RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: thyroid dysfunction in PA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 9/11/06 11:23:58 AM, val@... writes:

Thank you for this, Dr. Grim.  My "theory" of the connection of my parathyroid adenoma, hypothyroidism, K, aldosterone and renin is probably correct, but apparently little is known about it. 

Val

Yes and you will need an expert in thyroid and adrenal endo to figure it out. Where do you live-city?

May your pressure be low!

C.E. Grim, B.S., M.S., M.D.

Specializing in Difficult to Control High Blood Pressure

and the Physiology and History of Survival During

Hard Times and Heart Disease today.

Guest guest

Thank you for this, Dr. Grim. My "theory" of the connection of my parathyroid adenoma, hypothyroidism, K, aldosterone and renin is probably correct, but apparently little is known about it.

Val

-----Original Message-----From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ]On Behalf Of lowerbp2@...

Recenti Prog Med. 2005 Jul-Aug;96(7-8):352-6. [High prevalence of thyroid disfunction in primary hyperaldosteronism]Santori C, Di Veroli C, Di Lazzaro F, Caliumi C, Petramala L, Cotesta D, IorioM, Serra V, Celi M, D'Erasmo E, Letizia C.Day Hospital di Medicina Interna e dell'Ipertensione Arteriosa, Dipartimento diScienze Cliniche.Primary hyperaldosteronism is associated with other endocrinology pathologies,like pheochromocytoma, Cushing's syndrome, hyperprolactinemia, primaryhyperparathyroidism and a type of multiple endocrine neoplasia. Furthermore,association between hyperaldosteronism and thyroid diseases were already pointedout. Aim of the study was to value the prevalence of some thyroid diseases in aseries of patients with primary hyperaldosteronism. We studied 105 consecutivepatients with primary hyperaldosteronism, 43 (40.95%) with adrenal adenoma, 62(50.05%) with bilateral adrenal hyperplasia and a control group of 223 patientswith essential arterial hypertension. In all patients we tested thyroid function(FT3, FT4, TSH), thyroid antibodies (AbTPO, AbTG) and, sometimes, thyroidmorphology by ultrasonography (US scan). The results of the study show thatthyroid disfunction occur in 28.6% of patients with primary hyperaldosteronismand in 16.6% of patients with essential hypertension, with a statisticallysignificative difference (chi2 = 0.012). At present, the relationship betweenprimary hyperaldosteronism and thyroid diseases is unclear, but it can behypothesized that there are common pathogenetic mechanisms, like an imbalancebetween various growth factors. Further studies are necessary to confirm theresults of our study.

Guest guest

I am in the Denver metro area. The last endo I saw was at U of Colo med school/hospital. I am not at all impressed with it. 30 years ago, my dad was in there, very ill. He had to get up and walk down the hall to find a pillow. We finally took him to Mayo in Rochester where he got a prompt diagnosis and treatment. If I am unable to maintain and control, I will do that as well.

This time with me, I spent a full year trying to get my bill straighted out and they ended up turning it over to a credit bureau. Seems that they cannot process web-based payments.

Val

-----Original Message-----From: lowerbp2@...

Yes and you will need an expert in thyroid and adrenal endo to figure it out. Where do you live-city?

Guest guest

In a message dated 9/11/06 12:35:45 PM, val@... writes:

I am in the Denver metro area.  The last endo I saw was at U of Colo med school/hospital.  I am not at all impressed with it.  30 years ago, my dad was in there, very ill. He had to get up and walk down the hall to find a pillow.  We finally took him to Mayo in Rochester where he got a prompt diagnosis and treatment. If I am unable to maintain and control, I will do that as well.

This time with me, I spent a full year trying to get my bill straighted out and they ended up turning it over to a credit bureau.  Seems that they cannot process web-based payments.

Val

-----Original Message-----

Yes and you will need an expert in thyroid and adrenal endo to figure it out.  Where do you live-city?

Mayo is always good. Should be a thryoid and BP expert at the Univ of Colo. You can go to the Am Soc of HTN web site and view the list of boarded HTN experts by state. There are only about 1300 in the US.

May your pressure be low!

C.E. Grim, B.S., M.S., M.D.

Specializing in Difficult to Control High Blood Pressure

and the Physiology and History of Survival During

Hard Times and Heart Disease today.