RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

diarrhea

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone!I have this goiters with nodules, first attempt with Iodoral caused hyperthyroid symptoms, I was adviced to take more magnesium, so I did. Then I tried Iodoral again, with only 6,25 mg, I have had diarrhea ever since. I stopped Iodoral but diarrhea is continuing. I feel nervous. Is this just detox and my detox bathway is diarrhea? Should I continue with Iodoral? I have been doing salt loading, just not sure how many times a day can I do it and how many days in a row? I also take multivitamin, vitamin C, selenium, vitamin B2 and B3 and drink a lot of salt water. When vitamin C and magnesium also can cause diarrhea, should I lower the dose?Thank you in advance!!Johanna

Guest guest

I am sadly familiar with the big D. When I first 'discovered' magnesium and

then again when I first began using vitamin C, I managed to get myself into

trouble. The FORM you take can be perhaps more important than the dose. The

oxide form of magnesium tore me up so much I felt raw in my gut. The citrate

form was better, but it still gave me diarrhea. The glycinate form was the

answer for me. No pain. Easy to figure out how much you can handle without

going over the edge into D. Plain old ascorbic acid really gets my bladder

irritated in small doses in addition to inducing D if I take too much. Even the

buffered form bothers me in that way to a large degree. I now use a whole food

C complex with little difficulty unless I really overdo it. Hope that info will

be useful somehow. D is no fun to deal with and it makes you feel so bad after

a while. Feel better so you can get back to your iodine protocol in full force

: )

>

> Hi everyone!

>

> I have this goiters with nodules, first attempt with Iodoral caused

hyperthyroid

> symptoms, I was adviced to take more magnesium, so I did. Then I tried Iodoral

> again, with only 6,25 mg, I have had diarrhea ever since. I stopped Iodoral

but

> diarrhea is continuing. I feel nervous. Is this just detox and my detox

bathway

> is diarrhea? Should I continue with Iodoral? I have been doing salt loading,

> just not sure how many times a day can I do it and how many days in a row? I

> also take multivitamin, vitamin C, selenium, vitamin B2 and B3 and drink a lot

> of salt water. When vitamin C and magnesium also can cause diarrhea, should I

> lower the dose?

>

> Thank you in advance!!

>

> Johanna

>

Guest guest

Your magnesium most likely. It is used for loosening stool. I have crohn's and celiac's disease and I have found rubbing Magnesium chloride oil on my body and soaking my feet in the flakes are excellent ways for me to get this into my body.. I have no tub but would love to soak in the mag. flakes. These are different ways to get mag. into your body and to me is the most preferred, especially those of us with sensitive stomachs. From:

Johanna Leinonen <johanna.leinonen@...>iodine Sent: Fri, April 22, 2011 1:55:58 AMSubject: diarrhea

Hi everyone!I have this goiters with nodules, first attempt with Iodoral caused hyperthyroid symptoms, I was adviced to take more magnesium, so I did. Then I tried Iodoral again, with only 6,25 mg, I have had diarrhea ever since. I stopped Iodoral but diarrhea is continuing. I feel nervous. Is this just detox and my detox bathway is diarrhea? Should I continue with Iodoral? I have been doing salt loading, just not sure how many times a day can I do it and how many days in a row? I also take multivitamin, vitamin C, selenium, vitamin B2 and B3 and drink a lot of salt water. When vitamin C and magnesium also can cause diarrhea, should I lower the dose?Thank you in advance!!Johanna

Guest guest

How much magnesium and Vit C are you taking and what form of magnesium?

Linn

>

> Hi everyone!

>

> I have this goiters with nodules, first attempt with Iodoral caused

hyperthyroid

> symptoms, I was adviced to take more magnesium, so I did. Then I tried Iodoral

> again, with only 6,25 mg, I have had diarrhea ever since. I stopped Iodoral

but

> diarrhea is continuing. I feel nervous. Is this just detox and my detox

bathway

> is diarrhea? Should I continue with Iodoral? I have been doing salt loading,

> just not sure how many times a day can I do it and how many days in a row? I

> also take multivitamin, vitamin C, selenium, vitamin B2 and B3 and drink a lot

> of salt water. When vitamin C and magnesium also can cause diarrhea, should I

> lower the dose?

