RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Natural blood thinners

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Would someone be kind enough to re-post the " natural " anti-clotting foods,

supplements,etc. I've read about over the last year or so on this list. I

seem to remember a list had been compiled at one point.

Is anyone using these alternatives and getting results? Or are Heparin type

meds necessary for improvement?

I was tested at the special lab, name escapes me, for we CFS'ers who

suspect this problem and my blood work came back normal. Of course I've

since been told that if one has been ill for more than 5-7 years(?) the

results could be false negative.

Any info' would be appreciated.

M-

-----

Guest guest

From what I'm learning, I'll need to stay on Coumadin for six months, to give by body time to get rid of blood that clotted and may be stuck somewhere. I hate the stuff! . . . If I can work my dosage down to 2 mg. by adding a bit of Vitamin E, I may be able to get rid of the headaches. Keeping my fingers crossed! After six months, I'm going natural, regardless!Rogene

Guest guest

From what I'm learning, I'll need to stay on Coumadin for six months, to give by body time to get rid of blood that clotted and may be stuck somewhere. I hate the stuff! . . . If I can work my dosage down to 2 mg. by adding a bit of Vitamin E, I may be able to get rid of the headaches. Keeping my fingers crossed! After six months, I'm going natural, regardless!Rogene

Guest guest

My fingers are crossed Rogene! I am so sorry you are dealing with

this - makes me sad.

Love, Lynn

>

> From what I'm learning, I'll need to stay on Coumadin for six months,

to give by body time to get rid of blood that clotted and may be stuck

somewhere.

>

> I hate the stuff! . . . If I can work my dosage down to 2 mg. by

adding a bit of Vitamin E, I may be able to get rid of the headaches.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

>

> After six months, I'm going natural, regardless!

>

> Rogene

>

Guest guest

My fingers are crossed Rogene! I am so sorry you are dealing with

this - makes me sad.

Love, Lynn

>

> From what I'm learning, I'll need to stay on Coumadin for six months,

to give by body time to get rid of blood that clotted and may be stuck

somewhere.

>

> I hate the stuff! . . . If I can work my dosage down to 2 mg. by

adding a bit of Vitamin E, I may be able to get rid of the headaches.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

>

> After six months, I'm going natural, regardless!

>

> Rogene

>

Guest guest

Rogene, I just looked this drup up. It can cause leg and foot pain too. I am so sorry that you must go through this. I have not had any headaches, but I have fatigue...it was not listed!

Honey, if you are a diabetic you should not be on this drug. It really sounds like you have an allergy to this drug. I woner if Lovenox would be better for you until you find something that is natural.

Take care, love you.........Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Re: Natural blood thinners

Guest guest

Rogene, I just looked this drup up. It can cause leg and foot pain too. I am so sorry that you must go through this. I have not had any headaches, but I have fatigue...it was not listed!

Honey, if you are a diabetic you should not be on this drug. It really sounds like you have an allergy to this drug. I woner if Lovenox would be better for you until you find something that is natural.

Take care, love you.........Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Guest guest

Thanks all . . . Don't worry about me . . . I'm going to be fine.I'm getting an education, up close and personal while I'm at it!Hugs,Rogene

Guest guest

Thanks all . . . Don't worry about me . . . I'm going to be fine.I'm getting an education, up close and personal while I'm at it!Hugs,Rogene

