RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Fibromyalgia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ginger

cool.. I bet you could sell that DR! Kinda like finding a really good parking space!

Patty

-----Original Message-----From: gehud119@... [mailto:gehud119@...]Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 2:40 PM Subject: [ ] re: fibromyalgiathe neuro Dr. said that he defiantly believes in >Fibromyalgia, myalgia, Just a note to let you know what happened to me yesterday in reference to fibomyalgia. I had an appointment with a podiatrist for treatment of foot pain and ingrown toenails. The nurse did up a chart based on my paperwork and took some x-rays. When the doctor came in, the first thing he addressed was fibro. It seems that he is an expert in the field of treatment of fibro. He showed me several published articles about his work. It has to do with balance in the feet and the electrical system in the body being out of line. he says that he can reduce my pain levels as much as 75%. I am excited! I was given a foot massage and an adjustment of the feet. Then, two nerve blocks were done on each foot. My arches were taped and I return on Tuesday. I will get treatments twice a week for the next four weeks. I will let you all know what happens. He says we will address the complaints I had when I come in next week. Ginger

Guest guest

We have treated many patients over the years with fibromyalgia

Our results have been mixed

We usually combine the therapy with medications and IV therapy

If you want more information please e mail me

Thanks

Ralph Potkin MD

Medical Director

Beverly Hills Center for Hyperbaric Medicine

e mail: htreatment@...

Guest guest

On 12/11/02 9:55 PM, " My Guardian Angel " <cayden@...> wrote:

> My sed. rate is also through the roof.

This is not consistent with fibromyalgia lone. With a high sed rate, you

have systemic inflammation. Fibromyalgia alone is not an acceptable

diagnosis. It's just that simple.

--

Jean

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.

Guest guest

Dr. St. Amand's theory and treatment approach to fibromyalgia explain

constant muscle contractions associated with fibromyalgia lesions caused by

increased intracellular calcium and phosphate levels. You can see his site

(read fibromyalgia for patients) and you can see my site at <A

HREF= " http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN/ " >

www.members.aol.com/SynergyHN</A> . I discuss in several different articles

some

of the factors that seem to interact to cause fibromyalgia. Infections and

allergies seem to also be involved in varying degrees in different patients.

Joyce Waterhouse, Ph.D.

http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN for fibromyalgia, CFS, guaifenesin,

nutrition, food and chemical allergy/sensitivity/intolerance and related

information

Guest guest

Hi! It is my understanding that many believe that Fibromyalgi is

merely a stepping stone to other rheumatic diseases. It is not

uncommon for two or more of the diseases to overlap each other.

Fibromyalgia is mostly diagnosed when there are no lab tests to show

anything else...this is probably why your doctor is not sure about

the diagnosis. Sounds like you have Fibro symptoms but the sed rate

is throwing him off. You may be in the middle of a transition. This

is just my opinion with Fibromyalgia for 5 years.

ML

- In rheumatic , " My Guardian Angel " <cayden@m...>

wrote:

> Hello everybody! I haven't posted in a while but I've been reading

my

> digest emails every other day. Ever since I switched from generic

Mino. to

> brand name Minocin, I have been in the herx from hell. I'm

relieved though

> because now I have definite proof that the generic wasn't working

for me.

> The brand was TEVA, by the way, for those curious about it. The

ranbaxy

> didn't work for me either. Now I'm back on brand Minocin and back

to my old

> peroxide baths, like 2 years ago. I noticed that we have some fibro

> sufferers posting. For those with Fibromyalgia, I have a question

since my

> doc is considering this now. Does fibro cause your muscles to be

really

> tight everywhere, even in your ankles and feet? It's hard to bend

my ankles

> some days and my feet are causing me terrible pain now. Doc says

RA doesn't

> cause this. Any RA sufferers disagree?? Because of this, my rheumy

is

> thinking that maybe I have fibro because my muscles are so tight

and muscle

> relaxers actually do help with the pain. Not common, he said with

RA which

> he previously thought I had. He also thinks I don't have RA

because my

> finger joints don't swell but instead both of my whole hands swell

up and

> feel like they are on fire! My sed. rate is also through the roof.

Still,

> he's not sure its RA because the actual finger joints should be

swollen and

> not the whole hand. As long as he prescribes Minocin, it doesn't

matter to

> me but I would like to know if these things happen with RA or

fibromyalgia??

