RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: new member / Zerit vs new meds & Sculptra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Taking L-Carnitine can help improve the production of remaining mitochondria in people who have depleted mitochondria populations.

While I have no idea what drugs you were being given for low platelet counts, I am not aware of any treatments which make the remaining platelets more effective. All treatments for thrombocytopenia I know of are designed to reduce the destruction of platelets or increase production of platelets.

With a platelet count of 11,000 (compared with a more normal range of 140,000 to 250,000) it would be safe to say that these tretaments were not working well, regardless of what they were.

Your lack of symptoms, such as bruising, is not unusual. Often, low platelet levels do not lead to clinical problems; rather, they are picked up on a routine full blood count. Occasionally, there may be bruising, nosebleeds and/or bleeding gums - but this is not typical in thrombocytopenia. But if you received an injury, only a blood transfusion would have saved your life.

>> To tell you the truth, I've made so many adjustments that I couldn't point to one thing. I swear several symptoms of toxicity are lessened since taking it, but have also exercised more, and cut down on sugaars and starch.

> I think it helps to clear up some of it. Facial wasting, no, but the dense fat pads seem much leaner. And my focus and memory are up, as well as healthier lipids (with lipitor too). Who knows what does the trick. I've been trial and error since 1985.

> I guess you're saying it's like when I had thrombocytopenia from crixivan (a Phase I study). I never even bruised. My platelet count was 11, 000, but it seemed that the drugs they gave me helped me produce healthy platelets, the few that there were, and kept me from bleeding.

> I too took Zerit since it was effective where a lot of drugs weren't. Finally, new things came around and I left it behind with AZT and Videx. The facial wasting is like a permanent mark left from uncertain treatments.

> BG >

>