Guest guest

After my sister was born, my mom was assured that there was no way she could

have another child with Downs. Her regular doctor was out when my brother was

born and after was delivered and examined, she was told in a callous - by

the way, " he has down syndrome " .

Like i mentioned before, I don't have that same relationship with Down Syndrome

- its what I grew up with. But my mother was 20 when she had me, 23 with angie

and 25 with and she was treated with such disregard. It still makes me

angry. Its a hard thing to deal with a baby unexpectedly having a disability but

they should have compassion and understanding.

Hollie

< >

Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:09:35 AM

Subject: Re: (unknown)

I was asked if I wanted to give up Alden for adoption.  I was so shocked!  The

lady said, " Why did you hesitate? "  I told her she was nuts!!! I was still

heavily medicated when she asked me, too! No one asked me that question with my

2 previous children!!!  I am still shocked.  The words that are in my mind but I

won't let come out of my mouth would get me kicked off of here.  Kiersten

>

> >

> >

> > I know the feeling, I'm in Minnesota!! That character building is

> > something, but I wouldn't live anywhere else!! Love it here, plus the

> > weather is tolerable for .

> >

> >

> > Re: (unknown)

> >

> > It's that White stuff that comes with the cold that we don't like.

> > We moved here from MN and WI and have enjoyed, LOVED the AZ winters for 25

> > years now.

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Dr Sharrie,

Where do you live and work? Your response was so clear, I would love to have you come in and speak to my students. I teach graduate dance/movement therapy and mental health counseling students.

le

--

le L. Fraenkel, Ph. D., ADTR, NCC, LCAT, LMHC, CGP

Director

Kinections

at Imagine Square

718 University Avenue

Rochester NY 14607 USA

Tel: 585-473-5050

FAX:585-473-5958

www.kinections.com

On 6/23/09 7:05 AM, " Sharrie Hanley " <drsharrie@...> wrote:

Would be happy to look at this sleepless person TLC if you have it. Sounds like she is a ruminator. What has worked well in the past has been to send them home with a Pal using Library one C3 every night for about three to five days about the same time every night. For the NFB I would use the Fp1 MC2 with a wide inhibit rewarding 12-15Hz and knockiing down the rest (EO of course). Do this for about 20 minutes at the end of whatever session you are doing with her. This will stop the ruminations and the pal will pattern her brain to produce Delta Waves at the appropriate time of day (well night actually!) I have done this MANY times with MANY clients and I have yet to not see it work. Keep in mind that I am also doing what the TLC says to do so that the brain is regulated as well. Best of luck to ya.

Guest guest

Connie

The LDN has not helped me with my cancer problem either.

Hope that your day is going well - Duke

iodine From: chillyconconnie@...Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:37:42 -0700Subject: (unknown)

found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you.

Guest guest

I don't know. I do know it has been taken for 2 months at a time to straighten out bowel problems. I have not read of any side effects from that. But.....

Gayla

Bob and Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, CA

(unknown)

Guest guest

Candace,

LIke anything else... you treat herbs with respect and in moderation. I never take herbs "forever".. I will take a week or two off depending on the herb to give my body time to work on it's own after it got its fix (so to speak). Remember ephedra.. and the overuse it got and the problems... all because first, it wasn't used as it was meant to be used, and two, it was abused and not taken in moderation.

I am really wondering about stopping everything except the water, liquid diet, and taking milk thistle and maybe some probiotics or plant enzymes for a week or two and see if anything starts changing..

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

From: Candace P <candaceandbrock@...>Subject: (unknown) Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 4:58 AM

You guys think this is just another "anti herb warning"?

Cascara Sagrada should never be used for longer than 7 days at a time.

Cascara or other anthraquinone-containing herbs should not be used by people diverticular disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, severe hemorrhoids, blood vessel disease, congestive heart failure, heart disease, severe anemia, abdominal hernia, gastrointestinal cancer, recent colon surgery, or liver and kidney disease. It should not be used if appendicitis is suspected.