> I also have finger damage with 3 of my fingers turned towards my

pinky which

> if I am correct, happens only with RA and not Fibro?? I am

starting to

> think he's not very knowledgable about this even if he does belong

to a

> prestigious university. Any thoughts??

> ~Roseanne~

Guest guest

HiI have some FMS and have a bunch of allergies.Naet is working well

with me. I am lucky to have a good pratitioner who trained in CA

where the original trainling was given and still is.

Look into it as it helps take the load off the immune system making

the AP much more effective.( naet.com)

marge

> Dr. St. Amand's theory and treatment approach to fibromyalgia

explain

> constant muscle contractions associated with fibromyalgia lesions

caused by

> increased intracellular calcium and phosphate levels. You can see

his site

> (read fibromyalgia for patients) and you can see my site at <A

HREF= " http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN/ " >

> www.members.aol.com/SynergyHN</A> . I discuss in several different

articles some

> of the factors that seem to interact to cause fibromyalgia.

Infections and

> allergies seem to also be involved in varying degrees in different

patients.

>

> Joyce Waterhouse, Ph.D.

> http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN for fibromyalgia, CFS,

guaifenesin,

> nutrition, food and chemical allergy/sensitivity/intolerance and

related

> information

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Joyce,

Here's an interesting connection. Nanobacteria infections are associated

with calcium deposits. See for example

http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/cond/C637473.html

Sincerely, Harald

At 12:07 PM 12/12/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Dr. St. Amand's theory and treatment approach to fibromyalgia explain

>constant muscle contractions associated with fibromyalgia lesions caused

>by increased intracellular calcium and phosphate levels. You can see his

>site (read fibromyalgia for patients) and you can see my site at

>http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN. I discuss in several different articles

>some of the factors that seem to interact to cause

>fibromyalgia. Infections and allergies seem to also be involved in

>varying degrees in different patients.

>

>Joyce Waterhouse, Ph.D.

>http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN for fibromyalgia, CFS, guaifenesin,

>nutrition, food and chemical allergy/sensitivity/intolerance and related

>information

Guest guest

Hi Roseanne,

There's an article at rheumatic.org/fibro.htm which describes one

person's successful approach to fibromyalgia. Hope some of the ideas

there might help you.

Chris.

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 04:02 AM, My Guardian Angel wrote:

> Hello group! I was just wondering how many people we have with

> Fibromyalgia? Also has the antibiotic protocol helped somebody here

> with

> Fibro? My doc thinks I have fibro along with RA so I am wondering if

> the AP

> will help the fibro too. I know that RA can cause muscle soreness too

> so can

> anybody with fibro tell me how your muscles feel. I'm trying to figure

> out

> what's RA and what is Fibro when I feel muscle pain. Thanks =0)

> *Roseanne*

>

>

> To unsubscribe, email: rheumatic-unsubscribeegroups

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi-I have a lot of back pain, H-rods, etc. but am reading w/ interest the latest postings related to Fibro., particularly as it pertains to lack of sleep. What exactly is the 'Guaifenisen protocol'? I have symptoms that SOUND as if they're releated to Fibro. but haven't had a chance to ask a Dr. about it yet. I have taken Guaifen (I'm guessing there's only one kind of med referred to for the term Guaifen/Guaifenisen) for a long time to control allergies, but if it's supposed to help Fibro, maybe I'm looking at something else...because I have only slept 5 to 6 hours at a time for about 4 or 5 years. Since I hurt my back in Jan. this year, I can only sleep 2 to 3 hours at a time from the pain and the loud 'popping' sounds that wake me up. Can you fill me in a little bit on what Guaifen is supposed to do for this? Thanks. Donna

Guest guest

Hi All

I am desperate for time but I thought I'd better answer this since nobody else is responding.

Quoting Dr. Small' notes at the Xcaret QX Conference April 2003:

The Sycotic Miasm

When samuel Hahnemann discovered three of the six miasms 200 years ago, he observed that many people who had infectious gonorrhea also developed small warts all over their body. So he named this miasm "sycotic" meaning "fig wart". Though he pronounced the same as "psychotic", it is not related to nor does it mean the same as the word.

This is the main miasm responsible for rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, herpes, impotence, and sterility problems. Because of this miasm's ability to create arthritis, you may notice some muscle stiffness with swelling of the joints, particularly the hands and ankles. It may give rise to some shortness of breath, stitching pains in the chest, or even upset stomach. Sometimes there is weakness while walking and you may feel lightheaded or faint.

