RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Limin/Re: Mercury toxicity and detox protocol from Dr K

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Robin,

Have you done the Yasko panel? Both CBS and SOUX mutation raise issues with transulfuration pathway. How well a person handles sulfur supplements depends on if s/he has mutations on both CBS and SOUX or just one of them. For CBS alone, C699T up-regulation causes even more severe problem with sulfur than A360A up-regulation. And of course, homozygous mutation will have more sever issues than heterozygous mutation.

My son does not have mutation on SOUX. He is CBS A360A+-. He does not tolerate NAC well, but is fine with ALA if we take breaks. As for garlic, he is totally alright to do 3X daily without breaks. We always have molybdenum on board to detoxify sulfur by-products and use biotin and enzymes to prevent yeast flair-up caused by sulfur food and supplements. We use ALA and curcumin to increase glutathione levels and do not use glutathione directly. He has some problems with OSR.

Dr. LC recommends using urine sulfate strips to monitor sulfur intake. We did this in his office and our local LED practitioner's. But I didn't purchase the strips for home use.

The problems with whey are not sulfur related. Whey has casein in it. It is high in glutamine. Whereas glutamine is good for healing gut lining, it is easily converted to glutamate in the body. Glutamate is an excitotoxin that overly excites nerve cells and eventually causes neuron loss. Vitamin B6 can help to convert glutamate into GABA. However, in the presence of Lead and Aluminum, glutamate might not be converted to GABA. Calcium is involved in glutamate toxicity, so supplement with magnesium can check calcium in check. In the presence of excessive glutamate, mercury toxicity in the body can be aggravated.

Limin

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:55

To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism

Subject: Limin/Re: Mercury toxicity and detox protocol from Dr K

For CBS upregulation are you finding that NAC and or whey presents more problems with sulfur toxcity than garlic? I am at a loss as to what sulfur is OK and what is not.. would love not to worry about garlic.. and glutahione for that matter.How do you measure for sulfur? Have you tried the strips and have a source for those?After using whey for a while now, not thinking... I have had excititory issues.. best way to describe and edema.. ??Thank you for any insight you can give. Robin> >> > Isa, just a word of caution. I believe any questions about chelation should > > be discussed with doctor, and chelation should be done ONLY under doctor's > > supervision. It's very serious and could do more permanent harm than good, > > if done incorrectly or in wrong time.> > > > Dina.> > > > > > > > Mercury toxicity and detox > > protocol from Dr K> > > > > > > I've been thinking about implementing the a.m. Protocol on my kid. Now, l > > > have heard so much about the need of detoxing other metals before one > > > tries to reach Hg. So, Question No 1: can someone tell me about a similar > > > protocol that would help chelate his alu, tin and cadmium? Is it > > > absolutely necessary to start with this other metals or would it be OK to > > > implement against Hg right away? We are doing liver support since he has > > > shown high liver enzymes everytime we've tried IV CA-EDTA chelation. I am > > > not chelating in this form since 6 mos now.> > >> > > Question No. 2: l have some Enhansa waiting to be used in my fridge, l > > > want to give this antiviral a try (of course, not together w Hg protocol, > > > l guess it should be one or the other) in order not to stress him so much > > > and see clearly what is coming from what.... So l need advice which one of > > > this approaches do you guys recommend to start first. As for now l see > > > detrimented eye-contact, difficulty in compliance and hyper-activity.> > > If someone has a suggestion, l would appreciate very much if you also let > > > me know what would be the best supplement support for each...> > > Thanks a bunch!> > > Blessings> > > Isa> > > Enviado desde mi oficina móvil BlackBerry® de Telcel> > >> > > ------------------------------------> > >> > >

Guest guest

Robin,

Have you done the Yasko panel? Both CBS and SOUX mutation raise issues with transulfuration pathway. How well a person handles sulfur supplements depends on if s/he has mutations on both CBS and SOUX or just one of them. For CBS alone, C699T up-regulation causes even more severe problem with sulfur than A360A up-regulation. And of course, homozygous mutation will have more sever issues than heterozygous mutation.

My son does not have mutation on SOUX. He is CBS A360A+-. He does not tolerate NAC well, but is fine with ALA if we take breaks. As for garlic, he is totally alright to do 3X daily without breaks. We always have molybdenum on board to detoxify sulfur by-products and use biotin and enzymes to prevent yeast flair-up caused by sulfur food and supplements. We use ALA and curcumin to increase glutathione levels and do not use glutathione directly. He has some problems with OSR.

Dr. LC recommends using urine sulfate strips to monitor sulfur intake. We did this in his office and our local LED practitioner's. But I didn't purchase the strips for home use.

The problems with whey are not sulfur related. Whey has casein in it. It is high in glutamine. Whereas glutamine is good for healing gut lining, it is easily converted to glutamate in the body. Glutamate is an excitotoxin that overly excites nerve cells and eventually causes neuron loss. Vitamin B6 can help to convert glutamate into GABA. However, in the presence of Lead and Aluminum, glutamate might not be converted to GABA. Calcium is involved in glutamate toxicity, so supplement with magnesium can check calcium in check. In the presence of excessive glutamate, mercury toxicity in the body can be aggravated.

Limin

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:55

For CBS upregulation are you finding that NAC and or whey presents more problems with sulfur toxcity than garlic? I am at a loss as to what sulfur is OK and what is not.. would love not to worry about garlic.. and glutahione for that matter.How do you measure for sulfur? Have you tried the strips and have a source for those?After using whey for a while now, not thinking... I have had excititory issues.. best way to describe and edema.. ??Thank you for any insight you can give. Robin> >> > Isa, just a word of caution. I believe any questions about chelation should > > be discussed with doctor, and chelation should be done ONLY under doctor's > > supervision. It's very serious and could do more permanent harm than good, > > if done incorrectly or in wrong time.> > > > Dina.> > > > > > > > Mercury toxicity and detox > > protocol from Dr K> > > > > > > I've been thinking about implementing the a.m. Protocol on my kid. Now, l > > > have heard so much about the need of detoxing other metals before one > > > tries to reach Hg. So, Question No 1: can someone tell me about a similar > > > protocol that would help chelate his alu, tin and cadmium? Is it > > > absolutely necessary to start with this other metals or would it be OK to > > > implement against Hg right away? We are doing liver support since he has > > > shown high liver enzymes everytime we've tried IV CA-EDTA chelation. I am > > > not chelating in this form since 6 mos now.> > >> > > Question No. 2: l have some Enhansa waiting to be used in my fridge, l > > > want to give this antiviral a try (of course, not together w Hg protocol, > > > l guess it should be one or the other) in order not to stress him so much > > > and see clearly what is coming from what.... So l need advice which one of > > > this approaches do you guys recommend to start first. As for now l see > > > detrimented eye-contact, difficulty in compliance and hyper-activity.> > > If someone has a suggestion, l would appreciate very much if you also let > > > me know what would be the best supplement support for each...> > > Thanks a bunch!> > > Blessings> > > Isa> > > Enviado desde mi oficina móvil BlackBerry® de Telcel> > >> > > ------------------------------------> > >> > >

Guest guest

Sasmita,

Is your child deficient of galantamine? If not, I would just use vitamin B6 to help converting glutamate to GABA, as most of the children need to be on vitamin B6. Galantamine alone inhibit glutamate-induced cytotoxicity only slightly. I have read that using galantamine together with nicotine patch enhances neuroprotective effect. Anyway, the idea is to use as less supplements as possible to achieve as many healing goals as possible. Otherwise, by the end of the day, the kids end up swallowing tons of pills which burden their guts.

Sulfur toxicity in our case is kind of extreme. My son can tolerate sulfur food just fine. He is even alright with some of the sulfur based supplements. But after a few months of rotating DMSA and OSR (4 days on OSR and then 3 days on DMSA weekly), he developed his first petechiae episode. It was caused by a combination of sulfur toxicity, metal mobilization, poor capillary integrity, and low platelets. I stopped sulfur-based chelation therapy entirely for 3 months because of that episode.

Limin

Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 15:40

What about giving Galantamine, to check Glutamate activity?And also Limin, does the Sulfur intolerance shows up as a Diarrhea or how do you know from outside that the kid may be intolerant to Sulfur(mostly in Sulfur containing foods like Brocolli etc)?I have also stopped OSR, as Dr.H told me that it enters BBB!!!!Thanks for your excellent input,Sasmita> > >> > > Isa, just a word of caution. I believe any questions about chelation should > > > be discussed with doctor, and chelation should be done ONLY under doctor's > > > supervision. It's very serious and could do more permanent harm than good, > > > if done incorrectly or in wrong time.> > > > > > Dina.> > > > > > > > > > > > Mercury toxicity and detox > > > protocol from Dr K> > > > > > > > > > I've been thinking about implementing the a.m. Protocol on my kid. Now, l > > > > have heard so much about the need of detoxing other metals before one > > > > tries to reach Hg. So, Question No 1: can someone tell me about a similar > > > > protocol that would help chelate his alu, tin and cadmium? Is it > > > > absolutely necessary to start with this other metals or would it be OK to > > > > implement against Hg right away? We are doing liver support since he has > > > > shown high liver enzymes everytime we've tried IV CA-EDTA chelation. I am > > > > not chelating in this form since 6 mos now.> > > >> > > > Question No. 2: l have some Enhansa waiting to be used in my fridge, l > > > > want to give this antiviral a try (of course, not together w Hg protocol, > > > > l guess it should be one or the other) in order not to stress him so much > > > > and see clearly what is coming from what.... So l need advice which one of > > > > this approaches do you guys recommend to start first. As for now l see > > > > detrimented eye-contact, difficulty in compliance and hyper-activity.> > > > If someone has a suggestion, l would appreciate very much if you also let > > > > me know what would be the best supplement support for each...> > > > Thanks a bunch!> > > > Blessings> > > > Isa> > > > Enviado desde mi oficina móvil BlackBerry® de Telcel> > > >> > > > ------------------------------------> > > >> > > >

Guest guest

Sasmita,

Is your child deficient of galantamine? If not, I would just use vitamin B6 to help converting glutamate to GABA, as most of the children need to be on vitamin B6. Galantamine alone inhibit glutamate-induced cytotoxicity only slightly. I have read that using galantamine together with nicotine patch enhances neuroprotective effect. Anyway, the idea is to use as less supplements as possible to achieve as many healing goals as possible. Otherwise, by the end of the day, the kids end up swallowing tons of pills which burden their guts.

Sulfur toxicity in our case is kind of extreme. My son can tolerate sulfur food just fine. He is even alright with some of the sulfur based supplements. But after a few months of rotating DMSA and OSR (4 days on OSR and then 3 days on DMSA weekly), he developed his first petechiae episode. It was caused by a combination of sulfur toxicity, metal mobilization, poor capillary integrity, and low platelets. I stopped sulfur-based chelation therapy entirely for 3 months because of that episode.

Limin

What about giving Galantamine, to check Glutamate activity?And also Limin, does the Sulfur intolerance shows up as a Diarrhea or how do you know from outside that the kid may be intolerant to Sulfur(mostly in Sulfur containing foods like Brocolli etc)?I have also stopped OSR, as Dr.H told me that it enters BBB!!!!Thanks for your excellent input,Sasmita> > >> > > Isa, just a word of caution. I believe any questions about chelation should > > > be discussed with doctor, and chelation should be done ONLY under doctor's > > > supervision. It's very serious and could do more permanent harm than good, > > > if done incorrectly or in wrong time.> > > > > > Dina.> > > > > > > > > > > > Mercury toxicity and detox > > > protocol from Dr K> > > > > > > > > > I've been thinking about implementing the a.m. Protocol on my kid. Now, l > > > > have heard so much about the need of detoxing other metals before one > > > > tries to reach Hg. So, Question No 1: can someone tell me about a similar > > > > protocol that would help chelate his alu, tin and cadmium? Is it > > > > absolutely necessary to start with this other metals or would it be OK to > > > > implement against Hg right away? We are doing liver support since he has > > > > shown high liver enzymes everytime we've tried IV CA-EDTA chelation. I am > > > > not chelating in this form since 6 mos now.> > > >> > > > Question No. 2: l have some Enhansa waiting to be used in my fridge, l > > > > want to give this antiviral a try (of course, not together w Hg protocol, > > > > l guess it should be one or the other) in order not to stress him so much > > > > and see clearly what is coming from what.... So l need advice which one of > > > > this approaches do you guys recommend to start first. As for now l see > > > > detrimented eye-contact, difficulty in compliance and hyper-activity.> > > > If someone has a suggestion, l would appreciate very much if you also let > > > > me know what would be the best supplement support for each...> > > > Thanks a bunch!> > > > Blessings> > > > Isa> > > > Enviado desde mi oficina móvil BlackBerry® de Telcel> > > >> > > > ------------------------------------> > > >> > > >

Guest guest

Sasmita,

Limin

Guest guest

With CBS and NOS mutations, if your methylation support supplements have been on board prior to addressing the ammonia issue, you are likely to observe the further increased ammonia instead of decreasing it. Those methylation support nutrients will just be drained through transsulfuration pathway to produce more ammonia and sulfite. If your COMT status is "++" or "+++", you really want to be careful with curcumin and all other methyl donors.