***I ask because my liver is suspect and I have "pre-ulcerative sores" in my stomach.

Candace

Guest guest

Hi Louise - you would have to ask your GP

whether they operate this system or not - or have a word with the Head of

Practice (that might be better).

Luv - Sheila

If my GP practice operates such a system, do I have any say

about whether to have my medical info on the system?

No virus

found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.364 / Virus Database: 270.12.85/2193 - Release Date: 06/23/09

05:54:00

Guest guest

Hi Louise - you would have to ask your GP

whether they operate this system or not - or have a word with the Head of

Practice (that might be better).

Luv - Sheila

If my GP practice operates such a system, do I have any say

about whether to have my medical info on the system?

No virus

found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.364 / Virus Database: 270.12.85/2193 - Release Date: 06/23/09

05:54:00

Guest guest

I'm tired when I wake up and feel like I have weights attached to my feet when I walk.

I try to eat well and I do take milk thistle.

-- [ ] (unknown)

I have been diagnosed for over 10 years ago. I have never had treatment because of a number of reason.

Fatigue is the only symptom that I have.. I'm good for about 8 hours and then absolutely no energy.

Try to eat the good foods and have you tried milk thistle to calm the liver.

?

Good luck and take care,

Namaste

Guest guest

Hi Molinas Valeria

Welcome to the group. The best person to give you advice about

this sort of thing is your surgeon, and the team that has treated your child.

Please don’t accept anything other than professional advice.

The ointment I was referring to in my last post  (lacrilube) has

been prescribed to me by my doctor, to suit my conidition. Although many people

in this group use it, also many people don’t use it. So each of us is

different, and requires individual advice.

15th of April is not so long ago, but of course, as a

parent you deserve to get a good answer, even it if happens that you were a

little concerned prematurely.

Take care

Shireen Mohandes

London, England

[mailto:blepharophimosis ] On Behalf Of molinas valeria

Sent: 27 June 2009 19:08

blepharophimosis

Subject: blepharophimosis (unknown)

hello, I have a child of three years which has made the first surgery of

cantoplastica 15 april.Do you know a cream that removes the ciccatricis?thanks

somsomeone of you knows an

ointment that removes the ciccatricisthat removes the ciccatriciseone of you

knows an ointment that removes the ciccatricis

Guest guest

Go to www.asmbs.org In the journal section you can pull up the recommendations for vitamins and food progression after sugery. Lovisa, RD, CDSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: Ginger Strano Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:53:26 -0700 (PDT)< >Subject: (unknown) Here are some references that may be helpful. Colles, SL, Dixon JB, Marks P, et al. Preoperative weight loss with a very-low-energy diet: quantitation of changes in liver and abdominal fat serial imaging.. Am J Clin Nutr 2006; 84: 304-11. Fris, RJ. Preoperative Low Energy Diet Diminishes Liver Size. Obesity Surgery. 2004;14:1165-1170. Good Luck.

Guest guest

Great, THANKS!

From: Ginger Strano <gingerstrano@...>Subject: (unknown) Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 1:53 PM

Here are some references that may be helpful.

Colles, SL, Dixon JB, Marks P, et al. Preoperative weight loss with a very-low-energy

diet: quantitation of changes in liver and abdominal fat serial imaging.. Am J Clin Nutr

2006; 84: 304-11.

Fris, RJ. Preoperative Low Energy Diet Diminishes Liver Size. Obesity Surgery.

2004;14:1165- 1170.

Good Luck.

Guest guest

Hi Niall

Have you considered having him checked by a cranial osteopath?  When kids sit they have their legs un supported so the weight of their legs can aggrevate an imbalance in the pelvis... On long journey we tried to put a soft bag under their feed so that they have something to take the weight of their legs too...

Have you tried to sit with your legs hanging for a period of time?  It is really painful... especially if like me you have big legs!!]]]

Best wishes

Tracey

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:59 AM, nimur62 <nialljmtmurphy@...> wrote:

Hi thereHas anyone else found their child to have a sleeping leg after a 15 minute car journey?This has happened m6y son a few times (always the right leg) and I am concerned. RegardsNiall

Guest guest

If this was me, I

would stick with the half grain of Armour for seven days and increase by another

half a grain and stay on that dose for a month. When I saw my endo next time, I

would tell him frankly that the half grain was making no difference and as you

had researched about dosing with natural thyroid extract, you were aware that because

you were experiencing no adverse effects, you felt another half grain would probably

be of benefit - and as you have been ill for so long, you decided yourself to

increase it, knowing that if you did get any adverse reactions (palpitations,

feeling spaced out, dizziness etc) that the T3 had a very short half life and

would leave your system within the day, and the following day you would

decrease your dose again - and then take it more slowly. I would be tempted to

say that you are also aware that if you have any of the following blood tests

low in the reference range, that they would be stopping your thyroid hormones

from being absorb ed. these are ferritin, b12, Vitamin D3, magnesium, zinc and

copper. Also, that for those folk who had a bad reaction to thyroid hormone

replacement, another condition that could be stopping it from being absorbed is

systemic candidiasis. Let him know that you do know what you are talking about,

and that taking just half a grain after you have been taking high dose

levothyroxine just might not be sufficient for you.

Tell him that you

are so delighted to have met a doctor who actually seems to understand

hypothyroidism and the problems that go alongside it, and that you need the two

of you to work together to find the best medication that will work for you, and

the best dose that will do this, so you need him to work with you, and at the

same time, he needs you to work with him. He does listen and he appreciates

those patients who have done the necessary research. Both of you need to learn

from each other, and if necessary, do whatever experiments are necessary. But,

he must not go by blood test results alone, because when you are on natural

desiccated thyroid extract, your TSH will be suppressed, your FT4 will be in

the upper third of the reference range, and your FT3 will be at the top of the

reference range. This is absolutely different for those on T4 only. He KNOWS this

- he should be working to get rid of your symptoms and finding the dose that

will do that.

Luv - Sheila

Have a problem,

though, about dosage. He wanted me to stay on 30mgs (1/2 grain) for 2 weeks,

but I'd only stayed on this dose for 7 days as it says in so much of the

literature I've read and on the tpa websiteas well. He's wanting to test me at

approx. 3 weeks into this dose to see what the blood results come back

like before increasing again. He seems to be very heavily reliant on

the blood tests, though I keep trying to say " Shouldn't it be

more about alleviation of symptoms " ?

But...I feel trapped

by his test regime. Please, PLEASE help! I like this Endo and don't really want

to have to change, AND i'm getting the script on the NHS too!!

What advice do you

have for me??

Checked by

AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.375 / Virus Database: 270.13.5/2220 - Release Date: 07/05/09

17:54:00

Guest guest

Unfortunately your sister doesn't suffer from autism, she suffers from terminal stupidity. You will never change her, so the best thing is to just stay out of her business. If she chooses to let her son continue with no intervention, that's her choice. Unfortunately, too, you can't help what her other children are going thru. Sometimes life is just like that. Maybe she will learn more from your example than your words. , TACASanta From: mlr21102 <mlr21102@...>autism Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:25:38 PMSubject: (unknown)

My sister has a child who is 12 who is severely autistic and developmentally disabled. He still wears a diaper and has no speech. He has some sign language. She accused me of discriminating against her child because I told him it was rude that he took my soda bottle from me. She didn't think it mattered because the bottle was empty. She stomped out of my mother's 60th birthday party because of it. He consistently takes drinks from people and thinks it is funny. She also will let him eat whatever he wants. Instead of the food that was prepared for everyone else, she feeds him skittles, chex mix, shredded cheese, etc. Just anything with sugar. She got mad at me when I said something about it. It was really insulting. I made all of this food. Her kids either show up already fed or eating the junk I described above. She showed up 1 1/2 hours after the scheduled time. She said I know what my child will and will not eat.

