RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Doctor visit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MB...thanks for the update. Seems as thought there is always something to deal with, wait for, or tolerate doesn't it?

I'm anxious to see my Dr. for another full workup on the 1st.

Love, Sher ipf 5-06

"Don't worry about tomorrow, God is already there"

Doctor visit

Happy Friday evening everyone!

Just thought I'd report in on my app't yesterday with my pulmo. All in all, everything is pretty good. He decreased my prednisone to 15 mg so that's great! He ordered another HRCT for me to monitor where I am. (He says he likes to do them twice a year and it's been 6 months already!) He'll order another PFT in a couple of months.

The main thing I wanted to discuss with him is this miserable coughing after meals. As I expected he wants me to see a gastroenterologist. He gave me a referral and I see that doctor this coming Tuesday. He actually doesn't think it's GERD or aspiration but he thinks I might have fungal esophagitis. Lovely... a possibility I hadn't considered. It's treatable with Diflucan but the difficulty is it's normally diagnosed by scope and that presents a problem for me. I don't do well with sedation, (just ask the anesthesiologist who was with me during my lung biopsy.) and any kind of scope procedure they would use would require sedation. So I'm going to present him with a dilemna. My sister the doctor thinks he might just treat it with the diflucan and if it works then we know that's what it was and if it doesn't then we go from there. My pulmo really thinks that's what it is because I've had oral thrush 3 or 4 times since I've been on the prednisone. It doesn't take much imagination to think the infection spread down the esophagus especially in an immune suppressed individual.

So that's the news from here. Not much really. I've been feeling a bit better. I think the Zoloft is starting to kick in a somewhat but it's only been 5 weeks so it's hard to say for sure.

Hope everyone is well and we all have a great weekend!

Beth Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Don't try to explain it, just nod your head.

Breathe in, breathe out. Move on. J. Buffett