1.rapid responders

> 2. folks that take a few months to feel anything

> 3. people who don't feel anything but other people see changes in them

>

> I have to wonderful, I always wonder what else is going on with the people

who do not respond or respond slowly. is their endocrine system out of wack-

> dr crowly talked to me about how he think people who were on steroids may not

respond as well as people who were not.

>

> as far as the other diseases like krohns -other immune system disorders - i

think that this grand experiment is actually going to prove that these things

are all related but whats that theory ACUMS RAZOR -that the simplest answer is

usually the one.

>

Guest guest

>

> So Artee which one are you? the 85% or the 15% why is this so

important? It all depends on what dosage you happen to be taking.

>

>

--

I've had MS since April 1988 and I've been taking LDN since March 2005.

After one month I went to 4.5mgs.

I think it's important that what we post is as accurate and as

verifiable as possible. Very sick people visit here to find hope and

answers and we're the ones who try to provide them. This site and it's

members have given me something to look forward to. Possible better

health. It's been a long time since I felt well.

Guest guest

Dave, what you said is exactly what my neuro said too: That MS is probably more likely a collection of similar diseases! No one really knows!

Nola

Re: [low dose naltrexone] lowdosenaltroxene.org website claims>>There is also a common knowledge, that 15 % of people who try LDN do >not respond favorably. If you go to www.skipspharmacy.com you will >also find some surveys that Skip and his team have done that show >that LDN does not work for everyone. I'm not sure how long you've >been a member of this group, but most people here know that it does >not work for everyone, and they also know that LDN is not a cure for MS.>>All The Best,>>>...>helpful support groups for people with MS>>LDN_Users & www.ldnusers.org>low dose naltrexone>mscured>TheChronicIllnessCafe>>>MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro>>On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:21 AM, SlackandSteel wrote:>>> The lowdosenaltroxene.org website is an important resource for people>> to learn about LDN, and is commonly recommended that people refer>> their doctors to this site when wanting to get an LDN prescription.>> It's also the first site that comes up when doing a websearch.>>>> That being said, there is information there that would lead one to>> believe that LDN works for just about all people with MS, such as:>>>> "Autoimmune diseases. Within the group of patients who presented with>> an autoimmune disease (see above list), none have failed to respond to>> LDN; all have experienced a halt in progression of their illness. In>> many patients there was a marked remission in signs and symptoms of>> the disease. The greatest number of patients within the autoimmune>> group are people with multiple sclerosis, of whom there are now some>> 400 in Dr. Bihari's practice. Less than 1% of these patients has ever>> experienced a fresh attack of MS while they maintained their regular>> LDN nightly therapy.">>>> A quick read of this discussion group clearly proves the above claims>> untrue. There are many people writing here that have tried LDN and>> have not responded favorably.>>>> I really think it would be in the best interests of eveyone connected>> with LDN if they revised these hyperbolic claims and presented a more>> realistic picture as we know it today. Claims like the above can>> immediately arouse suspicion and can actually do a disservice to the>> cause.>>>> Am I the only one bugged by this?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Art,I agree with you 100%.  How are you feeling now?All The Best, ...helpful support groups for people with MSLDN_Users & www.ldnusers.orglow dose naltrexonemscuredTheChronicIllnessCafeMySpace URL:  http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro  On Aug 25, 2006, at 10:33 PM, Art Hansen wrote: So Artee which one are you?  the 85% or the 15%  why is this so  important?  It all depends on what dosage you happen to be taking. --I've had MS since April 1988 and I've been taking LDN since March 2005. After one month I went to 4.5mgs.I think it's important that what we post is as accurate and as verifiable as possible. Very sick people visit here to find hope and answers and we're the ones who try to provide them. This site and it's members have given me something to look forward to. Possible better health. It's been a long time since I felt well.

Guest guest

>

> Art,

>

> I agree with you 100%. How are you feeling now?

>

> All The Best,

>

>

--

I am trying to follow the diet and supplement program to rid my body

of Candida, if indeed that's what's causing some of my MS problems.

Not easy to do because I crave sugar and carbohydrates. I quit

smoking cigarettes in 1993 so I think I can kick this habit too, or

at least control it better.

