RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: my doctor says my symptoms are not from the tx meds???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mel, I had the SAME thing, one week it was like I injected water and the next week it kicked my butt.. I just think its the way treatment works... we even wondered if the meds were regulated and we wondered if Scherring made sure that the meds were the same each week, but that was almost 5 years ago when I started tx,, Im sure they are the same and its just the way it works... I think you conveyed it to your doc correctly, maybe he just doesnt know what to do so he is blowing it off,, I dunnoMelodee <melodeedestefano@...> wrote: I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and vary from week to week on this medicine. He said that is why he thinks that it is not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say to him correctly??MelJackie

Guest guest

I had the same exact thought about the medicine. I was wondering how stable the injections really are?? This week has been one of the bad ones. Getting bumps again, finger numbness, still have productive cough and short of breath, also I have sore throat, swollen gland(I think) left of neck,shoulder and knees are very painful, of course a few episodes of GI distress. Isn't life grand! Can't wait until the day comes when I FEEL good! I am plodding along. I keep telling myself there are worse conditions I could have and I am blessed to have the health I have. Mel :)Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Mel, I had the SAME thing, one week it was like I injected water and the next week it kicked my butt.. I just think its the way treatment works... we even wondered if the meds were regulated and we wondered if Scherring made sure that the meds were the same each week, but that was almost 5 years ago when I started tx,, Im sure they are the same and its just the way it works... I think you conveyed it to your doc correctly, maybe he just doesnt know what to do so he is blowing it off,, I dunnoMelodee <melodeedestefano > wrote: I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and vary from week to week on this medicine. He said that is why he thinks that it is

not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say to him correctly??MelJackie

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Guest guest

Sorry but yer doc sounds like a quack ! When I was on tx one day I would be dizzy and the next not and it was because of the changing white blood cells . And that was from the tx meds

my doctor says my symptoms are not from the tx meds???

I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and vary from week to week on this medicine. He said that is why he thinks that it is not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say to him correctly??Mel

Guest guest

Yeah I have to agree with Liz. Honey I experienced the same symptoms as you do, when I was on treatment. He need to read the literature, its all in there. I think . LOL but tell him you have talked to other people with the same symptoms as you. Love and hugs, Janetelizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Sorry but yer doc sounds

like a quack ! When I was on tx one day I would be dizzy and the next not and it was because of the changing white blood cells . And that was from the tx meds my doctor says my symptoms are not from the tx meds??? I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and vary

from week to week on this medicine. He said that is why he thinks that it is not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say to him correctly??Mel Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

I have had good (normal range) blood work since I started. The thing is that I had posted before that me and my sister have "normally" high RBC and WBC counts, so my counts actually have gone down, although they are on the charts as within normal range. They did give me procrit for 2 weeks. It helped. The last visit to the doc's I was unhappy because number one they could not find my chart again, and number two because he said he wanted me to stop the shot for 3 weeks because of the numbness in my fingers. I called the next day and told him that I wanted to stay on. I kinda feel like if I tell him I am feeling bad he will just say go off the meds, your liver is healthy. And like I am sick of hearing how "not sick" I am with the HepC. I do not want to wait until I am in failing health to try to knock out this virus. Oh well so much for my ranting and raving! :) Thanks for all support MelIelizabethnv1

<elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Sorry but yer doc sounds like a quack ! When I was on tx one day I would be dizzy and the next not and it was because of the changing white blood cells . And that was from the tx meds my doctor says my symptoms are not from the tx meds??? I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and vary from week to week on this medicine. He said that is why he thinks that it is not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say to him correctly??Mel

Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Answers. Try it now.

Guest guest

that is typical for me as well. my smyptoms come and go and vary from

week to week also. some days i feel great, some days i feel like crap.

The days i feel good and have energy i enjoy it and savor those days,

and the days i feel like crap i just remember that it will pass and i

take it as easy as my schedule will permit. OTC pain meds and sleep

meds also help make it more comfortable, as well as tons of water. and

i cant drink a lot of caffiene with that Riba, or it makes me amped

out. It can be hard to communicate to the doctors what you want to say

to them too. i kept a diary in the first few months while i was

learning what my sysmptoms were and when i had them the most. that way

i could give my doc very accurate info on what and when i was having

symptoms.

>

> I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and

> vary from week to week on this medicine. He said that is why he

thinks

> that it is not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I

> started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say

to

> him correctly??

