RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Cimetidine/Tagament for Virus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've talked about this before but thought it might be a good time to revisit Cimetidine (Tagament) as an anti-viral medication (a benign one at that).

Dr. Jay Goldstein in Los Angeles reported that Cimetidine could cure the Mononuecleosis virus within 1 to 2 days. And he became so frustrated at the lack of attention to this finding that he more or less gave up trying to get people to listen.

However, I recently was doing a search on "Cimetidine virus" and came across numerous claims from people who find it helps stop or slow their Herpes outbreaks. (apparently, mono is a type of herpes virus.)

So with all the talk of the new XMRV retro-virus, it may be time to take another look at Cimetidine or other drugs that affect T-cells and their receptors.

From ANNALS OF INTERNAL MEDICINE

Cimetidine and Mononucleosis

JAY A. GOLDSTEIN, M.D.

Excerpt

To the editor: For 2 years I have been treating patients in my family practice who have mononucleosis with cimetidine, 300 mg three times a day for 5 days. Twenty-nine of thirty-two patients have had almost complete remission of symptoms in 1 or 2 days, and in no patient has the disease recurred. There have been no adverse effects and no complications.

Because herpes virus disorders may cause excessive suppressor T-cell activity (1) and because suppressor T cells have H-2 receptors, (2) this excessive activity may be partially blocked by cimetidine. Suppressor T cells may secrete lymphokines that may be...

http://www.annals.org/content/99/3/410.2.extract

There are more excerpts out there if you do a search for Goldstein and Cimetidine. In some places he talks about a 20% success rate in his CFS patients.