RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: [HeidiLiane] Greetings......rare male victim here....please give commen...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am a 37 yr old male with fibromylgia. when I get bronchitis or anything like that....I can usually take the Z-pak with no problems.

In a message dated 12/24/2008 6:57:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, shybasset@... writes:

I was dx'd Fibro for past year after having symptoms since 2002(and$30,000. later for med tests). Since Fibro people have weakened immunesystems, like me, I had about a month ago contracted from working outin gym what is now called Cellulitis(skin infection) on top of toe onleft foot next to little toe. I've been on Doxycycline for 10 days,but it is no better. I recall from Domini that there is a protocol fordocs to follow if fibro patient has to go to hospital(looks like I'llbe given IV Antibiotics(Vancomycin?) and be in hospital about 5 days.I may have MRSA, so that is why Doxy ismn't working. Anyway, my bodyimmume system is already in crappers cause of fibro....mor POTENTantibiotics may shut me down. Anyone had a BAD infection and put onanti.????? How long and what was your experience??? Please be asdetailed as possible. Thanks a bunch....may need to be admitted innext 3 days. Shybasset (male, 62) One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

Guest guest

Can someone tell me exactly what cellucitis is? I'm wondering if it's yet something else I may have

In a message dated 12/24/2008 11:29:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, MEMOMMY1947@... writes:

Shybasset, cellulitis is infection in the skin tissue itself. It takes awhile to heal it. In my 20+ years working as a nurse I have never seen it cure rapidly. Many times it takes internal and external antibiotic treatments.

In 2006, I had severe case of diverticulitis which is infection in the colon, spent a week in hospital on strong IV antibiotics with preps made for emergency colostomy surgery. Was on antibiotics after being released for 2 more weeks. I honestly felt real good on discharge.

Yes the Immune system in some with fibro is weakened, but not everyone. The weakened immune system slows healing.

Here is a good site to visit for information on cellulitis and treatment.

http://www.mercksource.com/pp/us/cns/cns_merckmanual_frameset.jsp

Sandie

-- [HeidiLiane] Greetings......rare "male" victim here....please give comments on my delima.....

I was dx'd Fibro for past year after having symptoms since 2002(and

$30,000. later for med tests). Since Fibro people have weakened immune

systems, like me, I had about a month ago contracted from working out

in gym what is now called Cellulitis(skin infection) on top of toe on

left foot next to little toe. I've been on Doxycycline for 10 days,

but it is no better. I recall from Domini that there is a protocol for

docs to follow if fibro patient has to go to hospital(looks like I'll

be given IV Antibiotics(Vancomycin?) and be in hospital about 5 days.

I may have MRSA, so that is why Doxy ismn't working. Anyway, my body

immume system is already in crappers cause of fibro....mor POTENT

antibiotics may shut me down. Anyone had a BAD infection and put on

anti.????? How long and what was your experience??? Please be as

detailed as possible. Thanks a bunch....may need to be admitted in

next 3 days. Shybasset (male, 62)

------------------------------------