RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: About whey

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Naomi,Great article! I am hoping to experiment with dehydrating whey to make my own powder. I currently use whey powder in my drinks and on some foods for the benefits related to hypertension.Thanks for sharing this with us! Blessings,joan

Guest guest

You might think about trying to make

Gjetost or Mytost. These are caramelized whey cheeses.. A lot of careful

cooking down.

http://www.gourmet-food.com/gourmet-cheese/gjetost-cheese-100414.aspx

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Gjetost/Gjetost.htm

I have never made it personally.. I have

bought it and I really like it with slices of apple. Some other “how

to use” suggestions from readers on this page. http://scandinavianfood.about.com/b/2009/04/02/gjetost-beyond-toast.htm

Naomi

" Few people are capable of expressing

with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social

environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such

opinions. "

..... Albert Einstein

RawDairy [mailto:RawDairy ] On Behalf Of Joan deHaven

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009

7:37 AM

To: RawDairy

Subject: Re: About whey

Naomi,

Great article! I am hoping to experiment with dehydrating whey to make my

own powder. I currently use whey powder in my drinks and on some foods

for the benefits related to hypertension.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Blessings,

joan

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature

database 4685 (20091214) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

Wow, who new Whey was so beneficial yet so under utilized!

I was hoping to find way's to use whey reading the link, but seems as

dried is the only option, small cheese makers should be experimenting

with the different uses of whey. Someone get a grant and go to town.

There is endless possibilities to be sure.

K

About whey

This article was posted on GoatCheesePlus list. http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/NationalDairyCouncil/Health/Digest/dcd74-6Page1.htm I found it interesting and am passing it along. Whey is the liquid left behind when you make cheese. Many people already use it to drink, boil spaghetti, make baked goods etc.

Naomi

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." ..... Albert Einstein

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4685 (20091214) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

I would be very interested in how your dehydrating it. I have gallons of it around here and a son that buys whey powder.

Email me private if you don't mind so I don't miss your reply. gdchik@...

Debbie ChikouskyManitoba, Canadawww.chikouskyfarms.comhttp://blog.choosyhomeschooler.com/All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." —Edmund Burke

Naomi,Great article! I am hoping to experiment with dehydrating whey to make my own powder. I currently use whey powder in my drinks and on some foods for the benefits related to hypertension.Thanks for sharing this with us!

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

I also would like to know how to dehydrate whey. Vickie

Naomi,Great article! I am hoping to experiment with dehydrating whey to make my own powder. I currently use whey powder in my drinks and on some foods for the benefits related to hypertension.Thanks for sharing this with us!

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

I'm going to process it in my dehydrator similar to a fruit puree. I have a tray that holds liquids. Blessings,joanTo: RawDairy Sent: Mon, December 14, 2009 4:21:05 PMSubject: Re: About whey

I would be very interested in how your dehydrating it. I have gallons of it around here and a son that buys whey powder.

Email me private if you don't mind so I don't miss your reply. gdchik@...

Debbie ChikouskyManitoba, Canadawww.chikouskyfarms.comhttp://blog.choosyhomeschooler.com/All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." —Edmund Burke

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

do you have an excalibur?

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

How are you going to isolate the protein from the whey?

Debbie ChikouskyManitoba, Canadawww.chikouskyfarms.comhttp://blog.choosyhomeschooler.com/

All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing. " —Edmund Burke

Naomi,Great article!  I am hoping to experiment with dehydrating whey to make my own powder.  I currently use whey powder in my drinks and on some foods for the benefits related to hypertension.Thanks for sharing this with us!

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

Yes, I have a commercial Excalibur. Blessings,joanTo: RawDairy Sent: Mon, December 14, 2009 5:19:28 PMSubject: Re: About whey

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

Debbie,I haven't thought that far ahead. I'm just experimenting. I was hoping maybe someone else had tried this! Blessings,joanTo: RawDairy Sent: Mon, December 14, 2009 5:27:08 PMSubject: Re:

About whey

How are you going to isolate the protein from the whey?

Guest guest

I want to know too???

My son also buys this in powder form, as well as goes to the gym on a regular basis.

Any info on dehydrating whey would by way cool.

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

I'll ditto the info on the whey drying. I think it looks like you had better post your experience on here, there are enough people who are interested, and probably many more who may not speak up.

Matt

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

I'm just thinking (typing) out loud here, but wouldn't it pretty much have to be freeze-dried?Garret

I want to know too???

My son also buys this in powder form, as well as goes to the gym on a regular basis.

Naomi,Great article!  I am hoping to experiment with dehydrating whey to make my own powder.  I currently use whey powder in my drinks and on some foods for the benefits related to hypertension.Thanks for sharing this with us!

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

Are you ready for the payment??

I want to know too???

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

We make Ricotta cheese from the whey. Very easy and fast. The rest of the whey we feed to the pigs

Guest guest

I've made the ricotta too..But,I've learned the whey is suppose to be good for you...I can't see myself drinking ,but maybe cooking

with it would work..LJPS

We make Ricotta cheese from the whey. Very easy and fast. The rest of the whey we feed to the pigs

Guest guest

I just had a thought,couldn't you soak up the whey with a powdered herb,then dehydrate the whey-wetted herbs..

You could use an herb like dandelion,burdock,stinging nettle,or slippery elm...Something that good to take everyday.

That's the only way I can think about to dry whey at home....Then after you dry it,you can fill size 0 capsules and

take 1 or 2 pills of it a day...Whatever,LJPS

Blessings,joan

Guest guest

i've actually seen some directions which say throw out the whey - a real turnoff

to see that authors haven't the imagination to use a nutritious and legitimate

food, though they have figured out how to use many processed and depleted foods,

elaine

Guest guest

I was thinking it might work to reduce the whey by about 60% over low heat and then use the fruit roll up screens in the dehydrator. I'll bet the yield would be small but worth the effort.

Jacque