RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: bromine acne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How long has she had acne? How much iodine is she on? If it just appeared then odds are it is not iodine related. If it has always been there (since taking iodine) then it maybe tied. You do need vit a, mg and vit c. She can wash her face with epson salts and hydrogen peroxide. Also supporting her liver to detox would be good. Acne is common in overloaded livers.

Steph

bromine acne

hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one has been on iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible acne...never had any before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2 times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1 time per day...i have told her to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she looks HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...she is going to quit the protocol if we dont get a handle on this soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful skin..now it is acne and scarring....any advice would be so appreciated...also she only does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no relief....thanks....

Guest guest

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Bruce

bromine acne

hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one has been on iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible acne...never had any before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2 times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1 time per day...i have told her to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she looks HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...she is going to quit the protocol if we dont get a handle on this soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful skin..now it is acne and scarring....any advice would be so appreciated...also she only does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no relief....thanks....

Guest guest

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html

Acne is a logical detox symptom, have you done the above salt loading protocol?

I'd do that before trying prev links I sent

Bruce

bromine acne

hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one has been on iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible acne...never had any before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2 times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1 time per day...i have told her to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she looks HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...she is going to quit the protocol if we dont get a handle on this soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful skin..now it is acne and scarring.... any advice would be so appreciated. ..also she only does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no relief....thanks. ...

Guest guest

Add the zinc. The supplements usually come with the correct ratio of copper. It worked dramatically for my son's bromide acne.

BarbF

In a message dated 12/14/2009 10:51:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, dawnv5@... writes:

....i have heard some say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...

Guest guest

For what it is worth, I developed horrible acne at age 18-19 which was diagnosed as food allergies. I was tested & put on a very strict diet, & my skin cleared up practically overnight. There are a lot of things that can cause acne, unfortunately...AnneOn Dec 14, 2009, at 8:26 PM, Bruce wrote: http://www.acne.org/regimen.html Bruce bromine acne hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one has been on iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible acne...never had any before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2 times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1 time per day...i have told her to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she looks HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...she is going to quit the protocol if we dont get a handle on this soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful skin..now it is acne and scarring....any advice would be so appreciated...also she only does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no relief....thanks....

Guest guest

Dawn,

She might need an increase in the NAC. I take 1 gram daily, sometimes 2 daily

if I'm detoxing heavily and it's coming out through my skin. How are her BM's?

Is she moving them daily? If not, then more fiber, magnesium to get them

moving. A chiropractic adjustment might help too.

Lorie

>

>

>

> hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one has been on

iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible acne...never had any

before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2 times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1

time per day...i have told her to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she

looks HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some say

taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be careful not to get

zinc too out of balance with copper...she is going to quit the protocol if we

dont get a handle on this soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful

skin..now it is acne and scarring....any advice would be so appreciated...also

she only does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no

relief....thanks....

>

Guest guest

Barb..now much zinc did you give your son? and how long before you noticed results? my daughter is 18yr..have read of people taking as much as 60 mg a day....From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>iodine Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 7:09:48 AMSubject: Re:

bromine acne

We are doing zinc for my children. They take 25 mgs M-W-F. At this point no copper. My son tested high in copper so it's a good thing for him if it is lowered. I don't think my daughter was high. Neither had acne but tested low in zinc. It's good for the immune system too.

Steph

Add the zinc. The supplements usually come with the correct ratio of copper. It worked dramatically for my son's bromide acne.

BarbF

In a message dated 12/14/2009 10:51:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, dawnv5sbcglobal (DOT) net writes:

....i have heard some say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...

Guest guest

I have taken 50 mgs with 2.5 mg Copper. I would say an 18 year old could take that.

Steph

BarbF

In a message dated 12/14/2009 10:51:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, dawnv5sbcglobal (DOT) net writes:

Guest guest

thanks..i will up her to 2 of the 600 mg.....she says she is regular..think i will also give an extra zinc supp for a bit and see if that helps..thanks so much...From: ***** <lorie@...>iodine Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 9:07:10 AMSubject: Re: bromine

acne

Dawn,

She might need an increase in the NAC. I take 1 gram daily, sometimes 2 daily if I'm detoxing heavily and it's coming out through my skin. How are her BM's? Is she moving them daily? If not, then more fiber, magnesium to get them moving. A chiropractic adjustment might help too.

Lorie

>

>

>

> hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one has been on iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible acne...never had any before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2 times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1 time per day...i have told her to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she looks HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...she is going to quit the protocol if we dont get a handle on this soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful skin..now it is acne and scarring.... any advice would be so appreciated. ..also she only does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no relief....thanks. ...

>

Guest guest

Hi - try drinking ACV (apple cider vinegar) 1 oz. in juice (apple or

grape tastes best) every day until you start seeing results. Bragg's is

the best. ACV doesn't taste the greatest, but it really does work. It

did absolute miracles for my skin and I suffered from acne all my life

until a year ago; now I get compliments all the time! ACV also has

other wonderful health benefits as well. Give it a try!

>

> >

> > http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

> > Bruce

> >

> > bromine acne

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one

> > has been on iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible

> > acne...never had any before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2

> > times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1 time per day...i have told her

> > to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she looks

> > HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some

> > say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be

> > careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...she is

> > going to quit the protocol if we dont get a handle on this

> > soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful skin..now it is acne

> > and scarring....any advice would be so appreciated...also she only

> > does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no

> > relief....thanks....

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Goes down better by adding pure 100% maple syrup............with some water.

bromine acne> >> >> >> >> > hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one> > has been on iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible> > acne...never had any before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2> > times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1 time per day...i have told her> > to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she looks> > HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some> > say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be> > careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...she is> > going to quit the protocol if we dont get a handle on this> > soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful skin..now it is acne> > and scarring....any advice would be so appreciated...also she only> > does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no> > relief....thanks....> >> >> >>

Guest guest

I can use coconut oil anywhere on my body except my face if I get it on my face I break out immediately I would try eliminating that

Engtovo

Posted by: "dawn volz" dawnv5@... dawnv5@...

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:13 pm (PST)

she is 18 yrs old...started iodine protocol at beginning of summer...worked her way up to 50 mg of iodoral...i would say she has been on this amount for at least 5 months...acne started for the first time ever about 3 months ago..so 2 months or so after starting the 50 mg...we support her liver with 600 mg of NAC...she washes her face with the sea salt and coconut oil at night...tried the epsom salts and peroxide but it did not help...any other suggestions? her menstrual cycles had been only 20 days or so but this last time it was 27 days so maybe seeing some improvement....acne is not cylical..it is there all the time regardless of cycle ...

Guest guest

I was checking the ingredients on a skincare product and it contained theobrmine amongst other ingredients. Is this a bad thing? It is bromine, right?

jag

From: Engtovo <engtovo@...>Subject: Re: bromine acneiodine Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 1:26 PM

I can use coconut oil anywhere on my body except my face if I get it on my face I break out immediately I would try eliminating that

Engtovo

Posted by: "dawn volz" dawnv5sbcglobal (DOT) net dawnv5sbcglobal (DOT) net

she is 18 yrs old...started iodine protocol at beginning of summer...worked her way up to 50 mg of iodoral...i would say she has been on this amount for at least 5 months...acne started for the first time ever about 3 months ago..so 2 months or so after starting the 50 mg...we support her liver with 600 mg of NAC...she washes her face with the sea salt and coconut oil at night...tried the epsom salts and peroxide but it did not help...any other suggestions? her menstrual cycles had been only 20 days or so but this last time it was 27 days so maybe seeing some improvement. ...acne is not cylical..it is there all the time regardless of cycle ...

Guest guest

I heard that apple cider vinegar is good to lose weight. Has anyone experienced this?

Jag

From: shryder5 <shryder5@...>Subject: Re: bromine acneiodine Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 10:39 AM

Hi - try drinking ACV (apple cider vinegar) 1 oz. in juice (apple orgrape tastes best) every day until you start seeing results. Bragg's isthe best. ACV doesn't taste the greatest, but it really does work. Itdid absolute miracles for my skin and I suffered from acne all my lifeuntil a year ago; now I get compliments all the time! ACV also hasother wonderful health benefits as well. Give it a try!>> >> > http://www.acne. org/regimen. html> > Bruce> >> > bromine acne> >> >> >> >> > hey need some advice here once again for one of my kids ! this one> > has been on iodine protocol for last 6 months but now has horrible> > acne...never had any before....she does salt everyday sometimes 2> > times a day..takes 600 mg of NAC 1 time per

day...i have told her> > to start on 3 tsp of cod liver oil per day....she looks> > HORRIBLE...is there anything else she could do...i have heard some> > say taking 25 mg of zinc would be good..but dont you have to be> > careful not to get zinc too out of balance with copper...she is> > going to quit the protocol if we dont get a handle on this> > soon..she has hashi's and always had beautiful skin..now it is acne> > and scarring.... any advice would be so appreciated. ..also she only> > does protocol m- f and takes weekends off...but still no> > relief....thanks. ...> >> >> >>

Guest guest

It's not a halide. Its from the cacao plant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine

Steph

Re: bromine acneiodine Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 1:26 PM

Engtovo

she is 18 yrs old...started iodine protocol at beginning of summer...worked her way up to 50 mg of iodoral...i would say she has been on this amount for at least 5 months...acne started for the first time ever about 3 months ago..so 2 months or so after starting the 50 mg...we support her liver with 600 mg of NAC...she washes her face with the sea salt and coconut oil at night...tried the epsom salts and peroxide but it did not help...any other suggestions? her menstrual cycles had been only 20 days or so but this last time it was 27 days so maybe seeing some improvement. ...acne is not cylical..it is there all the time regardless of cycle ...

Guest guest

i got some zinc monomethione today 30 mg and it has some copper in it too...i gave my daughter 2 of those...does that sound right to anyone?? hoping to clear her acne..will also stop the coconut oil thanks for that suggestion...and i am giving her 3 tsp of cod liver oil for a while...can this zinc be taken along with iodine? and is it ok for her to take 60 mg of zinc (her multi adds an additional 15 mg)...

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>iodine Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 1:43:30 PMSubject: Re: Re: bromine acne

It's not a halide. Its from the cacao plant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine

Steph

Re: bromine acneiodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 1:26 PM

Engtovo

Guest guest

Hi...I gave him 20 mg. Copper was added to the supplement. It worked within 2-days. I really hope it helps your daughter.

BarbF

In a message dated 12/15/2009 10:14:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dawnv5@... writes:

Barb..now much zinc did you give your son?

Guest guest

me too..i got a supplement with optizinc and copper in it already...it is 30 mg of zinc i am giving her 2 per day for a few days along with 10,000 IU of vitamin a which i will only do for a couple of days...then i will drop the a everyday and lower zinc to 30 mg...think her face looked a bit better today...also opened vitamin e capsule and put it on her face at bedtime....lets hope cause i do not want her to quit the iodine it has stablized her hashi's and kept her weight stable..thanks for the advice!From: "Bbircie@..." <Bbircie@...>iodine Sent: Wed, December 16, 2009 7:01:27 AMSubject: Re: bromine acne

Hi...I gave him 20 mg. Copper was added to the supplement. It worked within 2-days. I really hope it helps your daughter.

BarbF

In a message dated 12/15/2009 10:14:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dawnv5sbcglobal (DOT) net writes:

Barb..now much zinc did you give your son?