RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: High testosterone?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

if im not mistaken, isnt that a symptom of PCOS? Kimmifemifesto wrote: Hey all--My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can any of the hormone "experts" here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it? I know when hormones are low we supplement, but what if they are too high? __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Guys--

I have been told that I have PCOS before, and Dr. Metzger just told me today

that I have it.

I also have high insulin apparently. Though I admit I don't really understand

what it means

other than having acne and extra hair growth. Why does every health problem I

have have

to end in SYNDROME??? But still, what do I do about it? Metzger says gluten

free/low sugar

diet and Glucofage (sp?) for the insulin. Do these things have any effect on my

v pain?

My doc here said I should earn a doctorate for all I've learned since being

sick...I wish it

would get me something other than pain!!

Thanks,

> Hey all--

>

> My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can any of the

hormone

> " experts " here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it? I

know

when

> hormones are low we supplement, but what if they are too high?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Did you see Dr. M before or just do a phone consult? I'm thinking of

trying the gluten-free diet just to see if there is an improvement in

my symptoms. I am just curious, though...has anybody gone through

enterolab not been found to be sensitive to gluten?

Lindsey

> > Hey all--

> >

> > My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can

any of the hormone

> > " experts " here explain to me what this means and what I should do

about it? I know

> when

> > hormones are low we supplement, but what if they are too high?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > __________________________________________________

> >

Guest guest

I have another friend who has PCOS too...and her sister...

that is interesting. It was the first I had heard of the syndrome. I know it must be really expensive to do the hormone panels. When my doc did mine I had been taking DHEA supplements for a couple of months...25 mg...

so I'd love to have the hormone panels done when I'm not taking hormone supplements. I think I might ask her. I've a hunch my levels might be a little low normally.

Re: High testosterone?

Hi Guys--I have been told that I have PCOS before, and Dr. Metzger just told me today that I have it. I also have high insulin apparently. Though I admit I don't really understand what it means other than having acne and extra hair growth. Why does every health problem I have have to end in SYNDROME??? But still, what do I do about it? Metzger says gluten free/low sugar diet and Glucofage (sp?) for the insulin. Do these things have any effect on my v pain?My doc here said I should earn a doctorate for all I've learned since being sick...I wish it would get me something other than pain!!Thanks,> Hey all--> > My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can any of the hormone > "experts" here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it? I know when > hormones are low we supplement, but what if they are too high?> > > > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Hi Jule, Did u get a copy of the results? Do you know if all tests were high (free, total, unbound etc.)?Did your doc not discuss this with you at all - just told you it was high and zilch - no info?femifesto wrote: Hey all--My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can any of the hormone "experts" here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it? I know when hormones are low we supplement, but what if they are too high?**IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, THANKS**Our HOME page is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VulvarDisordersto search our archives, files, articles, etc.***

Guest guest

Hi Jule, Did u get a copy of the results? Do you know if all tests were high (free, total, unbound etc.)?Did your doc not discuss this with you at all - just told you it was high and zilch - no info?femifesto wrote: Hey all--My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can any of the hormone "experts" here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it? I know when hormones are low we supplement, but what if they are too high?**IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, THANKS**Our HOME page is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VulvarDisordersto search our archives, files, articles, etc.***

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Dusty--

I am going to request a copy of the results on Monday. When I get them I will

post what

they are. She mostly was explainging the relationship between insulin and

testosterone/

PCOS, which I am still not so clear on. And she said if I can get my insulin

regulated

(prescribed glucofage), follow a low sugar diet, it will normalize my hormone

levels.

I don't know, I am just wondering if this has any effect on my v pain...if not I

am not that

worried about it.

Do you know anything about women having too much T?

Hey all--

>

hormone

> " experts " here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it? I

know

when

>

>

>

>

>

> **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, THANKS**

>

> Our HOME page is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VulvarDisorders

> to search our archives, files, articles, etc.

>

> ***

Guest guest

Hi Dusty--

post what

testosterone/

regulated

levels.

I don't know, I am just wondering if this has any effect on my v pain...if not I

am not that

worried about it.

Hey all--

>

hormone

know

when

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ***

Guest guest

Hi Dusty--

post what

testosterone/

regulated

levels.

am not that

worried about it.

Hey all--

>

hormone

know

when

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ***

Guest guest

No - I don't know, except for the PCOS - which I don't know a lot about. So, you have high sugar? Doc doesn't want to prescribe T because it causes insulin increase?Did you know you had high sugar (if you have it)? Nerve pain is associatecd with sugar problems - as is frequent yeast.Dustyfemifesto wrote: Hi Dusty--I am going to request a copy of the results on Monday. When I get them I will post what they are. She mostly was explainging the relationship between insulin and testosterone/PCOS, which I am still not so clear on. And she said if I can get my insulin regulated (prescribed glucofage), follow a low sugar diet, it will normalize my hormone levels. I don't know, I am just wondering if this has any effect on my v

pain...if not I am not that worried about it. Do you know anything about women having too much T? Hey all--> > My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can any of the hormone > "experts" here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it? I know when > hormones are low we supplement, but what if they are too high?> > > > > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, THANKS**> > Our HOME page is

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VulvarDisorders> to search our archives, files, articles, etc.> > ***

Guest guest

No - I don't know, except for the PCOS - which I don't know a lot about. So, you have high sugar? Doc doesn't want to prescribe T because it causes insulin increase?Did you know you had high sugar (if you have it)? Nerve pain is associatecd with sugar problems - as is frequent yeast.Dustyfemifesto wrote: Hi Dusty--I am going to request a copy of the results on Monday. When I get them I will post what they are. She mostly was explainging the relationship between insulin and testosterone/PCOS, which I am still not so clear on. And she said if I can get my insulin regulated (prescribed glucofage), follow a low sugar diet, it will normalize my hormone levels. I don't know, I am just wondering if this has any effect on my v

pain...if not I am not that worried about it. Do you know anything about women having too much T? Hey all--> > My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can any of the hormone > "experts" here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it? I know when > hormones are low we supplement, but what if they are too high?> > > > > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, THANKS**> > Our HOME page is

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VulvarDisorders> to search our archives, files, articles, etc.> > ***

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Dusty--

Yes, I have high sugar in addition to high testosterone. She said something

about the

increased insulin causing the glands to produce more hormones than necessary?

She is having me take Glucofage for a few months to kick the sugar down.

Thanks for bringing that up about high sugar and nerve pain. I didn't think of

that.

Always appreciate your comments!

Hey all--

> >

> > My recent blood tests showed that I have high testosterone. Can any of the

hormone

> > " experts " here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it?

I know

> when

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, THANKS**

> >

> > Our HOME page is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VulvarDisorders

> > to search our archives, files, articles, etc.

> >

> > ***

Guest guest

Hi Dusty--

about the

that.

Hey all--

> >

hormone

> > " experts " here explain to me what this means and what I should do about it?

I know

> when

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ***

Guest guest

Hi Dusty--

about the

that.

Hey all--

> >

hormone

I know

> when

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ***