RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: PediaLax Products

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have used all of the pedia-lax products because pedia-lax is what my Dr recommended. The stool softner works but my son seemed to have a little cramping with the dissolving strips. not real bad though and they did work.

To: miralax Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 8:55:22 AMSubject: PediaLax Products

What is this groups general feelings/opinions re: Pedialax products? I have already used the glycerin suppositories with great success when my daughter hasn't had a BM in over 48 hours. I would like to try the oral stool softeners to help her BMs be softer and less painful, so that she can get over her fear of BMs sooner than later.If you've had any personal experience, negative or positive, please let me know.Thanks,Lillu

Guest guest

Thanks, . Am worried about a stimulant laxative being habit forming.I use Senna now - is that a stimulant laxative? I read it was one of the active ingredients in PediaLax.To: miralax Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 4:07:03 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

I have used all of the pedia-lax products because pedia-lax is what my Dr recommended. The stool softner works but my son seemed to have a little cramping with the dissolving strips. not real bad though and they did work.

From: Lillu <lillu0314yahoo (DOT) com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Tue, December 15, 2009 8:55:22 AMSubject: PediaLax Products

What is this groups general feelings/opinions re: Pedialax products? I have already used the glycerin suppositories with great success when my daughter hasn't had a BM in over 48 hours. I would like to try the oral stool softeners to help her BMs be softer and less painful, so that she can get over her fear of BMs sooner than later.If you've had any personal experience, negative or positive, please let me know.Thanks,Lillu

Guest guest

i have had marvelous results with their products too. i dont find the

purple tongue tabs they have to be at all effective but the rest of their products seem to do the trick. i am by no means an expert of course, as we still struggle with constipation, but these do seem to help. my son, trevor, is four and has had constipation as soon as he started solids..

________________________________To: miralax Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 11:55:22 AMSubject: PediaLax Products What is this groups general feelings/opinions re: Pedialax products? I have already used the glycerin suppositories with great success when my daughter hasn't had a BM in over 48 hours. I would like to try the oral stool softeners to help her BMs be softer and less painful, so that she can get over her fear of BMs sooner than later.If you've had any personal experience, negative or positive, please let me know.Thanks,Lillu

Guest guest

I really think they are all stimulant laxatives. There are a lot of different stimulants out there. Did you google Senna? I did and senna was recalled a while back because it had Ducosate sodium in it. and ducosate sodium is a chemical I think. nothing natural about that. I think the most natural thing out there is extra fiber supplements and just a plain old stool softner. I myself am using a fiber laxative right now. Pill form. Calcium polycarbophil is the active ingredient. I don't have the cramping that most of the other laxatives give me. It seems to be working very well for me and I have diverticuli. Do me a favor and google Senna and read up on it.

To: miralax Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 2:54:40 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

Thanks, . Am worried about a stimulant laxative being habit forming.I use Senna now - is that a stimulant laxative? I read it was one of the active ingredients in PediaLax.

From: Parsons <teresaparsons45@ yahoo..com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Tue, December 15, 2009 4:07:03 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

From: Lillu <lillu0314yahoo (DOT) com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Tue, December 15, 2009 8:55:22 AMSubject: PediaLax Products

Guest guest

My Target store here where we live carries all of the pedia-lax products.

To: miralax Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 5:07:23 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

i have had marvelous results with their products too. i dont find the purple tongue tabs they have to be at all effective but the rest of their products seem to do the trick. i am by no means an expert of course, as we still struggle with constipation, but these do seem to help. my son, trevor, is four and has had constipation as soon as he started solids..

________________________________To: miralax Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 11:55:22 AMSubject: PediaLax Products What is this groups general feelings/opinions re: Pedialax products? I have already used the glycerin suppositories with great success when my daughter hasn't had a BM in over 48 hours. I would like to try the oral stool softeners to help her BMs be softer and less painful, so that she can get over her fear of BMs sooner than later.If you've had any personal experience, negative or positive, please let me know.Thanks,Lillu

Guest guest

Lillu, I wanted to add to my last text. the directions on the bottle of my fiber laxative says *This Product works naturally so continued use for 1 to 3 days is normally required to provide full benefit. Dosage may vary according to diet, exercise, previous laxative use or severity of constipation.