Limin

Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 20:02

Yes, I am also CBS A360A +- only plus NOS +-. No problem with SOUX.That's good to know.The glutamate in whey makes sense. Had no idea about the mercury. A few questions:How do you know when sulfur is an issue other than the urine testing.. what are the symptoms?How much curmucin? I am learning a little goes a long way form yasko's perspective. Have you found the RNAs helpful? I have got to get my ammonia down. It was very high. Amino acids very very low. I am purchasing yucca, have BH4, was advised to take citrulline (it was very low on AA test), have charcoal/mag citrate ready for flushes. Also coconut water.I think I read the ammonia can also cause excito-toxic effects. My brain feels like it has acid in it at times, and I am not sure that is ammonia or quinolic acid. I dont consume whey daily.. so thinking glutamate is not the cause since my AA count was low. I am thinking now caesin then could be an issue. I can see why the focus on bringing the system down from excitory state before engaging the methylation supplements. Although I understand that ammonia should go down as methylation is patched up. (my burning brain is spinning with this info)B6 with a high level of something I cannot remember on the MAP test (which I have not received tests results from yet) can turn into quinolic acid.. the lyme toxin. Too much I think it can increase methyl groups?? I didnt know it could also convert glutamate to GABA.I am experiencing strong excito toxin like effects which seem similar to but different from adrenaline surges.I woke one morning to find my hand mid air and my fingers rapidly moving like one would nervously and rapidly tap at a table.COMT++,++ doesnt help the situation with the extra adrenaline in the system.Yasko has an amazing and overwhelming amount of info to work though. Thank you so much for helping me put some of this together.Robin> > >> > > Isa, just a word of caution. I believe any questions about chelation should > > > be discussed with doctor, and chelation should be done ONLY under doctor's > > > supervision. It's very serious and could do more permanent harm than good, > > > if done incorrectly or in wrong time.> > > > > > Dina.> > > > > > > > > > > > Mercury toxicity and detox > > > protocol from Dr K> > > > > > > > > > I've been thinking about implementing the a.m. Protocol on my kid. Now, l > > > > have heard so much about the need of detoxing other metals before one > > > > tries to reach Hg. So, Question No 1: can someone tell me about a similar > > > > protocol that would help chelate his alu, tin and cadmium? Is it > > > > absolutely necessary to start with this other metals or would it be OK to > > > > implement against Hg right away? We are doing liver support since he has > > > > shown high liver enzymes everytime we've tried IV CA-EDTA chelation. I am > > > > not chelating in this form since 6 mos now.> > > >> > > > Question No. 2: l have some Enhansa waiting to be used in my fridge, l > > > > want to give this antiviral a try (of course, not together w Hg protocol, > > > > l guess it should be one or the other) in order not to stress him so much > > > > and see clearly what is coming from what.... So l need advice which one of > > > > this approaches do you guys recommend to start first. As for now l see > > > > detrimented eye-contact, difficulty in compliance and hyper-activity.> > > > If someone has a suggestion, l would appreciate very much if you also let > > > > me know what would be the best supplement support for each...> > > > Thanks a bunch!> > > > Blessings> > > > Isa> > > > Enviado desde mi oficina móvil BlackBerry® de Telcel> > > >> > > > ------------------------------------> > > >> > > >

Guest guest

OK.. that makes sense. Thank you again. I thought there was something about the

curcumin. Ammonia and Sulfur first.

Robin

> > > >

> > > > Isa, just a word of caution. I believe any questions about chelation

should

> > > > be discussed with doctor, and chelation should be done ONLY under

doctor's

> > > > supervision. It's very serious and could do more permanent harm than

good,

> > > > if done incorrectly or in wrong time.

> > > >

> > > > Dina.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Mercury toxicity and

detox

> > > > protocol from Dr K

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > I've been thinking about implementing the a.m. Protocol on my kid.

Now, l

> > > > > have heard so much about the need of detoxing other metals before one

> > > > > tries to reach Hg. So, Question No 1: can someone tell me about a

similar

> > > > > protocol that would help chelate his alu, tin and cadmium? Is it

> > > > > absolutely necessary to start with this other metals or would it be OK

to

> > > > > implement against Hg right away? We are doing liver support since he

has

> > > > > shown high liver enzymes everytime we've tried IV CA-EDTA chelation. I

am

> > > > > not chelating in this form since 6 mos now.

> > > > >

> > > > > Question No. 2: l have some Enhansa waiting to be used in my fridge, l

> > > > > want to give this antiviral a try (of course, not together w Hg

protocol,

> > > > > l guess it should be one or the other) in order not to stress him so

much

> > > > > and see clearly what is coming from what.... So l need advice which

one of

> > > > > this approaches do you guys recommend to start first. As for now l see

> > > > > detrimented eye-contact, difficulty in compliance and hyper-activity.

> > > > > If someone has a suggestion, l would appreciate very much if you also

let

> > > > > me know what would be the best supplement support for each...

> > > > > Thanks a bunch!

> > > > > Blessings

> > > > > Isa

> > > > > Enviado desde mi oficina móvil BlackBerry® de Telcel

> > > > >

> > > > > ------------------------------------

> > > > >

> > > > >