RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

AMANDA-Hypocalcemia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, Are you taking Calcium supplements? My daughter had a subtotal thyroidectomy (90%) when she was 17...her parathyroids went into "shock" (they share the same blood supply as the thyroid) right after surgery, where her calcium dropped drastically. They did the IV Calcium drips in the hospital and then she required calcium supplements (reduced gradually based on blood lab results) for several weeks afterward. Here is a link that might be helpful, if no one has really delved into the subject, with you. It's from Cleveland Clinic, which is a highly ranked hospital. http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/diseasemanagement/endocrinology/hypocal/hypocal.htm Hope this helps, Fayetracy wrote: Does anyone else in this group suffer from Hypocalcemia? If so, how have you managed to get it under control? My parathyroid was damaged when I had my thyroid surgery, although I am not entirely sure that it worked properly prior to surgery. Anyway, the twitching of my hands, feet and lips bother me more than being hypothyroid. Thanks -

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min or less.