RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Putting stuff in mouth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My seven year old who has Hypothyroidism,

whom I have been treating with Iodine for 1-2 yrs.

puts everything in her mouth & likes chewing

on toys, erasers, fabric etc.

Of course baby's grow out of that but she hasn't.

My NLD group (Non-Verbal Learning Disability) group

gave the advice that I s/ either put her on drugs,

(which I won't) or that she has a mineral imbalance/deficiency.

She did test severely deficient in Vitamin D but that is the only

thing I have tested her for thus far.

Anyone know any more about this?

Thanks,

Ali

Guest guest

Sounds like it may be pica which is an iron deficiency.

Steph

Putting stuff in mouth

My seven year old who has Hypothyroidism,whom I have been treating with Iodine for 1-2 yrs.puts everything in her mouth & likes chewingon toys, erasers, fabric etc.Of course baby's grow out of that but she hasn't.My NLD group (Non-Verbal Learning Disability) groupgave the advice that I s/ either put her on drugs,(which I won't) or that she has a mineral imbalance/deficiency.She did test severely deficient in Vitamin D but that is the onlything I have tested her for thus far.Anyone know any more about this?Thanks,Ali

Guest guest

I found many products that say they have trace minerals.Can you suggest a good brand?Many Thanks.AliOn Nov 29, 2010, at 6:16 PM, Pamela Valley wrote:Pika is what drs call this. I would try some trace minerals from www.vitacost.com I have used the super concentrated mineral drops and also the Fulvic mineral complex. They both taste fine but store in fridge. I have a friend who ate dirt when pregnant and that is what the dr told her she needed and apparently isn't that uncommon. The D3 shortage may be affecting her digestion. She may also benefit from magnesium to support her enzymes or mega digestive enzymes if she isn't digesting well. Best of luck. Trace mineral shortages are linked to many different common ailments that cause much grief and disease. That is why farmers spend a dollar a week to keep their herds from having common human ailments. We would be wise to do the same. PamOn Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM, A. <rubyrain11@...> wrote: My seven year old who has Hypothyroidism,whom I have been treating with Iodine for 1-2 yrs.puts everything in her mouth & likes chewingon toys, erasers, fabric etc.Of course baby's grow out of that but she hasn't.My NLD group (Non-Verbal Learning Disability) groupgave the advice that I s/ either put her on drugs,(which I won't) or that she has a mineral imbalance/deficiency.She did test severely deficient in Vitamin D but that is the onlything I have tested her for thus far.Anyone know any more about this?Thanks,Ali

Guest guest

Thank you.I just started giving her Zinc.What dose is suggested?Does BioMedical mean Medical?If so, I found that alternative is the medicine that bestworks for my family.What is a Dan doctor?No I don't have a doctor for her, although I found a Neurologistwho treats learning disabilities through detox which we may visit soon.I am outside SF in CA.Thank you.AliOn Nov 29, 2010, at 6:26 PM, Fund wrote:You may want to join some of the where parents are treating their non verbal children with various biomdical interventions. Lots of great info to learn. Biomedheads@groups or @groups It could be a zinc deficiency. Often when zinc is low copper is high. Do you have a DAN doctor? and Neubrander are in Edison, NJ and are very good. From: A. <rubyrain11@...>Subject: Putting stuff in mouthiodine Date: Monday, November 29, 2010, 8:58 PM My seven year old who has Hypothyroidism,whom I have been treating with Iodine for 1-2 yrs.puts everything in her mouth & likes chewingon toys, erasers, fabric etc.Of course baby's grow out of that but she hasn't.My NLD group (Non-Verbal Learning Disability) groupgave the advice that I s/ either put her on drugs,(which I won't) or that she has a mineral imbalance/deficiency.She did test severely deficient in Vitamin D but that is the onlything I have tested her for thus far.Anyone know any more about this?Thanks,Ali

Guest guest

Your daughter may have a sensory integration disorder. An occupational therapist could help with that.DebbieFrom: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>Subject: Re: Putting stuff in mouthiodine Date: Monday, November 29, 2010, 8:11 PM

Sounds like it may be pica which is an iron deficiency.

Steph

Putting stuff in mouth

My seven year old who has Hypothyroidism,whom I have been treating with Iodine for 1-2 yrs.puts everything in her mouth & likes chewingon toys, erasers, fabric etc.Of course baby's grow out of that but she hasn't.My NLD group (Non-Verbal Learning Disability) groupgave the advice that I s/ either put her on drugs,(which I won't) or that she has a mineral imbalance/deficiency.She did test severely deficient in Vitamin D but that is the onlything I have tested her for thus far.Anyone know any more about this?Thanks,Ali

Guest guest

I agree with the zinc recommendation. My son is/was a big mouther (he is ADHD with some autistic traits) but this mostly disappeared with zinc supp. I noticed him doing it again. This was after he'd been off zinc for about two weeks. His levels are " normal " but obviously he needs it.

DAN! doctors are those using biomedical treatments for autism and adhd and other related disorders (like PDD-NOS, sensory disorders, etc)I would try zinc for now before adding a group of minerals. Some kids get too high in copper or iron, and that's not so good!

Here is a supp guide I use from Dr. R.http://www.icdrc.org/documents/Rossignol%20simplified%20biomed%20autism%20file%202009.pdf

-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Guest guest

"Bio-medical" refers to treatment methods that address underlying biological & medical issues in kids with ADD/autism & related conditions. (These were looked at as PSYCHOLOGICAL issues for a long time, so nobody was treating the contributing factors.) MANY kids with these conditions have very unhealthy guts, which in turn causes them to absorb nutrients poorly, which leads to a cascade of other issues. Many of the symptoms improve if you can heal the gut, clean up the dietDAN! (Defeat Autism Now!) doctors are people who specialize in the above biomedical treatments ( & they treat more than just autism.) There are quite a range of practitioners under this banner, from very mainstream docs who prescribe very mainstream drugs to really Out There alternative practitioners. What they have in common is that they try to address nutritional deficiencies, detoxification, healing the gut, finding hidden allergies, etc., etc.AnneOn Nov 29, 2010, at 7:17 PM, Alison Trotta-Marshall wrote: Thank you.I just started giving her Zinc.What dose is suggested?Does BioMedical mean Medical?If so, I found that alternative is the medicine that bestworks for my family.What is a Dan doctor?No I don't have a doctor for her, although I found a Neurologistwho treats learning disabilities through detox which we may visit soon.I am outside SF in CA.Thank you.AliOn Nov 29, 2010, at 6:26 PM, Fund wrote:You may want to join some of the where parents are treating their non verbal children with various biomdical interventions. Lots of great info to learn. Biomedheads@groups or @groups It could be a zinc deficiency. Often when zinc is low copper is high. Do you have a DAN doctor? and Neubrander are in Edison, NJ and are very good. From: A. <rubyrain11@...>Subject: Putting stuff in mouthiodine Date: Monday, November 29, 2010, 8:58 PM My seven year old who has Hypothyroidism,whom I have been treating with Iodine for 1-2 yrs.puts everything in her mouth & likes chewingon toys, erasers, fabric etc.Of course baby's grow out of that but she hasn't.My NLD group (Non-Verbal Learning Disability) groupgave the advice that I s/ either put her on drugs,(which I won't) or that she has a mineral imbalance/deficiency.She did test severely deficient in Vitamin D but that is the onlything I have tested her for thus far.Anyone know any more about this?Thanks,Ali

Guest guest

I like this product:

http://www.vitacost.com/-Gillham-Natural-Vitality-Natural-Life-Minerals-Uns\

weetened

Because it is unsweetened yet tastes delicious, unlike many of the trace

mineral liquid products.

--

>I found many products that say they have trace minerals.

>

>Can you suggest a good brand?

>

>Many Thanks.

>Ali

>On Nov 29, 2010, at 6:16 PM, Pamela Valley wrote:

>

>>Pika is what drs call this. I would try some trace minerals from

>><http://www.vitacost.com>www.vitacost.com I have used the super

>>concentrated mineral drops and also the Fulvic mineral complex. They both

>>taste fine but store in fridge. I have a friend who ate dirt when

>>pregnant and that is what the dr told her she needed and apparently isn't

>>that uncommon. The D3 shortage may be affecting her digestion. She may

>>also benefit from magnesium to support her enzymes or mega digestive

>>enzymes if she isn't digesting well. Best of luck. Trace mineral

>>shortages are linked to many different common ailments that cause much

>>grief and disease. That is why farmers spend a dollar a week to keep

>>their herds from having common human ailments. We would be wise to do the

>>same. Pam

~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

You would be wise to get her on minerals and vitamins first before doing detox.

Detox will deplete nutritional status and requires more nutrition. A biomed

doctor will check her nutritional status and recommend certain vitamins/minerals

or supplements.

AS for vitamin D, you can get it in olive oil - with nothing else added and it

is absorbed very well this way. One drop is 2,000 IU. For someone low in

vitamin D, 4,000 IU is okay. You should then have the level checked again in

about three months to make sure it is okay and not too high.

I give my kids PDCM+72 liquid minerals in a bit of juice every morning, but it's

expensive.

Viola

> >

> > From: A. <rubyrain11@...>

> > Subject: Putting stuff in mouth

> > iodine

> > Date: Monday, November 29, 2010, 8:58 PM

> >

> >

> > My seven year old who has Hypothyroidism,

> >

> > whom I have been treating with Iodine for 1-2 yrs.

> >

> > puts everything in her mouth & likes chewing

> >

> > on toys, erasers, fabric etc.

> >

> > Of course baby's grow out of that but she hasn't.

> >

> > My NLD group (Non-Verbal Learning Disability) group

> >

> > gave the advice that I s/ either put her on drugs,

> >

> > (which I won't) or that she has a mineral imbalance/deficiency.

> >

> > She did test severely deficient in Vitamin D but that is the only

> >

> > thing I have tested her for thus far.

> >

> > Anyone know any more about this?

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Ali

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Is there a master site that lists these practitioners by state?Thank you.AliOn Nov 30, 2010, at 9:49 PM, Anne Seals wrote:There is a whole range of biomed practitioners. Some are MDs & some are naturopaths or alternative practitioners. You need to find one who thinks the way you do. The thing that links them is their view that autism ( & related disorders) are treatable, & are caused or exacerbated by environmental toxins, poor nutrition, etc.AnneOn Nov 30, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Alison Trotta-Marshall wrote: Thanks.We just started the zinc.The link didn't work.But is a Bio med Doc a western doc. or alternative doc?Thanks,AliOn Nov 29, 2010, at 9:45 PM, Toni Marie Lombardo wrote:I agree with the zinc recommendation. My son is/was a big mouther (he is ADHD with some autistic traits) but this mostly disappeared with zinc supp. I noticed him doing it again. This was after he'd been off zinc for about two weeks. His levels are "normal" but obviously he needs it.DAN! doctors are those using biomedical treatments for autism and adhd and other related disorders (like PDD-NOS, sensory disorders, etc)I would try zinc for now before adding a group of minerals. Some kids get too high in copper or iron, and that's not so goo! d!Here is a supp guide I use from Dr. R.http://www.icdrc.org/documents/Rossignol%20simplified%20biomed%20autism%20file%202009.pdf-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Guest guest
http://www.autism.com/pro_seminars.aspBut it might be good to network with parents in your area, through a biomed-friendly support group, to get a feel for different practitioners. See if there is a local TACA (Talk About Curing Autism) chapter in your area. Check if there is an online support group in your area. Other parents can probably help you find somebody whose philosophy suits your own.There are also some good books. (We are going off-topic. Contact me off-line if you want the names of some books.)AnneOn Nov 30, 2010, at 10:27 PM, Alison Trotta-Marshall wrote: Is there a master site that lists these practitioners by state?Thank you.AliOn Nov 30, 2010, at 9:49 PM, Anne Seals wrote:There is a whole range of biomed practitioners. Some are MDs & some are naturopaths or alternative practitioners. You need to find one who thinks the way you do. The thing that links them is their view that autism ( & related disorders) are treatable, & are caused or exacerbated by environmental toxins, poor nutrition, etc.AnneOn Nov 30, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Alison Trotta-Marshall wrote: Thanks.We just started the zinc.The link didn't work.But is a Bio med Doc a western doc. or alternative doc?Thanks,AliOn Nov 29, 2010, at 9:45 PM, Toni Marie Lombardo wrote:I agree with the zinc recommendation. My son is/was a big mouther (he is ADHD with some autistic traits) but this mostly disappeared with zinc supp. I noticed him doing it again. This was after he'd been off zinc for about two weeks. His levels are "normal" but obviously he needs it.DAN! doctors are those using biomedical treatments for autism and adhd and other related disorders (like PDD-NOS, sensory disorders, etc)I would try zinc for now before adding a group of minerals. Some kids get too high in copper or iron, and that's not so goo! d!Here is a supp guide I use from Dr. R.http://www.icdrc.org/documents/Rossignol%20simplified%20biomed%20autism%20file%202009.pdf-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.