>

> Thank you in advance!!

>

> Johanna

>

Guest guest

I found this this week. coconut helps diarrhea.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7396/is_315/ai_n42069530/?tag=content;col1

Joan

> > > >

> > > > Hi everyone!

> > > >

> > > > I have this goiters with nodules, first attempt with Iodoral caused

> > > >hyperthyroid

> > > >

> > > > symptoms, I was adviced to take more magnesium, so I did. Then I tried

> > >Iodoral

> > >

> > >

> > > > again, with only 6,25 mg, I have had diarrhea ever since. I stopped

Iodoral

> >

> > >but

> > >

> > > >

> > > > diarrhea is continuing. I feel nervous. Is this just detox and my detox

> > >bathway

> > >

> > > >

> > > > is diarrhea? Should I continue with Iodoral? I have been doing salt

> >loading,

> >

> >

> > > > just not sure how many times a day can I do it and how many days in a

row?

> >I

> >

> >

> > > > also take multivitamin, vitamin C, selenium, vitamin B2 and B3 and drink

a

>

> > >lot

> > >

> > >

> > > > of salt water. When vitamin C and magnesium also can cause diarrhea,

should

> >I

> >

> > >

> > > > lower the dose?

> > > >

> > > > Thank you in advance!!

> > > >

> > > > Johanna

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Just breaking up the vitamin C doses will likely help and the magnesium oil on your skin should make a huge difference quickly. Often taking too much C  all at one time overwhelms the body. You could break up the 1500 in half if you needed to with a pill cutter. Pam

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 9:11 PM, coloredoctave <joanlulich@...> wrote:

I found this this week. coconut helps diarrhea.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7396/is_315/ai_n42069530/?tag=content;col1

Joan

> > > >

> > > > Hi everyone!

> > > >

> > > >hyperthyroid

> > > >

> > >Iodoral

> > >

> > >

> > > > again, with only 6,25 mg, I have had diarrhea ever since. I stopped Iodoral

> >

> > >but

> > >

> > > >

> > >bathway

> > >

> > > >

> >loading,

> >

> >

> > > > just not sure how many times a day can I do it and how many days in a row?

> >I

> >

> >

> > > > also take multivitamin, vitamin C, selenium, vitamin B2 and B3 and drink a

>

> > >lot

> > >

> > >

> > > > of salt water. When vitamin C and magnesium also can cause diarrhea, should

> >I

> >

> > >

> > > > lower the dose?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Johanna

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I had sample taken from my mouth, it was negative. I don't know, does that show, that there is no candida. I have been without magnesium and vitamin C 48 hours now, and D is not as bad as it was yesterday morning! I will take coconut oil! Thank you everyone!JohannaFrom: Linn <mwm1glm@...>iodine Sent: Mon,

April 25, 2011 6:19:21 AMSubject: Re: diarrhea

One other thought, do you have candida? If so, the iodine could be causing die off.

Linn

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi everyone!

> > > > >

> > > > > I have this goiters with nodules, first attempt with Iodoral caused

> > > > >hyperthyroid

> > > > >

> > > > > symptoms, I was adviced to take more magnesium, so I did. Then I tried

> > > >Iodoral

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > again, with only 6,25 mg, I have had diarrhea ever since. I stopped Iodoral

> > >

> > > >but

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > diarrhea is continuing. I feel nervous. Is this just detox and my detox

> > > >bathway

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > is diarrhea? Should I continue with Iodoral? I have been doing salt

> > >loading,

> > >

> > >

> > > > > just not sure how many times a day can I do it and how many days in a row?

> > >I

> > >

> > >

> > > > > also take multivitamin, vitamin C, selenium, vitamin B2 and B3 and drink a

> >

> > > >lot

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > of salt water. When vitamin C and magnesium also can cause diarrhea, should

> > >I

> > >

> > > >

> > > > > lower the dose?

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you in advance!!

