RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Ouch, chest pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Have you asked your doc, Joy??? That pain could come from pneumonia, heart, pleuisy, cracked ribs (yes, that is common if you cough hard). I even have chest pain when my oxygen gets low.....like today when it was pulled loose and I didn't know it until I got into real trouble. Pain was part of that. Call him and describe the pain. You shouldn't resign yourself to suffering. It sounds awful. Get better!

Hugs, Joyce PF 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 INDIANA >> The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My > chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right > away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn. > I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this? > Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6>

Guest guest

joy

sounds like you need to contact your doctor or the er

chest pain sounds serious to me

pink joyce

>

> The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My

> chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right

> away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn.

> I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this?

> Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6

>

Guest guest

YUp, asked him a few months ago. He said not related. Then another time he said that the feeling like pneumonia - he said that the fibrosis causes that feeling 'cause it's taking up space on my lung. Heck, I don't know. It hurts every day - and mostly at night worse. I plan on asking him. I, too, feel it's like low o2....will let you know when I ask. I have an appt early Feb. Thanks for your comments. Joy 3/6Joyce wrote: Have you asked your doc, Joy??? That pain could come from pneumonia, heart, pleuisy, cracked ribs (yes, that is common if you cough hard). I even have chest pain when my oxygen gets low.....like today when it was pulled loose and I didn't know it until I got into real trouble. Pain was part of that. Call him and describe the pain. You shouldn't resign yourself to suffering. It sounds awful. Get better! Hugs, Joyce PF 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 INDIANA >> The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My > chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right > away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn. > I am not on Predn.

either! Anyone else have chest pain like this? > Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6> Joy (IPF 3/06) Today is a gift for each of us. Enjoy it.

Guest guest

Hi Joyce. I've had my heart all checked out a year ago. They thought I had a heart attack...but, no - come to find out it was IPF. Anyway, I know it's not my heart - I feel it's in the lungs. It's like a constant ache? JOyJoyce wrote: joysounds like you need to contact your doctor or the erchest pain sounds serious to mepink joyce>> The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My> chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right> away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn.> I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this?> Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6>Joy (IPF 3/06) Today is a gift for each of us. Enjoy it.

Guest guest

Hi Joy, sorry to hear about your pain. I have chest and rib pain that has felt like a heart attack for a couple of years now. Mine is called costochondritis. It is often worse when I'm fatiuged, feeling low of o2, even though my stats are 97/98. Mine is pretty chronic. For others it can go as swiftly as it has come on. Its worse at night time and early a.m. At first they thought it was a heart attack, costo seems to mimic the symptoms.

Costochondritis affects the junction between the ribs and the chest bone, also called the sternum. 7 bits of cartilage attach your ribs to your sternum, and costochondiritis causes this cartilage to become inflamed and sore. If you have costochondiritis, you will be able to feel pain upon movement of your upper torso or when you touch your ribs. Most commonly, pain is felt on the left side of your chest, though chest pains on the right side, or even on both sides, can occur.

It is an inflammation of the cartilage that joins the ribs to the chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall. The pain of costochondritis often mimics the pain of cardiac problems, including heart attacks and stroke. This can be quite scary for some sufferers; however, costochondiritis rarely causes any physical complications.

Also, do you have fibromyalgia? The two arent always connected, but up to 70% of people suffering from fibro also have to deal with costo "flares" at one time or another. Hope this helps.

LynnA

>> The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My > chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right > away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn. > I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this? > Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6>

Guest guest

I cant say what I have is chest Pain, but rather discomfort. I have a feeling of heaviness moistness like I am coming down with a chest cold but havent started coughing yet. Not sure what that is unless it is just the mucous build up. Sometimes it feels a little achy but not so bad I need medicine for it. Guess that doesnt help much but thats what I feel anyway. I do know though that anxiety can cause one to feel achiness in the chest similar to "heartache" when one is very upset and crying. It is a referred pain caused from emotional upset. Carolynjoynoel3208 wrote: The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda

withdrawn. I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this? Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6

Guest guest

Hi Lynn.....thank you for your very informative email! I keep thinking it feels more like pneumonia - pressure on the lungs. I emailed my doc, so we'll see...Joyarmede wrote: Hi Joy, sorry to hear about your pain. I have chest and rib pain that has felt like a heart attack for a couple of years now. Mine is called costochondritis. It is often worse when I'm fatiuged, feeling low of o2, even though my stats are 97/98. Mine is pretty

chronic. For others it can go as swiftly as it has come on. Its worse at night time and early a.m. At first they thought it was a heart attack, costo seems to mimic the symptoms. Costochondritis affects the junction between the ribs and the chest bone, also called the sternum. 7 bits of cartilage attach your ribs to your sternum, and costochondiritis causes this cartilage to become inflamed and sore. If you have costochondiritis, you will be able to feel pain upon movement of your upper torso or when you touch your ribs. Most commonly, pain is felt on the left side of your chest, though chest pains on the right side, or even on both sides, can occur. It is an inflammation of the cartilage that joins the ribs to the chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall. The pain of costochondritis often mimics the pain of cardiac problems, including heart attacks and stroke. This can be quite scary for some sufferers; however, costochondiritis rarely causes any physical complications. Also, do you have fibromyalgia? The two arent always connected, but up to 70% of people suffering from fibro also have to deal with costo "flares" at one time or another. Hope this helps. LynnA >> The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My > chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right > away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn. > I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this? > Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6> Joy (IPF 3/06) Today is a gift for each of us. Enjoy it.

Guest guest

Another disease i never heard of! Where do they all come from? I don't

even know if i could pronounce costochondritis.

pink joyce

> >

> > The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My

> > chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right

> > away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn.

> > I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this?

> > Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6

> >

>

Guest guest

>

> The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My

> chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right

> away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn.

> I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this?

> Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6

>

To Lynn A: Thank you for explaining that condo????? pain in the chest

and ribs. I have been plagued with it for over 6 mos. It really does

feel like it could be a heart problem, but I had that checked out and

I'm OK. Girl, once again you have brought me light and life. Thanks

to so many on the board. Keep on " truckin " gals. I find that if I can

go on autopilot, God will do the rest. Loving you all, Gale in TX

Guest guest

You are very welcome Gale. I'm glad I could help, I'm even glader that your heart is alright. LynnA

> >> > The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My > > chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right > > away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn. > > I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this? > > Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6> >> To Lynn A: Thank you for explaining that condo????? pain in the chest > and ribs. I have been plagued with it for over 6 mos. It really does > feel like it could be a heart problem, but I had that checked out and > I'm OK. Girl, once again you have brought me light and life. Thanks > to so many on the board. Keep on "truckin" gals. I find that if I can > go on autopilot, God will do the rest. Loving you all, Gale in TX>

Guest guest

You are very welcome Joy, and I hope you feel better soon.

LynnA> >> > The past few nights have been sorta difficult and depressing. My > > chest has been hurting alot lately - and I can't get to sleep right > > away because I worry about my pain. I've also been kinda withdrawn. > > I am not on Predn. either! Anyone else have chest pain like this? > > Feels very sharp and dull , and heavy...Joy ipf 3/6> >> > > > > > > Joy > (IPF 3/06)> Today is a gift for each> of us. Enjoy it.>