> Mel

>

Guest guest

OMG!!! Ramped up is not even close to how hyper I am! I keep telling them that I am so fidgity and nervous. They just look at me. My skin around my fingers is all chewed up. I cut my nails off so I would not pick at my cuticles! Well, then I found a little pair of cuticle siscors! I feel like a hyper maniac sometimes. Sometimes I sit on my hands like a freakin child. I drink all the water constantly and I am still so dry and my throat hurts and chapped lips, yada yada yada... you know the drill! I also am on 100 of Zoloft, so that and the Ribo WOW very hyped. Of course the doc says it has nothing to do with the pills that it is the shot. I disagree. I can tell when the Ribo's are hitting me! And once in a while I have to cut back to 4 a day Thanks Melrichlee7 <rnewton8@...> wrote: that is typical for me as well. my smyptoms come and go and vary from week to week also. some days i feel great, some days i feel like crap. The days i feel good and have energy i enjoy it and savor those days, and the days i feel like crap i just remember that it will pass and i take it as easy as my schedule will permit. OTC pain meds and sleep meds also help make it more comfortable, as well as tons of water. and i cant drink a lot of caffiene with that Riba, or it makes me amped out. It can be hard to communicate to the doctors what you want to say to them too. i kept a diary in the first few months while i was learning

what my sysmptoms were and when i had them the most. that way i could give my doc very accurate info on what and when i was having symptoms. >> I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and > vary from week to week on this medicine. He said that is why he thinks > that it is not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I > started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say to > him correctly??> Mel>

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started.

Guest guest

MEL, MEL, MEL,, YOU MUST NOT 'cut back to 4"!!!! The Riba is the antiviral and that is what is killing the virus... Ask your doc for some ativan for your nerves... but whatever you do, dont cut back on the very thing that is killing the virus,, it is sneaky and will come back rampantly if you dont keep it at bay! jaxmELODEE DESTEFANO <melodeedestefano@...> wrote: OMG!!! Ramped up is not even close to how hyper I am! I keep telling them that I am so fidgity and nervous. They just look at

me. My skin around my fingers is all chewed up. I cut my nails off so I would not pick at my cuticles! Well, then I found a little pair of cuticle siscors! I feel like a hyper maniac sometimes. Sometimes I sit on my hands like a freakin child. I drink all the water constantly and I am still so dry and my throat hurts and chapped lips, yada yada yada... you know the drill! I also am on 100 of Zoloft, so that and the Ribo WOW very hyped. Of course the doc says it has nothing to do with the pills that it is the shot. I disagree. I can tell when the Ribo's are hitting me! And once in a while I have to cut back to 4 a day Thanks Melrichlee7 <rnewton8tampabay (DOT) rr.com> wrote: that is typical for me as well. my smyptoms come and go and vary from week to week also. some days i feel great,

some days i feel like crap. The days i feel good and have energy i enjoy it and savor those days, and the days i feel like crap i just remember that it will pass and i take it as easy as my schedule will permit. OTC pain meds and sleep meds also help make it more comfortable, as well as tons of water. and i cant drink a lot of caffiene with that Riba, or it makes me amped out. It can be hard to communicate to the doctors what you want to say to them too. i kept a diary in the first few months while i was learning what my sysmptoms were and when i had them the most. that way i could give my doc very accurate info on what and when i was having symptoms. >> I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and > vary from week to

week on this medicine. He said that is why he thinks > that it is not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I > started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say to > him correctly??> Mel> No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started. Jackie

Guest guest

ps.. I am pretty sure it is from the meds but even if it isnt, please ask your doc for some ativan for your nerves,, if the gastro wont give them to you, ask your PCP... it will really help!!!mELODEE DESTEFANO <melodeedestefano@...> wrote: OMG!!! Ramped up is not even close to how hyper I am! I keep telling them that I am so fidgity and nervous. They just look at me. My skin around my fingers is all chewed up. I cut my nails off so I would not pick at my cuticles! Well, then I found a little pair of cuticle

siscors! I feel like a hyper maniac sometimes. Sometimes I sit on my hands like a freakin child. I drink all the water constantly and I am still so dry and my throat hurts and chapped lips, yada yada yada... you know the drill! I also am on 100 of Zoloft, so that and the Ribo WOW very hyped. Of course the doc says it has nothing to do with the pills that it is the shot. I disagree. I can tell when the Ribo's are hitting me! And once in a while I have to cut back to 4 a day Thanks Melrichlee7 <rnewton8tampabay (DOT) rr.com> wrote: that is typical for me as well. my smyptoms come and go and vary from week to week also. some days i feel great, some days i feel like crap. The days i feel good and have energy i enjoy it and savor those days, and the days i feel like crap i just

remember that it will pass and i take it as easy as my schedule will permit. OTC pain meds and sleep meds also help make it more comfortable, as well as tons of water. and i cant drink a lot of caffiene with that Riba, or it makes me amped out. It can be hard to communicate to the doctors what you want to say to them too. i kept a diary in the first few months while i was learning what my sysmptoms were and when i had them the most. that way i could give my doc very accurate info on what and when i was having symptoms. >> I was trying to explain to my doctor how my symptoms come and go and > vary from week to week on this medicine. He said that is why he thinks > that it is not the medicine. ???? I did not have all this until I >

started the tx for HVC. Maybe I am not conveying what I need to say to > him correctly??> Mel> No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with for Mobile. Get started. Jackie