I guess what I want to say is am I being discriminatory? Isn't it discriminatory to expect less of someone because of a disability? If anything, I think she is discriminating against her own child. I don't know what to do...I haven't responded to this accusation of my sister's. She really hurt my feelings and I really feel she is doing her son a disservice by letting him do whatever he wants. My sister in law has a child who is autistic. She structures his environment very carefully and eliminated the sugar from his diet and her child has made great strides. My sister is a nurse. Doesn't she know that autistic children need a structured environment and diet?

Her other children are suffering because of the chaos. What do I do? I can't say anything to her without her being defensive, angry and antagonistic. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells.

Any advice?

Guest guest

Hi,

I don't know your sister but I do know that I pick my battles. I don't know if she lets taking drinks slide and focuses on other things or if she is truly not working with her child. My son has a limited diet and everyone knows about it so we do bring some food to family gatherings for him. The environment is so stressful for him with all the noises and other distractions I wouldn't want to add to his stress or have him go hungry as this would surely cause more meltdowns. I just don't know what to tell you. Maybe your sister is overwhelmed or maybe she is just not wiling to work with her son either way maybe you could offer to help her out. Maybe you could ask if she needs some down time or if there was something you could do to help her. I hope you can find a way to make amends with your sister for both of you. No one knows you like your siblings, they know all the stories!!

Kellie

From: mlr21102 <mlr21102@...>autism Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:25:38 PMSubject: (unknown)

My sister has a child who is 12 who is severely autistic and developmentally disabled. He still wears a diaper and has no speech. He has some sign language. She accused me of discriminating against her child because I told him it was rude that he took my soda bottle from me. She didn't think it mattered because the bottle was empty. She stomped out of my mother's 60th birthday party because of it. He consistently takes drinks from people and thinks it is funny. She also will let him eat whatever he wants. Instead of the food that was prepared for everyone else, she feeds him skittles, chex mix, shredded cheese, etc. Just anything with sugar. She got mad at me when I said something about it. It was really insulting. I made all of this food. Her kids either show up already fed or eating the junk I described above. She showed up 1 1/2 hours after the scheduled time. She said I know what my child will and will not eat. I guess what I want to say

is am I being discriminatory? Isn't it discriminatory to expect less of someone because of a disability? If anything, I think she is discriminating against her own child. I don't know what to do...I haven't responded to this accusation of my sister's. She really hurt my feelings and I really feel she is doing her son a disservice by letting him do whatever he wants. My sister in law has a child who is autistic. She structures his environment very carefully and eliminated the sugar from his diet and her child has made great strides. My sister is a nurse. Doesn't she know that autistic children need a structured environment and diet? Her other children are suffering because of the chaos. What do I do? I can't say anything to her without her being defensive, angry and antagonistic. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells. Any advice?

Guest guest

consider the following:

http://www.spywareterminator.com/

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall.php

all free to use and free of adware, malware - trusted sources that I

use for some of my protection needs (that are free).

comodo's anti-malware and antivirus options may be of interest as

well. If you use spyware terminator, disable the realtime protection

b/c it will conflict with comodo's realtime protection.

good luck!

Kelvin

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM, son<turmeric4@...> wrote:

>

>

> This was not posted by me. I have been having trouble with my computer being

> hijacked by

> someone. Sorry about that.

>

> (no subject)

> Posted by: " son " turmeric4@... Turmeric4

> Tue Jul 7, 2009 1:03 pm (PDT)

>

> http://bennettkahyc e.livejournal. com

>

> Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

> Messages in this topic (1)

>

>

Guest guest

Terminal stupidity is not what I would call it. It's very possible that she is just overwhelmed, frustrated and feels so cornered & helpless that she herself is unable at this point to cope. We have no clue what services this woman is getting, and 12 year old is a key year where puberty sets in.

