RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Cat's Claw? Contraindications/LDN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Dee, Thanks for the warning. I can see where it will be a problem for me. My doc at the FFC believes in doing lots of things at once to get the body back in balance. So he has me use the compounded HRT cream and also prescribed low dose Cortef and armour thyroid to help balance those hormones. I wonder if Cat's claw would interfere with those. Sounds like it might. I haven't started the Cortef or thyroid med yet. There is another med that is new, another out there theory, about low dose naltrexone. I haven't seen it mentioned here yet but it is being used to treat vulvar pain, fibro, ALS, parkinson's, and MS as well as AIDS and cancer by some docs, certainly not the mainstream docs though. Naltrexone blocks your bodies endorphin receptors and is used for drug addiction/withdrawal. So in theroy at its normal dose it would cause one to feel

more pain since endorphins are our bodies natural feel good chemical. However, when the receptors are blocked the body makes more, so in a low dose if you take it before bed the blocking effects are gone before morning and you are left with more endorphins. Totally experimental but there is amazing anecdotal evidence that it works - of course there is also anecdotal evidence for snake oil!!! The reason I brought up LDN is that my doc prescribed it but my friend who is taking it for v pain said you can't take it with hormone therapy too. Hmm...another worry now. It arrived in the mail yesterday and now I don't know if I should use it. Unfortunately, on stuff like LDN and cat's claw there isn't much research out there so it is hard to tell. I guess one has to balance safety with desperation through dilligent research on one's own. It's a use at your own risk type of thing

once you get outside FDA approval. But then again Rx drugs can be dangerous too. Just my rambling thoughts.... Sandi

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.