RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Testing & other things

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Connie,

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I know what it's like to have a bad headache. Had a heck of one last week in the hospital. I have some ant-stress cream that smells like mint. I believe it's from Bath and Body Works. I rub that on my forehead and temples after taking my headache pills and it really helps a lot. You might want to try some sometime. What was the spinal tap for? I had one back in 2000 when I had the lesion in my spinal cord. I hope the results are negative. As for the doc saying things will get worse over time, don't let yourself think that. Think positive. Believe it will at least stay the same. I hope you start feeling better.

Hugs! Diane from TX

Testing & other things

Hi Guys,My neurologist had contacted Dr. Stearns and he hadsuggested that my neuro run certain tests to try anddetermine if my sarc has decided to expand it'sterritory to neuro. My insurance didn't have aneuro-sarc on board so my complex case manager foundone. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable. Whenwe finished he went over the results of the tests andtalked to me about them. He let me know things wouldget worse over time, but that I was working around theproblems well right now. He also gave me the name ofa resource to try and help combat the memory problems.I didn't want anything else to be wrong, but I knewsomething was wrong & I couldn't seem to get thedoctors to understand. I can deal with absolutelyanything that is explained to me, I meet it headon andget on with my business. From what I understand rightnow the cognitive testing shows problems with mymemory, my right hand, etc. Hopefully this will givemy neuro what he needs to do something about theproblems I have been having, as they are gettingworse. I am typing this with one beaut of a headache (whichis something I never used to have) and hurting so badin other places I want to be sick. At the present theonly thing they are treating me with is pred and myheart meds. I had the spinal tap about a week or twoago but I don't know the results yet. I go back to myneurologist the 16th for the outcome of everything. My cardiologist had wanted me to come off one of myheart meds, but that was a joke. I tried it for a fewdays and even with the pacemaker my heart went nuts. I went back on my cardizem. Between it and my Coreg Ifunction OK.Well enough griping from my end. I appreciate you allvery much, please take care.....Connie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Connie,

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I know what it's like to have a bad headache. Had a heck of one last week in the hospital. I have some ant-stress cream that smells like mint. I believe it's from Bath and Body Works. I rub that on my forehead and temples after taking my headache pills and it really helps a lot. You might want to try some sometime. What was the spinal tap for? I had one back in 2000 when I had the lesion in my spinal cord. I hope the results are negative. As for the doc saying things will get worse over time, don't let yourself think that. Think positive. Believe it will at least stay the same. I hope you start feeling better.

Hugs! Diane from TX

Testing & other things

Hi Guys,My neurologist had contacted Dr. Stearns and he hadsuggested that my neuro run certain tests to try anddetermine if my sarc has decided to expand it'sterritory to neuro. My insurance didn't have aneuro-sarc on board so my complex case manager foundone. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable. Whenwe finished he went over the results of the tests andtalked to me about them. He let me know things wouldget worse over time, but that I was working around theproblems well right now. He also gave me the name ofa resource to try and help combat the memory problems.I didn't want anything else to be wrong, but I knewsomething was wrong & I couldn't seem to get thedoctors to understand. I can deal with absolutelyanything that is explained to me, I meet it headon andget on with my business. From what I understand rightnow the cognitive testing shows problems with mymemory, my right hand, etc. Hopefully this will givemy neuro what he needs to do something about theproblems I have been having, as they are gettingworse. I am typing this with one beaut of a headache (whichis something I never used to have) and hurting so badin other places I want to be sick. At the present theonly thing they are treating me with is pred and myheart meds. I had the spinal tap about a week or twoago but I don't know the results yet. I go back to myneurologist the 16th for the outcome of everything. My cardiologist had wanted me to come off one of myheart meds, but that was a joke. I tried it for a fewdays and even with the pacemaker my heart went nuts. I went back on my cardizem. Between it and my Coreg Ifunction OK.Well enough griping from my end. I appreciate you allvery much, please take care.....Connie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Connie,

Hugs! Diane from TX

Testing & other things

Guest guest

Just to clear things up! I said I have some ant-stress cream! I meant anti-stress cream! ha-ha. Don't want those ants to be stressed now do we?

Diane in TX

Testing & other things

Guest guest

Thanks so much Diane. The mint cream sounds so nice. The spinal tap was part of the testing to try to make a definitive neurosarc diagnosis so it can be treated. They are looking for inflammation in the spinal fluid I guess. Forgive the negativity, I get a little less positive when I'm tired and hurting, you are very right. Take care topnotch texan.............ConnieDiane Aja wrote: Connie, I'm sorry

you're not feeling well. I know what it's like to have a bad headache. Had a heck of one last week in the hospital. I have some ant-stress cream that smells like mint. I believe it's from Bath and Body Works. I rub that on my forehead and temples after taking my headache pills and it really helps a lot. You might want to try some sometime. What was the spinal tap for? I had one back in 2000 when I had the lesion in my spinal cord. I hope the results are negative. As for the doc saying things will get worse over time, don't let yourself think that. Think positive. Believe it will at least stay the same. I hope you start feeling better. Hugs! Diane from TX Testing & other things Hi Guys,My neurologist had contacted Dr. Stearns and he hadsuggested that my neuro run certain tests to try anddetermine if my sarc has decided to