My legs are stiff and weak and I'm only able to walk short distances

before tiring out. I also have drop foot on my right side along with

double/blurry vision and what I call " the head feeling " . Spacy,

dizzy, light-headed. LDN has improved my bladder problems somewhat.

I wasn't trying to bust your chops by questioning your 15% comment.

Only asking for verification on your source of information.

Good health to you, my friend.

Artie

Guest guest

Artie

Add virgin coconut oil to your diet (about 3.5 T per day) will help both with the Candida and with the cravings.

www.tropicaltraditions.com is where I get mine.

mjh"The Basil Book"http://foxhillfarm.us/FireBasil/

,I am trying to follow the diet and supplement program to rid my body of Candida, if indeed that's what's causing some of my MS problems. Not easy to do because I crave sugar and carbohydrates. I quit smoking cigarettes in 1993 so I think I can kick this habit too, or at least control it better. My legs are stiff and weak and I'm only able to walk short distances before tiring out. I also have drop foot on my right side along with double/blurry vision and what I call "the head feeling". Spacy, dizzy, light-headed. LDN has improved my bladder problems somewhat. I wasn't trying to bust your chops by questioning your 15% comment. Only asking for verification on your source of information.Good health to you, my friend.Artie

Guest guest

Art,No offense taking.  I can understand wanting to have verification.  I talked with last night and she thinks the 15% figure might come from a survey that was done a while back.  I'll look around and see if I can find something.  I hope LDN works for you.All The Best, ...helpful support groups for people with MSLDN_Users & www.ldnusers.orglow dose naltrexonemscuredTheChronicIllnessCafeMySpace URL:  http://www.myspace.com/jasonvaccaro  On Aug 26, 2006, at 9:31 AM, thawtcrimnl wrote: Art,I agree with you 100%.  How are you feeling now?All The Best, --,I am trying to follow the diet and supplement program to rid my body of Candida, if indeed that's what's causing some of my MS problems. Not easy to do because I crave sugar and carbohydrates. I quit smoking cigarettes in 1993 so I think I can kick this habit too, or at least control it better. My legs are stiff and weak and I'm only able to walk short distances before tiring out. I also have drop foot on my right side along with double/blurry vision and what I call "the head feeling". Spacy, dizzy, light-headed. LDN has improved my bladder problems somewhat. I wasn't trying to bust your chops by questioning your 15% comment. Only asking for verification on your source of information.Good health to you, my friend.Artie

Guest guest

This is my suspicion, you're right, no one knows. This is why we're all so different when it comes to treatments and supplements. Traditional meds give this away. They only help about 30%?!?! I just recently threw away a bunch of supplements and things that did absolutely nothing for me, it was like burning money. I tried them because I noticed they helped others, but did nothing for me. LDN seems to target a broader range of folks, Bihari was so smart to notice a basic similarity with all of these conditions.

Guest guest

This is good for yeast information..actually all at this site are

good. Several mention MS.

The Fungus Among Us: Is It Overgrowth Or Overweight?

Yeast are commonly found in the body but when they overgrow, they

influence every organ system and its function from weight loss

resistance to carbohydrate cravings to brain fog. Learn how

mycotoxins, produced through the yeast lifecycle, affect your ability

to function optimally in everyday life. Learn how to battle these

small but mighty beasts.

Listen to this Seminar

http://www.annlouise.com/alg_audio_seminars.asp

>

> I am trying to follow the diet and supplement program to rid my body

> of Candida, if indeed that's what's causing some of my MS problems.

> Not easy to do because I crave sugar and carbohydrates. I quit

> smoking cigarettes in 1993 so I think I can kick this habit too, or

> at least control it better.

>

> My legs are stiff and weak and I'm only able to walk short distances

> before tiring out. I also have drop foot on my right side along with

> double/blurry vision and what I call " the head feeling " . Spacy,

> dizzy, light-headed. LDN has improved my bladder problems somewhat.

>

> I wasn't trying to bust your chops by questioning your 15% comment.

> Only asking for verification on your source of information.

>

> Good health to you, my friend.

>

> Artie

>