RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

thyroiditis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would ask the doc about two increases in your hydrocortisone: a small longterm increase and a larger temporary increase to deal with the current inflammation. I would also ask to be evaluated for a hot/autonomous nodule. You could actually be hyper from time to time. Or you could be having hyper-like symptoms due to possible low cortisol. Yes. Thyroidectomy is occasionally done due to thyroiditis. I would consider it to be a last resort, however. It does work, because, without a thyroid gland, you cannot have thyroiditis. In the case of an autonomous nodule, I am told that thyroidectomy is the only treatment. sle816@... wrote: I am almost certain now that I am having a bout of thyroidits. MY thyroid is swollen and inflammed and I am experiencing the same hyper symptoms I have when I've had it before. I started taking Alleve today and it improved significantly -bummer! I hate takiing that stuff, but it does provide relief. Any other suggestions? Thanks Steph

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.

Guest guest

I didn't take th e Alleve tonight just to see and the hyper symptoms came back. I read about autonomous nodule. Could that be it? I have a couple of nodules but last year when they did a sonogram they were very very small almost unable to find them.

steph

Guest guest

I think I am going to get in to see Dr. Ozan on Monday. He is in Boerne at WellMed and I know they can probably take me. They rae also on my insurance.

steph

Guest guest

If the nodules are growing, that could account for the pain. I do not understand the connection between not taking the Alleve and having the hyper symptoms come back. Please see the doc as soon as he can get you in.sle816@... wrote: I didn't take th e Alleve tonight just to see and the hyper symptoms came back. I read about autonomous nodule. Could that be it? I have a couple of nodules but last year when they did a sonogram they were very very small almost unable to find them. steph __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I am not sure how an autonomous nodule is detected or diagnosed.sle816@... wrote: I am much much better on the alleve - no hyper symptoms really - I felt good today for the first time in about 2 1/2 weeks. what is an autonomous nodule? Can they tell if it is even when It's not inflammed??? thanks steph __________________________________________________

Guest guest

My only thought is Aleve is an anti-inflammatory and could help some that way. But I agree a doc visit ASAP is in order. I didn't take th e Alleve tonight just to see and the hyper symptoms came back. I read about autonomous nodule. Could that be it? I have a couple of nodules but last year when they did a sonogram they were very very small almost unable to find them.> > steph> > __________________________________________________>