RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Will it ever end?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hey lisa, lokk into joining a group called lymestratagies, great group different

protocols helps a whole lot. kurt.

senoraturner <lturner@...> wrote: Hey,

Can anyone give me an idea about how long this treatment is going to

take? I've been on abx for a year now - first doxy, then

clarithromycin, cefzil, can't remember what others! Right now I'm on

clarith. (E.O. day), cefzil, flagyl (E.O. day), Nizoral for yeast, I

think that's it. I have it all written down somewhere! I have good

days (or parts of days) and bad ones. Pain is mostly in knees, lots

of floaters in my eyes, very stiff neck. I can't sleep well because my

knees ache. I take Alleve every now and then, but I am positive for H

Pylori so I try not to put more in my stomach than I have to. Oh

yeah, I also take Prilosec for my stomach. The only healthy thing I'm

taking is a probiotic and a multi-vitamin. All the talk about

detoxing and alternative things is overwhelming.

I'm just tired of it all! Is it possible to get past this? When I

tell people I have Lyme, they say " ooh, you can't get cured, can

you? " or some such thing - it's very disheartening. I'd love advice,

thoughts, etc ...

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/16/2006 3:25:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

writes:

_Will it ever end? _

( /message/73284;_ylc=X3oDMTJvbGtyaWc2BF9TA\

zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzczODQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTA2MDEyBG1z

Z0lkAzczMjg0BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzExNjM2NzYyNDI-)

I was on high doses of oral antibiotics in various combinations for 2 years

and did not improve at all. Then I was beginning to consider IV antibiotics,

but fortunately heard about the Marshall Protocol. I have had considerable

improvement on it. Some people don't do as well as others, especially at

first, but I still think for long term and for eventual complete healing, it is

the best approach.

If interested, I suggest reading the article at

_http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN/transcript_

(http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN/transcript) for an

overview and Q & A and other information at _http://marshallprotocol.com_

(http://marshallprotocol.com) .

Joyce

Guest guest

Did you treat for co-infections? I have heard that until you treat

for co-infections you may not get better. The tests are not very

accurate so I think you just have to treat for co-infections just in

case you have any.

Kathy

Guest guest

I was on abx for about 5 years - it was like taking 1/2 step forward and 3

steps back - but slowly - very slowly - V E R Y S L O W L Y...... I GOT BETTER!

I go days and even weeks and dont even think of lyme disease - Im a little weak

on my right side - but thats all - I never thought i would get better - but i

did!!! I dont know if its going to come back - but i know NOW to enjoy my

health while it last. Just hang in there - dont give up hope - people do get

better!! I know this is hard but if you can just except that its going to take

a while to feel better and not allow yourself to get stressed - I truely think

the stress makes the lyme SO MUCH WORSE - just try and relax - know in your

heart its going to take time for your body to fight this disease - except that

truth and just wait - My prayers are with you.

senoraturner <lturner@...> wrote:

Hey,

Can anyone give me an idea about how long this treatment is going to

take? I've been on abx for a year now - first doxy, then

clarithromycin, cefzil, can't remember what others! Right now I'm on

clarith. (E.O. day), cefzil, flagyl (E.O. day), Nizoral for yeast, I

think that's it. I have it all written down somewhere! I have good

days (or parts of days) and bad ones. Pain is mostly in knees, lots

of floaters in my eyes, very stiff neck. I can't sleep well because my

knees ache. I take Alleve every now and then, but I am positive for H

Pylori so I try not to put more in my stomach than I have to. Oh

yeah, I also take Prilosec for my stomach. The only healthy thing I'm

taking is a probiotic and a multi-vitamin. All the talk about

detoxing and alternative things is overwhelming.

I'm just tired of it all! Is it possible to get past this? When I

tell people I have Lyme, they say " ooh, you can't get cured, can

you? " or some such thing - it's very disheartening. I'd love advice,

thoughts, etc ...

---------------------------------

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate - Click

now to apply

Guest guest

Hi Cheryl.

There are so many of us who are asking the same question. When will it end?

In some ways you are luckier than most because your infection was acute enough and you got sick enough that it had to be taken seriously and treated. So in some small way you can be grateful that you got treatment and could provide your family with proof, although it's sad that people close to us tend to doubt us until they get some kind of uncontrovertable proof, or get sick themselves. When our own families don't believe us, it's kind of hard to expect much more from our doctors.

Most of us on these forums are chronically sick, but we seldom get sick enough (as ridiculous as that may seem) to receive agressive treatment. It's very frustrating.

I also have infected bone (from dental work) and I've been on i.v. antibiotics, and had surgeries, but have yet to be cured. I've been "managing" my infection with antibiotics for years. My infection is resistant to most antibiotics, but the abx I do take do just enough to keep me semi-functional but not enough to keep the inflammation and pain in check or stop the damage being done by the chronic inflammation. I, like so many, end up relying on pain killers, or whatever drug happens to manage a particular symptom, rather than effectively treat the causes of our symptoms.

I know it's probably hard to think of what you've gone through as being a blessing in disguise, but now that you have a confirmed history of bone infection (eg. osteomyelitis), your docs will take you more seriously when you complain of symptoms. If you don't have a particular doctor managing your case, then be sure you get copies of all your records so you'll have documentation that will make it impossible for doctors to ignore you when you need more care in the future. They may try to dissuade you of particular treatments because of the associated costs, but the more informed you are about your condition, the harder it will be for them to get away with it (this is particularly a problem when insurance is involved because they don't want to absorb the expense of treating this kind of illness) so be sure your docs aren't letting monetary concerns override your health concerns. No matter what your situation, it's

always a good idea to gather as much documentation of your condition as you can. Make copies of everything. You never know where you might end up or whether your doctor might take a permanent vacation. We've all learned that as difficult as it may be, we have no choice but to protect our own interests because there are no guarantees that anyone else will.

I do hope you're on the road to recovery now and that a cure is in your near future.

penny

From: cherylblattler <cherylblattler@...>Subject: [infections] Will it ever end?infections Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 4:08 PM

My name is Cheryl, I am 41, three years ago I ha dental work done, I ended up getting Staph. It went to the blood stream, and the SI Joint, I was septic. The hosptial appointed me a Infectious Disease Doc. (ID) She treated me for Staph, three weeks later she took my pic line out and that was it. Fast foward three years.. Last April I was having a hard time walking, I was coming home from work and taking naps. I was running fevers, I started having problem remembering things, I was reading numbers backwards. I quit my job because I couldn't handle the stress. My family had been giving me a hard time, they were calling me names, giving me all sorts of crap because I was sleeping all the time, I was fat, lazy, and I couldn't walk upstairs, so I should be excercising. I had been in bed for about 3 weeks in pain. I went to the chiropractor, he tried to move my legs so he could crack my back,

well I threw up in his office. He told me to go home and lay on ice. I went back, same thing after that I told him I was going to the ER for pain killers, he said that I shouldn't get pain killers, I needed to know my limititaions. Screw that I went right to the ER. They sent me for a back MRI, I was having incontance, with the SI nerve pain, the said it was nerologicol. The nerologist said that everything was fine, he sent me to a MD he reccemoneded. Dr Mcwilliams, well he took two hours of history with me, he sent me to get a pelvic MRI. Four hours after me Dr. got my results, I was addmitted to the HOSP. The MRI results were incredabile. I had three fluid pockets the size of tennis balls, on my pelvis, one on each SI Joint, one on my tail bone next to my spinal cord and 30 or 40 seedlings inbetween. They did some tests, and found out it was Staph. They put a central line in my heart, started

IV antibiotics, they ended up doing surgery to in sert drain tubes in in the fluid pockets, they couldn't cut them open, there was so much bacteria, that if they just cut them open, it would go right to the heart causing stroke heart attack, and the bacteria would have traveled from the heart to the eyes, causing blindness. UGH! I was on IV antibiotics untill Sept. they had to take my grocion out as it was causing blood clots in my jugular viens. I have had several MRI'S done and the pockets are growing back, but they have found the bone is infected, adn has been for three years!! Heck the Staph pockets have been in there for 3 years making me sick. So here I am hating life, begging for sugery. I hate this, I am sorry about the long story, it's a bad day. But I will admit my family feels horribale, they are so sorry, It's ok heck I never even knew I was

sick!