Sycotic produces a skeptical, non-believer style of thinking. People with strong sycotic miasm are very hard to convince, for example that a new medicine or a different viewpoint may be beneficial for them or that their life will ever improve. They are sullen, irritable and fixed in their ideas. It also shares a manic depression quality that is similarly found in the polio miasm. For instance, for a couple of days you may feel on top of the world and later a deep depression may follow. The sycotic depression carries with ita tiredness bordering exhaustion.. In fact, one Materia Medica refers to the psycotic condition as a "state of collapse". Other symptoms include:

Forgetfulness - Dullness - Talkativeness - Manipulative

Suspicious (paranoid) - Anger - Fear of dark - Rebellious

Panic attacks - Nausea - Headaches - Sore throats

Runny nose - Canker sores in the mouth - Nose bleeds

Chronic diarrhoea

Unquote!

May I just say that:

1. There is a tremendous overlap between fibromyalgia and CFS - therefore check on CFS as well.

2. Fibromyalgia has many facets as has been pointed out but the main cause of the pain is low levels of serotonin - causing sensation of pain to be greatly exaggerated. Therefore ccheck on QX and recommend a programme to raise serotonin levels (look at gut since over 90% of serotonin is produced in gut, also ileocaecal valve if weak will let bad bacteria to go up small intestine and steal tryptophan - a precursor of serotonin, yeasts/fungi, improve quality of sleep, exposure to broad spectrum daylight - sun on pineal gland to produce serotonin in the brain, adequate magnesium levels, St 's wort, etc.)

Must dash. Keep well and see some of you on Sunday at the Homotoxicology seminar. Azizah

Guest guest

dear azizah,

i was always asking myself: what is the reason for the serotonin levels to be so low in fibromyalgia patients? it can also show on the qxci, that tryptophan is deficient. tryptophan is necessary for serotonin production, as we know.

the same thing is happening for depressive people, and especially those, who have high mercury/heavy metal readings.

serotonin is being peroduced in the lymphatic tissue around the gut, right? tryptophan can only be made from protein, since it is an amino acid. therefore, the protein digestion should be low.

and serotonin is a transmitter, but the nerves cannot function properly, because there´s heavy metal molecules stuck in their "tubes" somewhere.

so as always, it might be a whole range of things, that come together for fibromyalgia patients.

and what might be the secret of the "substance p"??? i have not found an answer yet.

malic acid (in combination with magnesium) seems to help them in some way. why exactly, i don´t know.

i also find it very important to give them the feeling, that they are being taken seriously, when they say, they are in pain. because they are.... constantly. one could say, that their edge of feeling pain is simply much lower than in other people. a fibromyalgia patient can feel pain, when slightly touched. people around them quite often call them hypochondriacs, but they´re not. THEY ARE IN PAIN due to the low level of serotonin.

....just some more thoughts on fibromyalgia.

marlene

Re: Fibromyalgia

Hi All I am desperate for time but I thought I'd better answer this since nobody else is responding. Quoting Dr. Small' notes at the Xcaret QX Conference April 2003:

The Sycotic Miasm

When samuel Hahnemann discovered three of the six miasms 200 years ago, he observed that many people who had infectious gonorrhea also developed small warts all over their body. So he named this miasm "sycotic" meaning "fig wart". Though he pronounced the same as "psychotic", it is not related to nor does it mean the same as the word. This is the main miasm responsible for rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, herpes, impotence, and sterility problems. Because of this miasm's ability to create arthritis, you may notice some muscle stiffness with swelling of the joints, particularly the hands and ankles. It may give rise to some shortness of breath, stitching pains in the chest, or even upset stomach. Sometimes there is weakness while walking and you may feel lightheaded or faint. Sycotic produces a skeptical, non-believer style of thinking. People with strong sycotic miasm are very hard to convince, for example that a new medicine or a different viewpoint may be beneficial for them or that their life will ever improve. They are sullen, irritable and fixed in their ideas. It also shares a manic depression quality that is similarly found in the polio miasm. For instance, for a couple of days you may feel on top of the world and later a deep depression may follow. The sycotic depression carries with ita tiredness bordering exhaustion.. In fact, one Materia Medica refers to the psycotic condition as a "state of collapse". Other symptoms include:

Forgetfulness - Dullness - Talkativeness - Manipulative Suspicious (paranoid) - Anger - Fear of dark - Rebellious Panic attacks - Nausea - Headaches - Sore throats Runny nose - Canker sores in the mouth - Nose bleeds Chronic diarrhoea

Unquote! May I just say that: 1. There is a tremendous overlap between fibromyalgia and CFS - therefore check on CFS as well. 2. Fibromyalgia has many facets as has been pointed out but the main cause of the pain is low levels of serotonin - causing sensation of pain to be greatly exaggerated. Therefore ccheck on QX and recommend a programme to raise serotonin levels (look at gut since over 90% of serotonin is produced in gut, also ileocaecal valve if weak will let bad bacteria to go up small intestine and steal tryptophan - a precursor of serotonin, yeasts/fungi, improve quality of sleep, exposure to broad spectrum daylight - sun on pineal gland to produce serotonin in the brain, adequate magnesium levels, St 's wort, etc.) Must dash. Keep well and see some of you on Sunday at the Homotoxicology seminar. Azizah

Guest guest

Low serotonin is not the only cause of pain in FM. One also needs to look at minerals especially magnesium and FM patient's emotional profile.

Castiglia

Guest guest

Hi

Good to meet you on Sunday and for your participation and thanks for making the effort.

5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is converted to serotonin - a useful supplement for fibromyalgia tor aise serotonin levels.

Magnesium is very useful because Mg is involved in many cellular functions, including energy production, protein formation & cellular eplication - involved in as many as 300 enzymatic reactions. Many people with fibromyalgia are found to be low in Mg - also in diabetics (because of high insulin). Mg is also a relaxant and many with fibromyalgia have poor sleep patterns because of low serotonin, since serotonin is a presursor of melatonin and you need melatonin for sleep.

"Substance P" is a neuropeptide found in sensory neurons, spinal cord pathways and parts of brain associated with pain. Therefore it stimulates the perception of pain when it's released. Neuropeptides endorphins (concentrated in the pituitary gland) and enkephalins (concentrated in thalamus, hypothalamus, parts of limbic system and spinal cord pathways that relay pain impulses) inhibit pain impulses by suppressing the release of substance P.

So lots of problems and that's the reason why fibromyalgia and CFS are so difficult to deal with - often complicated with candida, digestive problems and low immune.

Keep well, azizah

Guest guest

Cathie there is a test of sorts that they can give you to determine fibromyalga but not all people with it are "typical" so the test isn't always accurate. If you do have this getting the proper medication can make you feel alot better.

the WV hillbilly

Guest guest

Regarding fibromyalgia,

I have read some successfull story on it on Synthovial 7

The information is on website www.coral1.com

J.P.Lavoie

Fibromyalgia

Dear QXCI practitioners,

Is there anyone out there who have successfully treated Fibromyalgia or, is

there a particular protocal for this disorder?

Thank you in advance.

Pintki

Guest guest

Fibromyalgia is link to immune system malfunction. It is important to

re-balance the immune system. There is a food supplement called Immune26

that can help to promote and balance the immune system.

BioChoice® Immune26 and Immune26 Support contain pure EgcelT, an active and

exclusive ingredient that holds 100 worldwide patents. It is an all-natural

egg power based on hyperimmune egg technology that took more than 20 years

and US$50 million in research and development. Below is some of the extract

from their website:

Supporting Facts About BioChoice® Immune26:

· With over 100 patents worldwide, worth US$35 million;

· Proven Clinical Trials at Harvard Medical School, New York Special

Surgery Hospital, Beth Israel Hospital, US Army and India JJ Hospital;

· Listed in the Physicians' Desk Reference (PDR) - a reference used

by 98% of the US medical professionals;

· Hundreds of medical professionals have endorsed the use of

BioChoice Immune26 and rated the results as " Amazing " ;

· ABC News Called it " Working Miracle " ;

· Testimonials after Testimonials after Testimonials - BioChoice

Immune26 speaks for itself and sells by itself.

Upon oral administration, BioChoice's specific immunoglobulins and

immunomodulatory factors are passively transferred. Clinical trials

(double-blind placebo controlled and open label pilot studies) prove that

BioChoice Immune 26 supports and balances the immune system. BioChoice® has

the following documented structure and function claims:

· Balances and supports the immune system

· Helps the body modulate autoimmune responses

· Helps maintain digestive tract health

· Helps maintain flexible and healthy joints

· Helps maintain cardiovascular function, a healthy circulatory

system and healthy levels of cholesterol

· Helps increase energy levels

For more details, please visit

http://www.legacyforlife.net/home.aspx?site=Lau & Culture=en-us .

