> I don't know if the Armour had anything to do with

> that, but I thought

> I'd share that odd side effect with ya'll. [:)]

>

> ~Chelle

>

>

Guest guest

Interesting. When I first starting taking my temperatures, I couldn't hear the beep of the thermometer even though my husband could hear it in the next room. After 2 weeks of Armour, I could hear it. It could be a coincidence, but either way it works for me... Judy

Well! I don't know how or why, but the "rock" of earwax in my left ear has either gone away completely or has been reduced so much that my hearing has completely been restored in that ear, I am no longer hearing the hissing sound that I used to hear (similar to the sound you'd hear if you put a seashell up to your ear), and the pain and pressure are completely gone.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

Wow... I'm starting to think that my thyroid meds

should be upped... I have to start shopping again, but

think I will get my own bloods drawn to see. I've been

on the compounded thyroid along with the bioidentical

hormones for about two months now, so that should be

enough time to wait to see if the levels are good? (my

current doc did not run the FT3 and FT4, but did keep

me on 2gr, even though my TSH was " low. "

--- Judy P wrote:

> Interesting. When I first starting taking my

> temperatures, I couldn't hear the beep of the

> thermometer even though my husband could hear it in

> the next room. After 2 weeks of Armour, I could

> hear it. It could be a coincidence, but either way

> it works for me... Judy

>

> ______________

> Well! I don't know how or why, but the " rock " of

> earwax in my left ear has either gone away

> completely or has been reduced so much that my

> hearing has completely been restored in that ear, I

> am no longer hearing the hissing sound that I used

> to hear (similar to the sound you'd hear if you put

> a seashell up to your ear), and the pain and

> pressure are completely gone.

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million

> songs.Try it free.

Guest guest

Hey, that's great, Judy! I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with the Armour, but now that both you and I have noticed our hearing improving since we started taking it, I'm starting to think maybe it does! ~Chelle>> Interesting. When I first starting taking my temperatures, I couldn't hear the beep of the thermometer even though my husband could hear it in the next room. After 2 weeks of Armour, I could hear it. It could be a coincidence, but either way it works for me... Judy

Guest guest

One of my ears has been very itchy with a lot of wax. I have wondered if it is thyroid related. As some one has stated before not EVERYTHING is thyroid related but it sure is amazing what is thyroid related.

Kim

From: Texas_Thyroid_Groups [mailto:Texas_Thyroid_Groups ] On Behalf Of K.Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 8:42 AMTo: Texas_Thyroid_Groups Subject: Weird but positive side effect of Armour

My first appointment with Dr. Gibbs was almost 3 weeks ago, and at that time he noticed that I had concrete-like earwax buildup in my left ear. He recommended Debrox (said that Murine EAR is worthless, which I've already found out from using the stuff), and I bought it but being the procrastinator that I am I still haven't gotten around to using it.Well! I don't know how or why, but the "rock" of earwax in my left ear has either gone away completely or has been reduced so much that my hearing has completely been restored in that ear, I am no longer hearing the hissing sound that I used to hear (similar to the sound you'd hear if you put a seashell up to your ear), and the pain and pressure are completely gone. I don't know if the Armour had anything to do with that, but I thought I'd share that odd side effect with ya'll. ~Chelle

Guest guest

I've had tinnitus for the last year and a half. What

a pain. I've read it can be thyroid-related, and my

doctor has said the same. Lately, it comes and goes.

The ringing is most noticeable when I go to sleep. It

also becomes worse when I have sinus problems (the

popping, muffled noise thing).

However, my mother has a hereditary ear condition that

worsened in her 30's (I'm 31), and it started with

tinnitus. She now has to wear hearing aids in both

ears, and cannot hear unless you speak loudly and

clearly and face her so she can read your lips.

Dr. R. recommended I go to an ENT to check this, and

another thing, out. I will as soon as I have the

money.

Courtenay.

--- carol77096 wrote:

>

> I've had terrible trouble with my ears, muffled

> hearing, tickling,

> popping and tinnitus.

>

> I've read that thyroid affects every cell and organ

> in the body, so we

> shouldn't be surprised.

>

> Carol

>

Guest guest

Probably things we have forgotten were broken! :-)

Carol

> >> >> > I've had terrible trouble with my ears, muffled hearing, tickling,> > popping and tinnitus.> >> > I've read that thyroid affects every cell and organ in the body, so we> > shouldn't be surprised.> >> > Carol>

Guest guest

Courtenay,

My tinnitus is also most noticeable when I go to bed and it gets worse when I'm really tired. I've used a 'nature sound' machine for years, set to 'rain' because it's most consistent. It also filters out any other outside noises that might interfere with sleep.