Guest guest

Thanks Lea,Thankfully I'm not diabetic . . . I can relate to fatigue though! I did take Lovenox for 18 days. Not only is it terribly expensive, makes horrible bruises, but it gave me muscle spasms from head to foot as well as made my feet burn worse. (Erythromelalgia)I checked the Erythromelalgia group the other day . . . Something I learned was that people with EM may have problems with many medications. They don't say why . . . but I certainly can relate. There are very few medications that don't give me problems.It may be genetic . . . My mother didn't do well with meds. When she finally started taking them, she went downhill fast. My daughter has bad reactions

too.Hugs,Rogene

Guest guest

Thanks Lea,Thankfully I'm not diabetic . . . I can relate to fatigue though! I did take Lovenox for 18 days. Not only is it terribly expensive, makes horrible bruises, but it gave me muscle spasms from head to foot as well as made my feet burn worse. (Erythromelalgia)I checked the Erythromelalgia group the other day . . . Something I learned was that people with EM may have problems with many medications. They don't say why . . . but I certainly can relate. There are very few medications that don't give me problems.It may be genetic . . . My mother didn't do well with meds. When she finally started taking them, she went downhill fast. My daughter has bad reactions

too.Hugs,Rogene

Guest guest

Rogene ~not worrying is easier than done ! !

Please keep us posted on everything that is

going on with you........Love you ~ DedeDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

Rogene ~not worrying is easier than done ! !

Please keep us posted on everything that is

going on with you........Love you ~ DedeDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

Rogene, honey, we know that many people complain about extreme fatigue while on Coumadin. My friend who is 84 was doing great; however, he did complain about fatigue. He went on a cruise, and it was too much for him. I just wish that we could find something that was safer. The problem with the natural blood thinners is that we are told that they do not protect us from having more PEs...what thinks thee?

I heard on one of the legal movies that Coumarin...like Coumadin is a long- term lung specific carcinogen! My lungs are doing much, better since I have been taking blood thinners. We will have to find the move that talked about this. My breathing is still compromised, and the doctors told me that I need to do more breathing exercises.

This syndrome seems to affect silicone-implanted women than saline, not sure though. All silicone breast implants are different...Oi!

Love you always.....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Thanks Lea,Thankfully I'm not diabetic . . . I can relate to fatigue though! I did take Lovenox for 18 days. Not only is it terribly expensive, makes horrible bruises, but it gave me muscle spasms from head to foot as well as made my feet burn worse. (Erythromelalgia)I checked the Erythromelalgia group the other day . . . Something I learned was that people with EM may have problems with many medications. They don't say why . . . but I certainly can relate. There are very few medications that don't give me problems.It may be genetic . . . My mother didn't do well with meds. When she finally started taking them, she went downhill fast. My daughter has bad reactions too.Hugs,Rogene

Guest guest

Rogene, honey, we know that many people complain about extreme fatigue while on Coumadin. My friend who is 84 was doing great; however, he did complain about fatigue. He went on a cruise, and it was too much for him. I just wish that we could find something that was safer. The problem with the natural blood thinners is that we are told that they do not protect us from having more PEs...what thinks thee?

I heard on one of the legal movies that Coumarin...like Coumadin is a long- term lung specific carcinogen! My lungs are doing much, better since I have been taking blood thinners. We will have to find the move that talked about this. My breathing is still compromised, and the doctors told me that I need to do more breathing exercises.

This syndrome seems to affect silicone-implanted women than saline, not sure though. All silicone breast implants are different...Oi!

Love you always.....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Thanks Lea,Thankfully I'm not diabetic . . . I can relate to fatigue though! I did take Lovenox for 18 days. Not only is it terribly expensive, makes horrible bruises, but it gave me muscle spasms from head to foot as well as made my feet burn worse. (Erythromelalgia)I checked the Erythromelalgia group the other day . . . Something I learned was that people with EM may have problems with many medications. They don't say why . . . but I certainly can relate. There are very few medications that don't give me problems.It may be genetic . . . My mother didn't do well with meds. When she finally started taking them, she went downhill fast. My daughter has bad reactions too.Hugs,Rogene

