RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: cramping

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gordon; Joy and other muscle cramp sufferers; I see a pattern here with all of us. Because of the pain in my left shoulder and arm, plus the pains in my chest.. I am scheduled for a heart cath test 8am tomorrow. I don't think I'm scared.. I just want answers. But, I will ask my pulm about all this when I see him in Feb. We should all report this to our docs and get them to look into it. I don't want to take pain meds.. but, it hurts like heck... all the time!!I'm not on oxygen yet.. but, maybe I need it. It would be interesting to see if I would ease the shoulder pain. Let me know what you find out.. love, love, love;; Gale in TX

Guest guest

Oh Leanne, I know that hurt. I get hurt spots when I hear someone gets hurt.. Crazy huh.

I hope you didn't break anything. Feel better soon.

Love and Prayers, Peggy 9/04 ipf Florida

I also have periodic cramping in my right shoulder. Right now it's pretty bad, but it could be because I face planted the other day. Skidded right on the durn sidewalk. My dog comes up to me and starts licking me in the face! My doc gave me some pain medication that I take - it starts with a P and it seems to help.

Leanne uip 1/03

debra Beck wrote:

Ladies;

I too had cramping in my left shoulder, it eventually went into my forearm. I found out I had a pinched nerve in my neck. They gave me a shot in the neck and it went away. It seems to be coming back. Something to check out.

Gordon ipf/u

Joy, I also have cramping in my left shoulder. Physical therapy isn't

helping much. Can I blame it on the " monster " ? I take Skelaxin and

Ultracet for the cramping.. prescribed by a neurologist.. he only found

carpal tunnel when he tested me, but gives me the meds and therapy. I

only take them from time to time. I can see where lack of o2 could be

a cause. Yikes!!! Is it all one big IPF monster or lots of little

bugs eating away at my poor old body? Bad part is, I look healthy as a

horse and 10 years younger than I am... I get NO SYMPATHY! You

understand I'm sure. Thanks for opening this door of understanding for

me.. Love and Peace to all on the board.. Gale in TX

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.430 / Virus Database: 268.14.19/556 - Release Date: 11/28/2006 3:22 PM

Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited. <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>

Guest guest

When muscles work they need carbohydrates and fat and oxygen. If they don't have enough oxygen then they produce Lactic Acid while burning up the carbohydrates and fats. The Lactic Acid builds up in the muscle tissue and that is what causes the cramps. So yes, you need oxygen. That is why runners often have cramps after their run, because they cannot get enough oxygen in fast enough to prevent the build up of Lactic Acid.

Carolyn

Carolyn Merritt

One more day of life to praise Jehovah

www.watchtower.org

Desquamative Interstitial Pneumonitis

Diagnosed by Biopsy 9/06

-- Re: cramping

HEY, all you medical people out there (or those who could qualify as medical experts because of all thier research)...

.....is it possible or even probable that our leg, feet and hand cramping is due to oxygen shortage. I know it can cause the large muscles to hurt.

??? Joyce >> Gordon; Joy and other muscle cramp sufferers; I see a pattern here with all > of us. Because of the pain in my left shoulder and arm, plus the pains in > my chest.. I am scheduled for a heart cath test 8am tomorrow. I don't think > I'm scared.. I just want answers. But, I will ask my pulm about all this when > I see him in Feb. We should all report this to our docs and get them to > look into it. I don't want to take pain meds.. but, it hurts like heck... all > the time!!I'm not on oxygen yet.. but, maybe I need it. It would be > interesting to see if I would ease the shoulder pain. Let me know what you find out.. > love, love, love;; Gale in TX>

Guest guest

Oh how sweet your little doggie wanted to make your boo boo all better by kissing it. Sorry, but when it comes to dogs, I start talking baby talk. Uhhhmm! I am ok now.

Sorry about the fall.

Caroly

Carolyn Merritt

One more day of life to praise Jehovah

www.watchtower.org

Desquamative Interstitial Pneumonitis

Diagnosed by Biopsy 9/06

-- Re: cramping

I also have periodic cramping in my right shoulder. Right now it's pretty bad, but it could be because I face planted the other day. Skidded right on the durn sidewalk. My dog comes up to me and starts licking me in the face! My doc gave me some pain medication that I take - it starts with a P and it seems to help.

Leanne uip 1/03debra Beck wrote:

Ladies;

I too had cramping in my left shoulder, it eventually went into my forearm. I found out I had a pinched nerve in my neck. They gave me a shot in the neck and it went away. It seems to be coming back. Something to check out.

Gordon ipf/uip 12/03

cramping

Joy, I also have cramping in my left shoulder. Physical therapy isn't helping much. Can I blame it on the "monster"? I take Skelaxin and Ultracet for the cramping.. prescribed by a neurologist.. he only found carpal tunnel when he tested me, but gives me the meds and therapy. I only take them from time to time. I can see where lack of o2 could be a cause. Yikes!!! Is it all one big IPF monster or lots of little bugs eating away at my poor old body? Bad part is, I look healthy as a horse and 10 years younger than I am... I get NO SYMPATHY! You understand I'm sure. Thanks for opening this door of understanding for me.. Love and Peace to all on the board.. Gale in TX

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.430 / Virus Database: 268.14.19/556 - Release Date: 11/28/2006 3:22 PM

Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.

Guest guest

Joyce.. Thanks for your concern and advice. Angioplasty went fine.. no stints, etc. I was told to take it easy so that the hole in my groin would heal... if the little plug (scab) pops out, I could have serious bleeding. However, it makes sense to me that movement would help prevent clots. I told my husband that it would be dangerous for me to cook, do dishes or laundry or take out the garbage for weeks; HUH, right Joyce. He is so worried about me that I may get away with it. HUGS Gale in TX

Guest guest

Leanne, I hope you're feeling better today. An old expression, "Bloom where you are planted" didn't mean in the sidewalk!

Sher ipf 5-06

"Don't worry about tomorrow, God is already there"

Re: cramping

Oh Leanne, I know that hurt. I get hurt spots when I hear someone gets hurt.. Crazy huh.I hope you didn't break anything. Feel better soon.Love and Prayers, Peggy 9/04 ipf Florida

I also have periodic cramping in my right shoulder. Right now it's pretty bad, but it could be because I face planted the other day. Skidded right on the durn sidewalk. My dog comes up to me and starts licking me in the face! My doc gave me some pain medication that I take - it starts with a P and it seems to help. Leanne uip 1/03debra Beck <mydeb54wowway> wrote:

Ladies; I too had cramping in my left shoulder, it eventually went into my forearm. I found out I had a pinched nerve in my neck. They gave me a shot in the neck and it went away. It seems to be coming back. Something to check out. Gordon ipf/u Joy, I also have cramping in my left shoulder. Physical therapy isn't helping much. Can I blame it on the "monster"? I take Skelaxin and Ultracet for the cramping.. prescribed by a neurologist.. he only found carpal tunnel when he tested me, but gives me the meds and therapy. I only take them from time to time. I can see where lack of o2 could be a cause. Yikes!!! Is it all one big IPF monster or lots of little bugs eating away at my poor old body? Bad part is, I look healthy as a horse and 10 years younger than I am... I get NO SYMPATHY! You understand I'm sure. Thanks for opening this door of understanding for me.. Love and Peace to all on the board.. Gale in TX

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.430 / Virus Database: 268.14.19/556 - Release Date: 11/28/2006 3:22 PM

Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited. <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>