> > > > >

> > > > > Johanna

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

those are all good things to do but I think you will need to get to

at least 50mg Iodoral to start feeling better.

gracia

On 4/24/2011 4:34 PM, Johanna Leinonen wrote:

Thank you for the answers! I just ordered magnesium

oil and have been taking a couple of Epsom salt baths,

the magnesium I have been using orally is bisglysinate

from Solgar and vitamin C is Solgar's 1500 mg (ascorbin

acid) with rosehips. Vitamin A has been synthetic

Country Life, I am stopping it and starting with real

one (cod liver oil). The other supplements are omega 3,

selenium, vitamin B (2,3,5,6,12, PABA,) and natural

B-complex, vitamin D, beta caroten, zinc and

multivitamin. It is just difficult to know, when to take

Iodoral in a picture.

Johanna

Guest guest

Yes I believe that, but when I tried to take more I had hyperthyroid symptoms and an advice to stop Iodoral, take more magnesium and then try to work it up slowly, I had a good start, I slept better with 6,25 mg but then came diarrhea...maybe I have this independently overworking nodule in my thyroid... JohannaFrom: Gracia <circe@...>To:

iodine Sent: Mon, April 25, 2011 5:06:48 PMSubject: Re: Re: diarrhea

those are all good things to do but I think you will need to get to

at least 50mg Iodoral to start feeling better.

gracia

On 4/24/2011 4:34 PM, Johanna Leinonen wrote:

Thank you for the answers! I just ordered magnesium

oil and have been taking a couple of Epsom salt baths,

the magnesium I have been using orally is bisglysinate

from Solgar and vitamin C is Solgar's 1500 mg (ascorbin

acid) with rosehips. Vitamin A has been synthetic

Country Life, I am stopping it and starting with real

one (cod liver oil). The other supplements are omega 3,

selenium, vitamin B (2,3,5,6,12, PABA,) and natural

B-complex, vitamin D, beta caroten, zinc and

multivitamin. It is just difficult to know, when to take

Iodoral in a picture.

Johanna

Guest guest

Has anyone tried the magnesium oil from Swanson Vitamins. It is cheaper and I was wondering if anyone can attest to the quality Thanks much,Have a blessed day,Luci ________________________________> > From: Linn <mwm1glm@...>>> > iodine > > Sent: Sun, April 24, 2011 7:15:33 PM> > Subject: Re: diarrhea> >> >> > Yes, that would be correct. Have you tried magnesium oil instead of an> oral> > supplement? Or even substituting magnesium baths (Epsom salts)? Depending> on> > the amount of damage from the Celiac disease you might be better off> focusing on> > skin absorption rather than oral. What kind of Vit A are you taking? What>> > other types of supplements do you take? Stopping everything for a few> days> > would be prudent and then maybe start over with smaller amounts of the> Vit C or> > maybe even try a different form of Vit C. Some are harder on the stomach> than> > others. Magnesium glycinate seems to be the easiest on stomach issues.> >> >> > Linn

Guest guest

I use the magnesium chloride oil and the flakes. Yes, they were very well for me and I like the quality that are in their products. From: Luci Tenenbaum <lutenenbaum@...>iodine Sent: Mon, April 25, 2011 5:01:21 PMSubject: Re: diarrhea

Has anyone tried the magnesium oil from Swanson Vitamins. It is cheaper and I was wondering if anyone can attest to the quality Thanks much,Have a blessed day,Luci ________________________________> > From: Linn <mwm1glm@...>>> > iodine > > Sent: Sun, April 24, 2011 7:15:33 PM> > Subject: Re: diarrhea> >> >> > Yes, that would be correct. Have you tried magnesium oil instead of an> oral> > supplement? Or even substituting

magnesium baths (Epsom salts)? Depending> on> > the amount of damage from the Celiac disease you might be better off> focusing on> > skin absorption rather than oral. What kind of Vit A are you taking? What>> > other types of supplements do you take? Stopping everything for a few> days> > would be prudent and then maybe start over with smaller amounts of the> Vit C or> > maybe even try a different form of Vit C. Some are harder on the stomach> than> > others. Magnesium glycinate seems to be the easiest on stomach issues.> >> >> > Linn

Guest guest

Quality is excellent and many of us here use it.  I do myself, daily.I contacted the company and can send you the stats on it if you want.  I sent them to but haven't checked to see if she uploaded it into the files.

