RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Getting started.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Oly, We are always sad to meet new people here. This disease we call a monster ruins every person it comes to. But Welcome to our group. I am sure you will get all your questions answered here. We do understand what your going through.

If you'll look on our home page you will find a lot of information. On the right side of the screen you'll see links that are very informative.

Are you on O2 yet? Do you go to a University Pulmonary Dr.? Where are you from?

I am in Florida and we have people from all over the US and UK. Again Welcome and Congratulations on finding the most amazing support group you could ever find.

Love and Prayers, Peggy 9/04 ipf

I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis 4 years ago when I was in the

hospital with what I thought was the flu..My life has not been the same

since. Their are times that I can't catch my breath, and I panic, I

have horrible panic attacks because I don't know if I am going to catch

my beath again..I am not working anymore, I had to stop because I

couldn't work the hours, or do the job. I didn't know anything about

this illness until I got it, and there aren't to many people that have

even heard of it. So that's why I am here, I want to learn as much as I

can, from people that are going through the same as me.

Thanks, Oly

Guest guest

Hi Oly, Welcome to our Board. We are a group of people all dealing with the diagnosis of pulmonary fibrosis as best as we can. This is a great place to "talk" to people who understand. We share stories, concerns, vent, cry and laugh as we struggle through each day. We are all at different places within the course of pulmonary fibrosis. I was diagnosed 4 years ago as well. I'm one of thel lucky ones as I can still work and I work at the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation. We always hate to welcome a new member, but I hope that you get what you need from this very supportive group of people. Leanne uip 1/03diaz_oly wrote: I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis 4 years ago when I was in the hospital with what I thought was the flu..My life has not been the same since. Their are times that I can't catch my breath, and I panic, I have horrible panic attacks because I don't know if I am going to catch my beath again..I am not working anymore, I had to stop because I couldn't work the hours, or do the job. I didn't know anything about this illness until I got it, and there aren't to many people that haveeven heard of it. So that's why I am here, I want to learn as much as I can, from people that are going through the same as me.Thanks, Oly

Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right on the new Yahoo.com

Guest guest

Welcome, Oly. You will be visiting with a "family" of very brave people. I have only been on this site for 4 weeks (I think) and I've learned so much. Mostly, here we can share and ask questions with people who know what you are going through. Family doesn't always understand, and since we could look very healthy outside, we aren't inside - and they can't see it. I have a very supportive husband, but he cannot feel my feelings, or worries....even my low 02 stats don't mean too much to him - except that I say 80's is not what I want in the readings...well, anyway - congratulations for finding this board. Joy 3/6Leanne Storch wrote: Hi Oly, Welcome to our Board. We are a group of people all dealing with the diagnosis of pulmonary fibrosis as best as we can. This is a great place to "talk" to people who understand. We share stories, concerns, vent, cry and laugh as we struggle through each day. We are all at different places within the course of pulmonary fibrosis. I was diagnosed 4 years ago as well. I'm one of thel lucky ones as I can still work and I work at the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation. We always hate to welcome a new member, but I hope that you get what you need from this very supportive group of people. Leanne uip 1/03diaz_oly <diaz_oly>

wrote: I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis 4 years ago when I was in the hospital with what I thought was the flu..My life has not been the same since. Their are times that I can't catch my breath, and I panic, I have horrible panic attacks because I don't know if I am going to catch my beath again..I am not working anymore, I had to stop because I couldn't work the hours, or do the job. I didn't know anything about this illness until I got it, and there aren't to many people that haveeven heard of it. So that's why I am here, I want to learn as much as I can, from people that are going through the same as me.Thanks, Oly Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right on the new Yahoo.com Joy (IPF 3/06) Today is a gift for each of us. Enjoy it.

Guest guest

Hello Oly,

I am relatively new to this group also. But, I find so much support and knowledge here. It has helped me so much to hear how other people feel and think like I do. I would say that most of us here know how it feels to not be able to get our breath or to get out of breath doing even the easiest mundane chores. We talk about our fears, our feelings, our victories and we pray for one another. I have learned so much. We welcome you here but are sorry that you have this monster of a disease. Just post anything you are feeling or wondering. Glad you found this site.

nancy nipf 9/01

Getting started.

I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis 4 years ago when I was in the hospital with what I thought was the flu..My life has not been the same since. Their are times that I can't catch my breath, and I panic, I have horrible panic attacks because I don't know if I am going to catch my beath again..I am not working anymore, I had to stop because I couldn't work the hours, or do the job. I didn't know anything about this illness until I got it, and there aren't to many people that haveeven heard of it. So that's why I am here, I want to learn as much as I can, from people that are going through the same as me.Thanks, Oly

Guest guest

Oly, Welcome to the family, and that is what I have found the ones that

post on this board to be. They know the way that we feel and can

empathize with the rest of us. I appreciate the fact that they will

share their stories with us and that we can share ours with them. We

share our fears for ourselves and concerns for each other. I am sorry

that you have this monster of a disease but you are not alone with it

you now have others to help you through. You will go on my prayer list

along with the others whose names I see here. May God bless you each

day.

Barbara R IPF 1/2003

>

> I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis 4 years ago when I was in the

> hospital with what I thought was the flu..My life has not been the

same

> since. Their are times that I can't catch my breath, and I panic, I

> have horrible panic attacks because I don't know if I am going to

catch

> my beath again..I am not working anymore, I had to stop because I

> couldn't work the hours, or do the job. I didn't know anything about

> this illness until I got it, and there aren't to many people that have

> even heard of it. So that's why I am here, I want to learn as much as

I

> can, from people that are going through the same as me.

> Thanks, Oly

>