Guest guest

Thanks Lea,I'm convinced that doctors prefer to treat us with drugs, rather than natural products. . . I'm sure it's less time consuming . .. and they can't be sued if they are following standard medical practices. I reduced my dose by 1/3 . . . the doctor didn't flip out . . . I'll get tested again Friday . . . Hopefully I can reduce it again!My goal is to get my dose down to 2 mg daily. . . . Ten milligrams scares the wits out of me. . . On the other hand, if my blood is so sticky that it takes that much to keep it thin, I really, really need to stay on it. . . as much as I hate it! Right now, my risks of another PE are very high without Comumadin.According to information I found, I'm

really, really lucky that things weren't much worse. . . 200,000 people die annually in the States from PEs.Love,Rogene

Guest guest

Thanks Lea,I'm convinced that doctors prefer to treat us with drugs, rather than natural products. . . I'm sure it's less time consuming . .. and they can't be sued if they are following standard medical practices. I reduced my dose by 1/3 . . . the doctor didn't flip out . . . I'll get tested again Friday . . . Hopefully I can reduce it again!My goal is to get my dose down to 2 mg daily. . . . Ten milligrams scares the wits out of me. . . On the other hand, if my blood is so sticky that it takes that much to keep it thin, I really, really need to stay on it. . . as much as I hate it! Right now, my risks of another PE are very high without Comumadin.According to information I found, I'm

really, really lucky that things weren't much worse. . . 200,000 people die annually in the States from PEs.Love,Rogene

Guest guest

Oh, Rogene, your dose is so high; however, we have a friend who works at the Keg restaurant, and he is on 7mg, and his father is Dr. Shapiro, and he is on staff at a Montreal hospital. This young man will never give me asparagus, because he worries about me. He told us that he has two drinks of alcohol each day. We should never drink alcohol, when on this drug.

Honey, please stay on this drug, until your doctor finds a better level for you. I am on 2mg, and nothing has changed...this is the correct dose for me.

Stay close, and know how much that you are loved...Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Thanks Lea,I'm convinced that doctors prefer to treat us with drugs, rather than natural products. . . I'm sure it's less time consuming . .. and they can't be sued if they are following standard medical practices. I reduced my dose by 1/3 . . . the doctor didn't flip out . . . I'll get tested again Friday . . . Hopefully I can reduce it again!My goal is to get my dose down to 2 mg daily. . . . Ten milligrams scares the wits out of me. . . On the other hand, if my blood is so sticky that it takes that much to keep it thin, I really, really need to stay on it. . . as much as I hate it! Right now, my risks of another PE are very high without Comumadin.According to information I found, I'm really, really lucky that things weren't much worse. . . 200,000 people die annually in the States from PEs.Love,Rogene

Guest guest

Oh, Rogene, your dose is so high; however, we have a friend who works at the Keg restaurant, and he is on 7mg, and his father is Dr. Shapiro, and he is on staff at a Montreal hospital. This young man will never give me asparagus, because he worries about me. He told us that he has two drinks of alcohol each day. We should never drink alcohol, when on this drug.

Honey, please stay on this drug, until your doctor finds a better level for you. I am on 2mg, and nothing has changed...this is the correct dose for me.

Stay close, and know how much that you are loved...Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Thanks Lea,I'm convinced that doctors prefer to treat us with drugs, rather than natural products. . . I'm sure it's less time consuming . .. and they can't be sued if they are following standard medical practices. I reduced my dose by 1/3 . . . the doctor didn't flip out . . . I'll get tested again Friday . . . Hopefully I can reduce it again!My goal is to get my dose down to 2 mg daily. . . . Ten milligrams scares the wits out of me. . . On the other hand, if my blood is so sticky that it takes that much to keep it thin, I really, really need to stay on it. . . as much as I hate it! Right now, my risks of another PE are very high without Comumadin.According to information I found, I'm really, really lucky that things weren't much worse. . . 200,000 people die annually in the States from PEs.Love,Rogene

Guest guest

Dede,

Sticky blood really isn't a medical term - you know that . . .

There are some blood tests to determine if one is genetically at risk for clotting. I can't remember the names right now.