JaxiOn Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Luci Tenenbaum <lutenenbaum@...> wrote:

Has anyone tried the magnesium oil from Swanson Vitamins.  It is cheaper and I was wondering if anyone can attest to the quality  Thanks much,Have a blessed day,

Luci ________________________________> > From: Linn <mwm1glm@...>>> > iodine

> > Sent: Sun, April 24, 2011 7:15:33 PM> > Subject: Re: diarrhea> >> >> > Yes, that would be correct. Have you tried magnesium oil instead of an> oral> > supplement? Or even substituting magnesium baths (Epsom salts)? Depending

> on> > the amount of damage from the Celiac disease you might be better off> focusing on> > skin absorption rather than oral. What kind of Vit A are you taking? What>> > other types of supplements do you take? Stopping everything for a few

> days> > would be prudent and then maybe start over with smaller amounts of the> Vit C or> > maybe even try a different form of Vit C. Some are harder on the stomach> than> > others. Magnesium glycinate seems to be the easiest on stomach issues.

> >> >> > Linn

Guest guest

You can take 2-3 pounds of magnesium flakes and add that to hot water and make your own magnesium oil. I used to do nigari from Japan that was food quality. Not likely to do now though.PamOn Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM, jaxi <jaxi.schulz@...> wrote:

Quality is excellent and many of us here use it.  I do myself, daily.I contacted the company and can send you the stats on it if you want.  I sent them to but haven't checked to see if she uploaded it into the files.

JaxiOn Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Luci Tenenbaum <lutenenbaum@...> wrote:

Has anyone tried the magnesium oil from Swanson Vitamins.  It is cheaper and I was wondering if anyone can attest to the quality  Thanks much,Have a blessed day,

Luci ________________________________> > From: Linn <mwm1glm@...>>> > iodine

> > Sent: Sun, April 24, 2011 7:15:33 PM> > Subject: Re: diarrhea> >> >> > Yes, that would be correct. Have you tried magnesium oil instead of an> oral> > supplement? Or even substituting magnesium baths (Epsom salts)? Depending

> on> > the amount of damage from the Celiac disease you might be better off> focusing on> > skin absorption rather than oral. What kind of Vit A are you taking? What>> > other types of supplements do you take? Stopping everything for a few

> days> > would be prudent and then maybe start over with smaller amounts of the> Vit C or> > maybe even try a different form of Vit C. Some are harder on the stomach> than> > others. Magnesium glycinate seems to be the easiest on stomach issues.

> >> >> > Linn

Guest guest

Even using epsom salt in a bath or magnesium chloride flakes in a bath can cause

diarrhea if you soak too long in the bath and absorb too much. Limit the bath to

20 or 30 minutes. Still the bath is a lot less likely to cause diarrhea. If you

have diarrhea with oral magnesium this will mean that you are not absorbing much

at all if any since it is simply racing through to digestive tract.

> > > >

> > > > Hi everyone!

> > > >

> > > >hyperthyroid

> > > >

> > >Iodoral

> > >

> > >

> > > > again, with only 6,25 mg, I have had diarrhea ever since. I stopped

Iodoral

> >

> > >but

> > >

> > > >

> > >bathway

> > >

> > > >

> >loading,

> >

> >

> > > > just not sure how many times a day can I do it and how many days in a

row?

> >I

> >

> >

> > > > also take multivitamin, vitamin C, selenium, vitamin B2 and B3 and drink

a

>

> > >lot

> > >

> > >

> > > > of salt water. When vitamin C and magnesium also can cause diarrhea,

should

> >I

> >

> > >

> > > > lower the dose?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Johanna

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hello Rae,

Diarrhea can be a bromide detox symptom. Be sure you are taking the companion nutrients . If you start to get this and other detox symptoms, you can do the Salt Loading Protocol. Both the companion supplements and the procedure for salt loading are in our Guide to Supplementing with Iodine in our Files. You can try taking iodine 5 days a week and be off of it 2 days a week. You will just have to experiment and see what works best for you.

Best,

-Kathleen

Diarrhea

If I start getting diarrhea does it mean I need to take less iodine . I am up to 10 drops in less then 3 weeks. I am hoping to get my energy back. My immune system is awful. Any suggestions are welcome . Rae

Guest guest

Hi Rae,

I’m new to the list but not iodine supplementing. I’ve an immune system that is deficient so I can relate. The diarrhea is more than likely due to exactly that, the immune system. I typically have this issue if I eat out, there are some bacteria out there my body does not tolerate. I do pretty good with the coffee shops with coffee but on occasion it’ll hit me like that too, the rhea! I take a lot of iodine, lots! =) The rhea situation has improved over the time I’ve added iodine into my body and actually improves this condition in the long term. In the meantime replenish your body with much needed minerals, pure water and seasalt, won’t hurt to add some probiotics after the rhea.

Have you tried boosting your immune system with Coriolus (turkey tail)? It is a life saver for the immune system.

Hope this helps.

Lulu

Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:36 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Diarrhea

Maybe - sometimes you get diarrhea and it is unrelated.

I always try to not borrow trouble from tomorrow. If I have to deal with a negative issue then I do it at the time and don't worry about what might happen. :)

Diarrhea

If I start getting diarrhea does it mean I need to take less iodine . I am up to 10 drops in less then 3 weeks. I am hoping to get my energy back. My immune system is awful. Any suggestions are welcome . Rae

Guest guest

praise God for you and your moderators. I have hope for the first time in years. I am also praying that the diabeties goes back to he & % and in turn totally rids me of G. That would probably take a miracle but I have had a few amazing miracles that have defied the doctors and am believing for another one. I kick that death angel out of my life every chance I get. Hugs rae From:

" Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...> iodine Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2012 7:24 PM Subject: Re: Diarrhea

That is wonderful that you are off 3 meds! PTL! I would check into pulse dosing before going off of it totally. I had to do that on my journey. It is explained in the supplementing with iodine document.

Sounds like you are on your way to healing!

Diarrhea

Guest guest

I should check it out but going raw with GP almost threw me back into the hospital in 2008 since the gut barely moved. i am on Domperidone but my heart acted funny on a higher dose so I am taking just the minimun dose. So i will just keep doing the lugols and just introduce a little raw food at a time. Boy I could fill the cars of my town with all the gas I have right now. Is that a detox effect. Poor dog yelped under the covers one night when I let one go and I never seen a dog scramble to get out of there so fast. poor baby was begging for fresh air. Also about the spunk, I keep asking why I keep going to deaths doors and being told I'm dying and then get to stun the doctors . I asked God to find someone else to entertain that death angel because I just now want some kind of life. My sister says God must have a great

plan for me to allow me to go through so much hardship but I would rather just have a normal boring life with a cute husband of my own on the side . Have a great nite. rae From: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...> iodine Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2012 8:16 PM Subject: Re: Diarrhea

I love your spunk! I love defying the odds. One of these days (probably when I finish my book) I am going to contact my old endo who told me I would be dead if I took Armour thyroid and didn't do the external beam radiation. That was January 16th, 2006.

Have you watched the movie Raw for 30 Days ? It really impacted me. I know that food is important but these people's stories of healing from severe diabetes was amazing!

Diarrhea

Guest guest

On eating raw - I cannot digest leafy greens normally, but can in green smoothies. Is that something you have tried?

May help you cope better with the fibre.

Diarrhea

Guest guest

A person with gastroparesis can't cope well with fiber even in a smoothie. Having a paralyzed stomach causes the fiber to congeal into a mass called a bezoar. Juice extractors are the only way to get the nutrients and omit the fiber for someone with GP. From: Marsh <hmarsh@...> iodine Sent: Monday,

January 9, 2012 6:08 PM Subject: Re: Diarrhea

On eating raw - I cannot digest leafy greens normally, but can in green smoothies. Is that something you have tried?

May help you cope better with the fibre.

Diarrhea