expand it'sterritory to neuro. My insurance didn't have aneuro-sarc on board so my complex case manager foundone. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable. Whenwe finished he went over the results of the tests andtalked to me about them. He let me know things wouldget worse over time, but that I was working around theproblems well right now. He also gave me the name ofa resource to try and help combat the memory problems.I didn't want anything else to be wrong, but I knewsomething was wrong & I couldn't seem to get thedoctors to understand. I can deal with absolutelyanything that is explained to me, I meet it headon andget on with my business. From what I understand rightnow the cognitive testing shows problems with mymemory, my right hand, etc. Hopefully this will givemy neuro what he needs to do something about theproblems I have been having, as they are gettingworse. I am typing this with

one beaut of a headache (whichis something I never used to have) and hurting so badin other places I want to be sick. At the present theonly thing they are treating me with is pred and myheart meds. I had the spinal tap about a week or twoago but I don't know the results yet. I go back to myneurologist the 16th for the outcome of everything. My cardiologist had wanted me to come off one of myheart meds, but that was a joke. I tried it for a fewdays and even with the pacemaker my heart went nuts. I went back on my cardizem. Between it and my Coreg Ifunction OK.Well enough griping from my end. I appreciate you allvery much, please take care.....Connie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Thanks so much Diane. The mint cream sounds so nice. The spinal tap was part of the testing to try to make a definitive neurosarc diagnosis so it can be treated. They are looking for inflammation in the spinal fluid I guess. Forgive the negativity, I get a little less positive when I'm tired and hurting, you are very right. Take care topnotch texan.............ConnieDiane Aja wrote: Connie, I'm sorry

you're not feeling well. I know what it's like to have a bad headache. Had a heck of one last week in the hospital. I have some ant-stress cream that smells like mint. I believe it's from Bath and Body Works. I rub that on my forehead and temples after taking my headache pills and it really helps a lot. You might want to try some sometime. What was the spinal tap for? I had one back in 2000 when I had the lesion in my spinal cord. I hope the results are negative. As for the doc saying things will get worse over time, don't let yourself think that. Think positive. Believe it will at least stay the same. I hope you start feeling better. Hugs! Diane from TX Testing & other things Hi Guys,My neurologist had contacted Dr. Stearns and he hadsuggested that my neuro run certain tests to try anddetermine if my sarc has decided to

expand it'sterritory to neuro. My insurance didn't have aneuro-sarc on board so my complex case manager foundone. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable. Whenwe finished he went over the results of the tests andtalked to me about them. He let me know things wouldget worse over time, but that I was working around theproblems well right now. He also gave me the name ofa resource to try and help combat the memory problems.I didn't want anything else to be wrong, but I knewsomething was wrong & I couldn't seem to get thedoctors to understand. I can deal with absolutelyanything that is explained to me, I meet it headon andget on with my business. From what I understand rightnow the cognitive testing shows problems with mymemory, my right hand, etc. Hopefully this will givemy neuro what he needs to do something about theproblems I have been having, as they are gettingworse. I am typing this with

one beaut of a headache (whichis something I never used to have) and hurting so badin other places I want to be sick. At the present theonly thing they are treating me with is pred and myheart meds. I had the spinal tap about a week or twoago but I don't know the results yet. I go back to myneurologist the 16th for the outcome of everything. My cardiologist had wanted me to come off one of myheart meds, but that was a joke. I tried it for a fewdays and even with the pacemaker my heart went nuts. I went back on my cardizem. Between it and my Coreg Ifunction OK.Well enough griping from my end. I appreciate you allvery much, please take care.....Connie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Guest guest

Diane,

I wouldn't have noticed if you had not said anything. Great minds

think alike huh?

Terri G.

>

> Just to clear things up! I said I have some ant-stress cream! I meant

anti-stress cream! ha-ha. Don't want those ants to be stressed now do

we?

> Diane in TX

>

> Testing & other things

>

>

> Hi Guys,

>

> My neurologist had contacted Dr. Stearns and he had

> suggested that my neuro run certain tests to try and

> determine if my sarc has decided to expand it's

> territory to neuro. My insurance didn't have a

> neuro-sarc on board so my complex case manager found

> one. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable. When

> we finished he went over the results of the tests and

> talked to me about them. He let me know things would

> get worse over time, but that I was working around the

> problems well right now. He also gave me the name of

> a resource to try and help combat the memory problems.

> I didn't want anything else to be wrong, but I knew

> something was wrong & I couldn't seem to get the

> doctors to understand. I can deal with absolutely

> anything that is explained to me, I meet it headon and

> get on with my business. From what I understand right

> now the cognitive testing shows problems with my

> memory, my right hand, etc. Hopefully this will give

> my neuro what he needs to do something about the

> problems I have been having, as they are getting

> worse.

>

> I am typing this with one beaut of a headache (which

> is something I never used to have) and hurting so bad

> in other places I want to be sick. At the present the

> only thing they are treating me with is pred and my

> heart meds. I had the spinal tap about a week or two

> ago but I don't know the results yet. I go back to my

> neurologist the 16th for the outcome of everything.

>

> My cardiologist had wanted me to come off one of my

> heart meds, but that was a joke. I tried it for a few

> days and even with the pacemaker my heart went nuts.

> I went back on my cardizem. Between it and my Coreg I

> function OK.

>

> Well enough griping from my end. I appreciate you all

> very much, please take care.....Connie

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Diane,

think alike huh?

Terri G.

>

we?

> Diane in TX

>

> Testing & other things

>

>

> Hi Guys,

>

> worse.

>

>

> function OK.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Diane,

think alike huh?

Terri G.

>

we?

> Diane in TX

>

> Testing & other things

>

>

> Hi Guys,

>

> worse.

>

>

> function OK.

>

>

>