I joined 's Thrombosis support group .recently . . Lots of good information there! They can tell you the name of the tests. Or, when I see the names again, I'll send them to you.

The risk factors go up dramatically as one ages . . .especially for those on certain drugs - most especially birth control drugs, or homone replacement drugs. . . . To the point that a woman of 50 on birth control pills has a 50% chance of thrombosis during an airplane trip.

Someone in the group suggested that they should test all women for these clotting tendencies before prescribing birth control pills or hormone replacement pills.

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Lea,

Actually a small glass of wine is OK . . . "Drinking" is not.

They said the main thing I need to to is to be consistent . . . I've never done anything consistentialy in my life! . . . But I'm trying!

Using supplements would be much easier because I'd know how much I was getting every day. . . It's ever so much harder to do with food! They are cautioning me about supplement, but not forbidding them.

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Rogene, how are you this morning? I want to do so many things today, but my leg is still hurting. My family doctor told me yesterday, that my rheumatologist should send me to an orthopedic surgeon. We are afraid that they will want to do surgery, and they do not know what is wrong...stupid idiots.com.

Honey, we will get through all this; however, we will have to be our own doctors. 's boss and his wife are coming to stay over, and we are all going out for dinner. One of the professors is moving to Saskatchewan...who would move there? They will be joining us as well, and I have told them that they will have to come to us. My leg might not last through a dinner, but we can come back to our home.

Life must go on....love you so.......Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Lea,

They said the main thing I need to to is to be consistent . . . I've never done anything consistentialy in my life! . . . But I'm trying!

Using supplements would be much easier because I'd know how much I was getting every day. . . It's ever so much harder to do with food! They are cautioning me about supplement, but not forbidding them.

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Rogene, how are you this morning? I want to do so many things today, but my leg is still hurting. My family doctor told me yesterday, that my rheumatologist should send me to an orthopedic surgeon. We are afraid that they will want to do surgery, and they do not know what is wrong...stupid idiots.com.

Honey, we will get through all this; however, we will have to be our own doctors. 's boss and his wife are coming to stay over, and we are all going out for dinner. One of the professors is moving to Saskatchewan...who would move there? They will be joining us as well, and I have told them that they will have to come to us. My leg might not last through a dinner, but we can come back to our home.

Life must go on....love you so.......Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Lea,

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Hi Lea,They did the INR (clotting time test) this morning . . . It's down to 2.0 on 5 mg. . . but they're going to leave it at that for now. My headaches are better on the lower dose.Good news . . . my bone density scan this morning was normal. (Calcium/Magnesium/D is doing its job) . . still waiting results from swallowing test and culture of my ear. . . I'll see an ear surgeon next week. I'll be thrilled when I can put all these doctors appointments behind me!I hope you can get something done about that knee and those capsules . .. Soon!Love,Rogene

Guest guest

Honey, this is good news, because you were on such a high dose. You will do just fine on this dose. I have my INRs once a month, but my sister has to have them done every week. She had to have three transfusions, and she is at risk of another bleeding episode. Her doctor told her to move closer to her daughters, because she is worried that my sister will not make it to the phone to call 911. The last time she expelled a bit of gas and it was blood, and it would not stop, that time she was lucky because her friend took her to the ER. That rotten shunt has destroyed her life, but it saved her life too. Her Neurosurgeon told her that if he were to change the shunt, he would give her a 50% chance of surviving...she will not have the surgery.

Please stay positive....love you....Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Hi Lea,They did the INR (clotting time test) this morning . . . It's down to 2.0 on 5 mg. . . but they're going to leave it at that for now. My headaches are better on the lower dose.Good news . . . my bone density scan this morning was normal. (Calcium/Magnesium/D is doing its job) . . still waiting results from swallowing test and culture of my ear. . . I'll see an ear surgeon next week. I'll be thrilled when I can put all these doctors appointments behind me!I hope you can get something done about that knee and those capsules . .. Soon!Love,Rogene