I hope your sister-in-law and yourself will find the way to reach her and help her get the support services she so obviously needs.

We've all gone through periods where our children eat very limited and sometimes totally unhealthy foods. We've gone through where they have "inappropriate" behaviors. We have shirts that explain autism, we carry cards. The behaviors her son is exhibiting are things that I have read many parents have.

autism From: endofautism@...Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 15:57:08 -0700Subject: Re: (unknown)

Unfortunately your sister doesn't suffer from autism, she suffers from terminal stupidity. You will never change her, so the best thing is to just stay out of her business. If she chooses to let her son continue with no intervention, that's her choice. Unfortunately, too, you can't help what her other children are going thru. Sometimes life is just like that. Maybe she will learn more from your example than your words.

, TACASanta

From: mlr21102 <mlr21102 >autism Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:25:38 PMSubject: (unknown)

My sister has a child who is 12 who is severely autistic and developmentally disabled. He still wears a diaper and has no speech. He has some sign language. She accused me of discriminating against her child because I told him it was rude that he took my soda bottle from me. She didn't think it mattered because the bottle was empty. She stomped out of my mother's 60th birthday party because of it. He consistently takes drinks from people and thinks it is funny. She also will let him eat whatever he wants. Instead of the food that was prepared for everyone else, she feeds him skittles, chex mix, shredded cheese, etc. Just anything with sugar. She got mad at me when I said something about it. It was really insulting. I made all of this food. Her kids either show up already fed or eating the junk I described above. She showed up 1 1/2 hours after the scheduled time. She said I know what my child will and will not eat. I guess what I want to say is am I being discriminatory? Isn't it discriminatory to expect less of someone because of a disability? If anything, I think she is discriminating against her own child. I don't know what to do...I haven't responded to this accusation of my sister's. She really hurt my feelings and I really feel she is doing her son a disservice by letting him do whatever he wants. My sister in law has a child who is autistic. She structures his environment very carefully and eliminated the sugar from his diet and her child has made great strides. My sister is a nurse. Doesn't she know that autistic children need a structured environment and diet? Her other children are suffering because of the chaos. What do I do? I can't say anything to her without her being defensive, angry and antagonistic. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells. Any advice?

found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you.

Guest guest

I wouldn't advise this to anyone who already has diarrhea/loose stools because this is a side effect of Alli/Olestra.

Grace L. RD

St. 's Diabetes Treatment Center

Richmond, VA 23235Work: (804) 287-7079Mobile: (740) 707-5997

From: <lar242@...>Subject: (unknown) Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 10:39 AM

Hi Group,

Does anyone have any patients who take or have taken Alli post gastric bypass surgery? Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this? I have had two patients who have gained some weight back inquire about this and I was interested in others feedback. Thanks!

Guest guest

In his interview on Bradley's LDN Blog Talk Radio Dr

Zagon stated that he had had experience with LDN Cream. He

said he felt that it may be too long acting and that until

studies were done he did not feel that anyone should use

dosage forms that were not tested. He is an investigator

speaking professionally. It would be irresponsible for him,

in his position, to have said anything different.

Speaking personally if something is working for you then it

is hard to argue with results. But I do agree with Dr Zagon

that it would be helpful to have more information, ie

studies on various dosage forms and amounts.

Garnet

zahavi wrote:

>

>

>

> dr zagon has no experience with the cream and he does not treat

> people.dr mccandless that developed the cream with coastal pharmacy says

> that it works very good with the autist children.also crohn patients

> some time did not see results until they changed the capsules to

> cream.results count.

>

>

> >

> > Dr. Zagon does not recommend using LDN in cream form. He says it

> becomes long acting which is the opposite of what you want.