To: miralax Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 2:54:40 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

Thanks, . Am worried about a stimulant laxative being habit forming.I use Senna now - is that a stimulant laxative? I read it was one of the active ingredients in PediaLax.

From: Parsons <teresaparsons45@ yahoo.com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Tue, December 15, 2009 4:07:03 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

I have used all of the pedia-lax products because pedia-lax is what my Dr recommended. The stool softner works but my son seemed to have a little cramping with the dissolving strips.. not real bad though and they did work.

Guest guest

Sometimes they just need some help, they are children and need a boost. I've never in my 10 years here seen anyone with a dependancy on stimulant laxatives.

Subject: Re: PediaLax ProductsTo: miralax Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 11:16 PM

Lillu, I wanted to add to my last text. the directions on the bottle of my fiber laxative says *This Product works naturally so continued use for 1 to 3 days is normally required to provide full benefit. Dosage may vary according to diet, exercise, previous laxative use or severity of constipation.

From: Lillu <lillu0314yahoo (DOT) com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Tue, December 15, 2009 2:54:40 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

From: Parsons <teresaparsons45@ yahoo.com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Tue, December 15, 2009 4:07:03 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

I have used all of the pedia-lax products because pedia-lax is what my Dr recommended. The stool softner works but my son seemed to have a little cramping with the dissolving strips.. not real bad though and they did work.

Guest guest

Careful, the liquid has polyethylene glycol and the disolving strips have polyethylene oxide. Not something that you want to give a child who reacts to polyethylene glycol. The ingredients on these strips are not the best but better than miralax, IMO.

http://www.pedia-lax.com/Liquid-Stool-Softener.php

Notice how all these laxatives use petro-chemicals to whoosh everything out / Senokot liquid

http://www.purduepharma.com/PI/NonPrescription/A6910SE2.pdf---

Subject: Re: PediaLax ProductsTo: miralax Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 3:07 PM

Guest guest

If you want natural this one is it. I've used this product myself and given to dd. We take the childrens vitamins. I'm in my 40's and I've taken the vitamins since I was little. It does say children 12yrs and under consult a physician but you could ask him if you could give a quarter of a tablet. This one is like a dried up compressed alphalpha tablet that crushes into powder when you squeeze it, that's how natural. These are wonderful products. Your hair and nails grow within days, it makes your nails hard and you notice this in a day of taking them. I always take the vitamins when I get a bad haircut! They just give you an overall good energy feeling no fatigue by the end of the night.

Herb-a-lax

http://www.shaklee.net/order-now/product/20144

Ocean Wonders

http://www.shaklee.net/order-now/product/20007---

Subject: Re: PediaLax ProductsTo: miralax Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 10:46 PM

I really think they are all stimulant laxatives. There are a lot of different stimulants out there. Did you google Senna? I did and senna was recalled a while back because it had Ducosate sodium in it. and ducosate sodium is a chemical I think. nothing natural about that. I think the most natural thing out there is extra fiber supplements and just a plain old stool softner. I myself am using a fiber laxative right now. Pill form. Calcium polycarbophil is the active ingredient. I don't have the cramping that most of the other laxatives give me. It seems to be working very well for me and I have diverticuli. Do me a favor and google Senna and read up on it.

From: Lillu <lillu0314yahoo (DOT) com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Tue, December 15, 2009 2:54:40 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

From: Parsons <teresaparsons45@ yahoo..com>To: miralax@yahoogroups .comSent: Tue, December 15, 2009 4:07:03 PMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products

Guest guest

Thanks for all the information, . The "senna" I'm using now is Dr. Schultze' Formula #3, designed for children. I know that it has Senna in it. Senna by itself is not a chemical. It is naturally occurring. Some manufacturers, however, may add chemicals to it. The one I give my daughter doesn't have chemicals, but I'll double check to make sure.So far my daughter, who's 2, has had BMs on her own the past couple of days. She pooped in her diaper without the usual panic and crying/screaming. We are hoping that she is well on her way to recovering from the overuse of Miralax.The fiber laxative you refer to below, is that the PediaLax chewables?To: miralax Sent: Wed, December 16, 2009 12:16:00 AMSubject: Re: PediaLax Products