Carol

> > > > > I've had terrible trouble with my ears, muffled> > hearing, tickling,> > popping and tinnitus.> > > > I've read that thyroid affects every cell and organ> > in the body, so we> > shouldn't be surprised.> > > > Carol> >>

Guest guest

Courtenay, your tinnitus sounds a lot like mine was pre-Armour. The ringing was so bad sometimes, and often it would persist for several minutes. Even by yawning I couldn't make it go away. It's amazing that something as simple as changing my thyroid meds could make such a difference. Dr. Gibbs will be just as amazed, I'm sure, next time I go visit him. ~Chelle>> I've had tinnitus for the last year and a half. What> a pain. I've read it can be thyroid-related, and my> doctor has said the same. Lately, it comes and goes. > The ringing is most noticeable when I go to sleep. It> also becomes worse when I have sinus problems (the> popping, muffled noise thing).

Guest guest

I don't doubt it for a nanosecond! ~Chelle>> > Probably things we have forgotten were broken! :-)> > Carol

Guest guest

But I don't understand that if they were "looking in your ears", then they must have been looking with one of those scopes that sees all the way down to the eardrum. That's all the way down! Do you suppose that they saw it and never said a word about it, or just didn't know what the heck they were seeing? This is the only explanation to me, that they either ignored it or didn't know what they were doing! They SHOULD have seen it all. I've had ongoing tinnitus, never ceasing, since the vertigo in 1998, and I've thought it was thyroid autoantibody related for the last 3 to 4 yrs of that. There are some articles out there on antibodies attacking the ears, in Hashimoto's Disease.

Re: Re: Weird but positive side effect of Armour

I don't think I have an actual ear problem, but I'll tell you my story. I used to have 'chirping' in my ear, that's how I described it. Like bangle bracelets jingling together. I had my hearing tested and it was fine and it would come and go. I also noticed that when I got water in my ears that the right one would stay 'foggy' for a few days. I knew I had to clean them out. I bought some drops and started putting them in my ears and on about the 4th day, I started with the rubber ear syringe ball. I did that for a few days and all that happened was that I kept filling them with liquid and the right ear felt plugged all of the time. I then switched to peroxide and my husband poured a capful in each ear (one at a time as I laid on my side for 20 minutes) once or twice a day. After each time I would syringe a dozen times, but nothing was budging. I was talking to my sister about it and she said 'oh, you have to syringe about 20 times'. The next morning, I did the peroxide thing and then went into the bathroom determined not to come out until I cleared my ears. I started the syringe with warm water on the right ear. After 20 times, still nothing but I kept going. After about 27 syringes full, I hit paydirt. If you don't like gross stuff, you can stop here, but I could not believe the pile of crap that came out of my ear. It was unbelievable. I was expecting a little ball of wax, but I got that and a pile of rubbery stuff that must have been old skin. I did the left ear and got just about the same amount. I have not had the 'chirping' ever since. Every doctor that I had been to over the years had looked in my ear. It must have been way down inside. So that's my story, it might help someone. I'm thinking it might be time to do it again... Judy

Guest guest

I've also seen it mentioned as related to the mucopolysaccharide build up in the body and I've seen it separately related to vitamin deficency.

Whatever it is, I want it to stop.

Carol

>> But I don't understand that if they were "looking in your ears", then they must have been looking with one of those scopes that sees all the way down to the eardrum. That's all the way down! Do you suppose that they saw it and never said a word about it, or just didn't know what the heck they were seeing? This is the only explanation to me, that they either ignored it or didn't know what they were doing! They SHOULD have seen it all. I've had ongoing tinnitus, never ceasing, since the vertigo in 1998, and I've thought it was thyroid autoantibody related for the last 3 to 4 yrs of that. There are some articles out there on antibodies attacking the ears, in Hashimoto's Disease.> > > > Re: Re: Weird but positive side effect of Armour> > > I don't think I have an actual ear problem, but I'll tell you my story. I used to have 'chirping' in my ear, that's how I described it. Like bangle bracelets jingling together. I had my hearing tested and it was fine and it would come and go. I also noticed that when I got water in my ears that the right one would stay 'foggy' for a few days. I knew I had to clean them out. I bought some drops and started putting them in my ears and on about the 4th day, I started with the rubber ear syringe ball. I did that for a few days and all that happened was that I kept filling them with liquid and the right ear felt plugged all of the time. I then switched to peroxide and my husband poured a capful in each ear (one at a time as I laid on my side for 20 minutes) once or twice a day. After each time I would syringe a dozen times, but nothing was budging. I was talking to my sister about it and she said 'oh, you have to syringe about 20 times'. The next morning, I did the peroxide thing and then went into the bathroom determined not to come out until I cleared my ears. I started the syringe with warm water on the right ear. After 20 times, still nothing but I kept going. After about 27 syringes full, I hit paydirt. If you don't like gross stuff, you can stop here, but I could not believe the pile of crap that came out of my ear. It was unbelievable. I was expecting a little ball of wax, but I got that and a pile of rubbery stuff that must have been old skin. I did the left ear and got just about the same amount. I have not had the 'chirping' ever since. Every doctor that I had been to over the years had looked in my ear. It must have been way down inside. So that's my story, it might help someone. I'm thinking it might be time to do it again... Judy>