> >

> > P.Fox

> >

>

>

Guest guest

"√he did not feel that anyone should use "you must be new here. this is what he says about everythingdosage forms that were not tested. On Jul 11, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Garnet wrote:In his interview on Bradley's LDN Blog Talk Radio Dr Zagon stated that he had had experience with LDN Cream. He said he felt that it may be too long acting and that until studies were done he did not feel that anyone should use dosage forms that were not tested. He is an investigator speaking professionally. It would be irresponsible for him, in his position, to have said anything different.Speaking personally if something is working for you then it is hard to argue with results. But I do agree with Dr Zagon that it would be helpful to have more information, ie studies on various dosage forms and amounts.Garnetzahavi wrote:> > > > dr zagon has no experience with the cream and he does not treat > people.dr mccandless that developed the cream with coastal pharmacy says > that it works very good with the autist children.also crohn patients > some time did not see results until they changed the capsules to > cream.results count.> > > >> > Dr. Zagon does not recommend using LDN in cream form. He says it > becomes long acting which is the opposite of what you want.> >> > P.Fox> >> >

Guest guest

>>The warning

signs of too much iodine he told me of were a metallic taste in my mouth, bad

sinus headaches and rapid pulse and signs of hyperthyroidism. <<

Those are not too much iodine, but detox signs. Your

body is then clearing out the bromine, not going hyper.

Donna in IL

·

Guest guest

The rapid pulse is more than likely detoxing stress on the adrenals.

RE: (unknown)

>>The warning signs of too much iodine he told me of were a metallic taste in my mouth, bad sinus headaches and rapid pulse and signs of hyperthyroidism. <<Those are not too much iodine, but detox signs. Your body is then clearing out the bromine, not going hyper.

Donna in IL

·

Guest guest

Hi, Kathy. I remember some about Tomball but not well enough to know doctors

in that area. I'm in the Longview/Tyler area east of Dallas. I've had one

good Rheumy for almost 20 years until I switched insurance and he kicked me

out. He is in Tyler. The one I have now is in Longview, the only one that

will take my insurance. I'm beginning to think I need to switch insurance at

the end of this year. Today I got a letter from them looking to be able to

deny a doctor's visit in March. That's a part of the reason no doctor likes

them, they micro-manage everything. I'm surprised they didn't mail the

letter with no postage attached. :(

Dennis in eastexas

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM, egenbacher <egenbacher@...>wrote:

>

>

> Hello Dennis,

> Is your doctor in east texas? I am in Lubbock and still looking for a new

> rumy dr. The doc I am going to now has a office policy that you can't

> change dr's in this group so looks like i am hung with my present dr---there

> are not any other rumy Dr's in town. I am so in need of a new dr. and looks

> like i am going to be required to go to another city. My daughter is

> in Tomball Texas which is near Houston and I was wondering if you have

> any information on dr.'s in that area.

> I pray you are having a good day.

> thanks, kathy

>

>

Guest guest

Kathy,

I live in Houston.  The rheumy that I've been using also has an office in

Tomball.  I'll send you a personal message to your email address with contact

info. 

Good luck!

Judy

Subject: [ ] (unknown)

Date: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 2:09 PM

Hello Dennis,

Is your doctor in east texas?  I am in Lubbock and still looking for a new rumy

dr.  The doc I  am going to now has a office policy that you can't change dr's

in this group so looks like i am hung with my present dr--- there are not any

other rumy Dr's in town.  I am so in need of a new dr. and looks like i am going

to be required to go to another city. My daughter is in Tomball Texas which is

near Houston and I was wondering if you have any information on dr.'s in that

area.

I pray you are having a good day.

thanks, kathy 

Guest guest

Well Deb, I hope those are good life changes. And have you been to my

Cafe? Its a grea place to hang out when things get crazy. Well, uh, some

might say its crazy there anyways. LOL

Are you still here? The message is over. Shoo! Go away!

& Dreamer Doll ke7nwn

E-mail-

rclark0276@...

Home Page-

http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/