RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: armour

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone had any adverse effects from Armour....I have been taking it for a few months and noticed that soon after taking it, I feel a little spacey and jittery. It doesn't last for long but wondering if it could be

the armour. I haven't changed anything else recently. I went from the compounded to the armour,

same dosage.

I understand that if your thyroid is not balanced it could also affect your concentration. I find that

my attention span is not what is used to be. Does anyone take anything to help with this?

Sue

Guest guest

Did you also have this on the compounded? I would suspect the fillers in the new Armour.

I cannot tolerate the new microcrystalline cellulose which is most likely made from Genetically Modified cottonseed. I would also suspect that the dextrose may be from GM corn.

If you don't want to go back to the compound, you might consider the new Acella NP Thyroid. Walgreen's is dispensing it as a generic for Armour.

>> Has anyone had any adverse effects from Armour....I have been taking it for a few months and noticed that soon after taking it, I feel a little spacey and jittery. It doesn't last for long but wondering if it could be> the armour. I haven't changed anything else recently. I went from the compounded to the armour,> same dosage. > I understand that if your thyroid is not balanced it could also affect your concentration. I find that> my attention span is not what is used to be. Does anyone take anything to help with this?> Sue>

Guest guest

Some of the ladies in the Georgia Thyroid Groups use the Acella and say it is just like the old Armour. My only reservation is that it has mineral oil, a petroleum product.

I have done well on ERFA from Canada. My current experiment is to use only compounds for awhile and then go back to ERFA to see if there is any difference.

> >> > Has anyone had any adverse effects from Armour....I have been taking it for a few months and noticed that soon after taking it, I feel a little spacey and jittery. It doesn't last for long but wondering if it could be> > the armour. I haven't changed anything else recently. I went from the compounded to the armour,> > same dosage. > > I understand that if your thyroid is not balanced it could also affect your concentration. I find that> > my attention span is not what is used to be. Does anyone take anything to help with this?> > Sue> >>

Guest guest

I just paid $66 for 150 of the 60 mg thyroid from WIP plus about $5.75 for standard shipping.

Prices vary greatly for the ERFA, so you need to shop around.

>> > to Texas Thyroid,> > I would be very interested in the results of your comparison between compounded and Erfa. However, Erfa costs more than my compounded, I think, at least WIP sure was, about $100. We could never afford that. I never called the other 2 pharmacies, I was so shell shocked. Maybe they're on a par with my compounded, about $50 plus tax and shipping. But Acella at Walgreen's is like $12~ you see my dilemma.> > My allergies are similar to yours, so I'm interested.> > Thanks.> > Vicki K

Guest guest

oops that 60MG, not 60 grains. sorry

>

> Hi all,

>

> I have a question to ask. My Doctor just started me on 60 grains of Armour

yesterday, the equivalent of .125 mcg of Levothroid. My question is, should I

take the 60 grains all at once or break it into 1/4's until I get used to it??

Because I know that it effects everyone differently.

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>