RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Medtox 10+ alcohol test...is it an ETG test?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I believe I can shed some light on your question. The MedTox test you are referring to (MedTox 10+ Alcohol) is not an ETG. It is MedTox's 10 panel drug screen plus alcohol. You have all of the cutoff information correct for the ETG. With a cutoff level of 500 ng/dl, one can expect to detect the presence of this biomarker in the 2-3 day range. The "chances of an ETG coming up positive" are difficult to predict without more information and even then I'd defer to a forensic toxicologist for definitive information. Hope that helps.

From: amysixonetwo <amysixonetwo@...>Subject: Medtox 10+ alcohol test...is it an ETG test?Ethylglucuronide Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 4:17 PM

I can't really find info anywhere. I drank Saturday night into the wee hours and drank about 40 oz. of 40% alcohol. Tested negative on a saliva AlcoScreen or whatever it's called strip yesterday, Tuesday, at 3 p.m. I had a surprise UA today Wednesday, from social services at about noon. A) What are the chances an ETG will come up positive?B) The test is a Medtox 10+ Alcohol. Is that an ETG test? The sample report online said ETG is tested only at a 500 ng/dl level because of the chance for false positive and the test said 'ethyl alcohol' and the confirmatory level was 0.020 gm/dl.Does anyone know?

Guest guest

http://www.doctorschoice.net/Files%20100608/WEBSITE%20MEDTOX/WEBSITE%20MEDTOX/Medtox_10%20Panel%20+%20Alcohol%20Sample%20Report.pdfThat is the pdf of a sample report from the test I was given today. It says 'ethyl alcohol' at 0.020 gm/dl but doesn't say anything about ETG.I just don't want to worry myself to death if it's not an ETG. I've been Googling at work all day and going nuts. LOLFrom: STEVE MUNZ <smunz1@...>Ethylglucuronide Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:03 PMSubject: Re: Medtox 10+ alcohol test...is it an ETG test?

I believe I can shed some light on your question. The MedTox test you are referring to (MedTox 10+ Alcohol) is not an ETG. It is MedTox's 10 panel drug screen plus alcohol. You have all of the cutoff information correct for the ETG. With a cutoff level of 500 ng/dl, one can expect to detect the presence of this biomarker in the 2-3 day range. The "chances of an ETG coming up positive" are difficult to predict without more information and even then I'd defer to a forensic toxicologist for definitive information. Hope that helps.

From: amysixonetwo <amysixonetwo@...>Subject: Medtox 10+ alcohol test...is it an ETG test?Ethylglucuronide Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 4:17 PM

I can't really find info anywhere. I drank Saturday night into the wee hours and drank about 40 oz. of 40% alcohol. Tested negative on a saliva AlcoScreen or whatever it's called strip yesterday, Tuesday, at 3 p.m. I had a surprise UA today Wednesday, from social services at about noon. A) What are the chances an ETG will come up positive?B) The test is a Medtox 10+ Alcohol. Is that an ETG test? The sample report online said ETG is tested only at a 500 ng/dl level because of the chance for false positive and the test said 'ethyl alcohol' and the confirmatory level was 0.020 gm/dl.Does anyone know?

Guest guest

Hi again,

Thanks for the PDF. I see these every day in my line of work. I'm a Drug Court Case Manager in Monroe, LA. Been in this position for 13yrs. There's probably an hour's worth of discussion I can have with you regarding what that report means. Cutoff levels are extrememly important, both for the immunoassay and the confirmation tests. I agree with your conclusion, however. If you are to be tested via ETG, you may find that information on the consent form you will sign to test (this info only good if MedTox is the lab doing the screening). I'm extremely familiar with MedTox and the testing methods used. Best of luck to you. Sobriety is the best option.

Guest guest

Not sure if this went out to the EtG gis nto and group in general or just me. In any cse I agree, Sobriety is not only the best but the only option\Unfortunately, EtG is not and has never been an accurate test in relation to sobriety. It will detect alcohol consumption I truly believe that, but it has, and still does detect the presence of by products of consumption in certain individuals who do not drink. Cut off levels may be helpful but I had a number over 11,000 in one of my tests and I had not consumed alcohol in any form in years. I still continue to have low level positive EtG tests but with the added EtS have been able to convince my probation monitor, that I have not fallen on the wagon. Yes I use the term fallon on hte wagon becasue it was a a wagon I never fell off of in the first place. Myone and only drug of choice was Vicodin, I drank rarely (maybe once every few years) but have never been drunk and do not enjoy the effects of alcohol. In spite of all that, I have been first in diversion for Registered Nurses (self referred) then solely because of EtG was put out and am now on Probation. Again solely because of EtG my probation was extended another 3 years just over a year ago. The class action law suit was lost without my ever having the opportunity to tell my story and I remain in contanst jeopardy of loosing my license to practice nursing every time I take a test depending on which way the EtG wind is blowing for me that day. I have the opportunity to request early termination of probation in October of this year and intend to pursue it with vigor. But my life has been in a constant state of uncertainty and paranoa since this test first stated being used in 2004 ironically the year I entered Diversion. If not for EtG I would have been out of Diversion and on with my life in mid 2006. I know one day there will be some form of reconing for the individuals who know the limitations of this test and continue to use and market it e,ither because they have no better plan or even worse because of the massive fortunes they are making on the product. I will be at the front of that parade beating the drum you can bet on that. Am I bitter, obviously, but I remain grateful that I was able to recognize and get control of the disease which had wormed its way into my life almost unoticed until it was too late. I am also grateful to my employer, family and friends who have stood by me and believed me in spite of the fact that I had at one point in my life been less than honest with them. Those are the true heros in my life story, the ones who believe that a person can change and come back and make a full recovery. As for the California BRN, The Attorney General's Office and the testing comnpanies, I have to believe they will someday face the consequences of their actions and/or inactions, and they will be harsh and unforgiving just as they has been for me. I have come to the point where I no longer wait for that day, and I don't envision the celebtations I will have becaue it has been so long in coming it has become to late to have the effect it should have, and that was to immediately be pulled from use before it had the opportunity to cause thousands harm from which they can never truly recover. Even when I am finished with probation, my name will remain forever available at the touch of a button to any curious person and the charges that I consumed alcohol while in the diversion and probation programs are there in black and white for all to read and I can do nothing to change that fact. Had I been allowed to finish diversion, that information would have been destroyed allowing me to effectively put that part of my life where it belongs and where my hard work and dedication to recovery have dictated it should be, BEHIND ME forever. That was taken away by EtG. I don't know who you are and why I got this message, but I will always respond agressively to anyone who challenges the fact that EtG is junk science at its worst.

Liz Cleveland,RN, CEN

From: "STEVE MUNZ" <smunz1@...>Ethylglucuronide Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:32:03 ASubject: Re: Medtox 10+ alcohol test...is it an ETG test?

Hi again,

Thanks for the PDF. I see these every day in my line of work. I'm a Drug Court Case Manager in Monroe, LA. Been in this position for 13yrs. There's probably an hour's worth of discussion I can have with you regarding what that report means. Cutoff levels are extrememly important, both for the immunoassay and the confirmation tests. I agree with your conclusion, however. If you are to be tested via ETG, you may find that information on the consent form you will sign to test (this info only good if MedTox is the lab doing the screening). I'm extremely familiar with MedTox and the testing methods used. Best of luck to you. Sobriety is the best option.