Unfortunately, online order via the website is only accepted from residents

in US and Canada. Order from other area has to be made by fax or e-mail.

Please contact me privately by e-mail if you want me to send you you an

order form.

Regards,

K.L. Lau from Hong Kong

Fibromyalgia

Dear QXCI practitioners,

Is there anyone out there who have successfully treated Fibromyalgia or, is

there a particular protocal for this disorder?

Thank you in advance.

Pintki

Guest guest

Do whatever the QX tells you to do, and donot miss the button on the Music therapy/timed treatments page: on the bottom part of the gray page there is the button: treat fibrositis. Use that one ! Of course, this is another fungal / chronic fatigue issue, so treat that as well. Noel

Fibromyalgia

Dear QXCI practitioners,Is there anyone out there who have successfully treated Fibromyalgia or, isthere a particular protocal for this disorder?Thank you in advance.Pintki............................................

Guest guest

Surprising but it really is not a difficult "dis-ease" to work on and have great quick success. Remember Fibromyalgia is not necessarily a disease but a symptom of disorders in the body. Kind of a last chance warning the body goes through. If you work on this person, the areas of concern which happened last (usually fibro symptoms) are usually the first to go away. The problem is that they now feel better and so think they are better! Now you have to get them to understand SOMETHING ELSE caused them to get this sick. Think of Fibro and MS both as being the new 'catch all' dis-eases.

Yours in Health,

Kathy Pintki Murray <pintki@...> wrote:

Dear QXCI practitioners,Is there anyone out there who have successfully treated Fibromyalgia or, isthere a particular protocal for this disorder?Thank you in advance.Pintki............................................

Guest guest

I went to my Rhumatologist a couple of months ago in tears. He strongly

encouraged me to try Lexapro. I was not interested due to my nightmares with

Paxil, Effexor and Celexa. But I told him that I would try it. It has helped

immensely.

What has really helped my pain is going to a thyroid specialist. I have to

tell you that I am hypothyroid. Once that was adjusted my pain subsided quite

a bit. I still have flair ups when I am extremely stressed about something,

but it is nothing like it used to be.

The only thing that really helps the flu like pain is hot baths and scaling

back on my agenda that day. Stress is a big trigger for me. I have to watch

it.

After the first of the year I will be going to a pain management clinic to

learn biofeedback and other methods of pain management. I am looking forward to

the help in finding more relief.

Denniston

Guest guest

All three of my rheumatologists, one of whom is a Professor of Rheumatology

at the School of Medicine at Ottawa University and is considered to be the

foremost expert on arthritis in Canada, told me that fibromyalgia is not related

to arthritis, although many arthritis patients suffer from fibromyalgia, there

are many more people who do not have arthritis that suffer from fibromyalgia.

Some of the more recent research is exploring whether or not fibromyalgia is

related to tic dolereaux which is also known by another name which I now

forget, trigermal something or other.

Guest guest

All three of my rheumatologists, one of whom is a Professor of Rheumatology

at the School of Medicine at Ottawa University and is considered to be the

foremost expert on arthritis in Canada, told me that fibromyalgia is not related

to arthritis, although many arthritis patients suffer from fibromyalgia, there

are many more people who do not have arthritis that suffer from fibromyalgia. 

related to tic dolereaux which is also known by another name which I now

forget, trigermal something or other.  Tic Dolereux is considered to be one of

the

most painful diseases that exists. There are some that say that next cancer,

it is the most painful disease that exists. Apologies for the double post, my

fingers shake, it's their way of telling me, hey you have typed enough for

one day, we are going on strike. Back to work minions!! Matt

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/29/2004 1:04:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,

thomaslambirth@... writes:

Now I don't know it if would be worth the trouble especially since I do not

live in Augusta, it is about 90 minutes away though.

If you can travel those 90 minutes, it may well be worth it.

All of Adrienne's doctors are in Seattle. When she lived at home, that meant

everything was 90 minutes to 2 hours away, depending on traffic, ferrys, time

of day etc.

I do not in any way regret making the treks to Seattle for her care. So...if

you have doctors you wish to see... 90 minutes away... I vote to 'go for it'

:)

K

Adrienne's Mom

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/29/2004 8:20:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,

supermattvan@... writes: