children

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just started volunteering at church with the kids mid-week program. A

lot of people around the church know me as in they have seen me but I had

never worked with the kids before and so I knew things would be a little

awkward at first. Much to my surprise it didn't take the kids more then

one week after they asked numerous questions. I believe that working

with children is the best way to educate society about Little People.

:o) Danette :o)

Spokane, Washington

http://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/villa/9405

YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!

Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit:

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Guest guest

Hi ,

my son had his first implant at 21/2 in 1996. We to were so unsure of what

we would get at our first mapping. As time went by and we mapped more often

things changed and we got more responces. Kristian is profound so he didnt

know how his name sounded. Belive me he sure knows it now. He has just had

his second implant on the 6th of sept and switched on on the 23rd sept.

Mapping twice a week now once a week and still trying to get a map that is

stable. Good luck and have fun with your journey with . Every where

you go show her different things and tell her what they are. When she wants

some thing to eat or drink give her choices and show and tell her each one.

Belive me all the hard work will pay off.

regurds

Carol mother of Kristian 9 N22 right ear aug 96 N24C left ear sept 03

< >

Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:24 AM

Subject:

>

> Hello everyone! I haven't posted in a long time because we have been SO

busy, but I have been lurking. Just wanted to let everyone know that my

daughter (2 years old) was implanted on Sept. 19th, and it went very

well. She was activated yesterday. What an experience! At first, she

cried. Then she just sat there with a serious expression on her face. When

they turned on the microphone, she acted like nothing happened! Just went

on playing with the toys and ignoring us. She didn't respond to us calling

her name or clapping behind her back. Maybe they have the program set at

too low a volume? She doesn't act any different than she did before. Guess

I expected her to respond better.

> Does anyone know if the cords and batteries are covered by insurance or

any other agency? Thanks!

> --

> tmreedrt@...

>

> ________________________________________________________________

> The best thing to hit the internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!

> Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

> Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

Glad to hear that is doing well healthwise with her implant.

I'm sure will pick up sounds in due time.

remember, she's never heard so it's going to take some time to

associate certain sounds with specific words. I'd guess right now

that everything sounds about the same to her. Be glad she is leaving

it on. this tells me it's not too loud for her and that is very

important. As time goes by, that window of sound will be opened up

and more sound will be allowed in. i expect to hear that she is

indeed responding to certain sounds soon and with a lot of work and

play therapy dealing with speech and sound, she will work her way

through it all.

Please keep us posted as to her progress and if we can help in any

other way, please ask.

I do know that Medicare covers the cost of repairs for my ci, but am

unsure of individual insurances.. Some cover the batteries and some

don't; you'd have to check with your own ins. company for that.

again, wishing you and all the best.

Hugs,

Silly MI

> From: <tmreedrt@n...>

> < >

> Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:24 AM

> Subject:

>

>

> >

> > Hello everyone! I haven't posted in a long time because we have

been SO

> busy, but I have been lurking. Just wanted to let everyone know

that my

> daughter (2 years old) was implanted on Sept. 19th, and it

went very

> well. She was activated yesterday. What an experience! At first,

she

> cried. Then she just sat there with a serious expression on her

face. When

> they turned on the microphone, she acted like nothing happened!

Just went

> on playing with the toys and ignoring us. She didn't respond to us

calling

> her name or clapping behind her back. Maybe they have the program

set at

> too low a volume? She doesn't act any different than she did

before. Guess

> I expected her to respond better.

> > Does anyone know if the cords and batteries are covered by

insurance or

> any other agency? Thanks!

> > --

> > tmreedrt@n...

> >

> > ________________________________________________________________

> > The best thing to hit the internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!

> > Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

> > Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

I would give him some elderberry extract (Sambucol) and some children's Oscillo http://www.oscillo.com/ Both have knocked whatever my kids are getting out of them. It worked for me as well.

Make sure you are giving your grandson selenium too ( we do 100 mcg 3x / week). Are you doing Vit C? He needs that too.

Steph

children

My 5 year old grandson has not been feeling well and I would like to start him on all the supplements recommened with Iodine Supplemetation. He now takes Lugols topical (1/4 drp) once or twice a weeks, salt pushing, coconut caps, and sometimes 2drps of black walnut oil each day. The other nite he had really hard detox symptoms which started with a very bad headache (migraine). He complained of pain in his throat, had a low fever and other symptoms that worsen for the next 2 days. He became very pale in color. Finally after giving him a enema he started to make improvements. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Guest guest

Since he is very sensitive to things, what is a good brand of selenium?

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>iodine Sent: Sat, December 12, 2009 8:51:35 AMSubject: Re: children

I would give him some elderberry extract (Sambucol) and some children's Oscillo http://www.oscillo. com/ Both have knocked whatever my kids are getting out of them. It worked for me as well.

Make sure you are giving your grandson selenium too ( we do 100 mcg 3x / week). Are you doing Vit C? He needs that too.

Steph

children

My 5 year old grandson has not been feeling well and I would like to start him on all the supplements recommened with Iodine Supplemetation. He now takes Lugols topical (1/4 drp) once or twice a weeks, salt pushing, coconut caps, and sometimes 2drps of black walnut oil each day. The other nite he had really hard detox symptoms which started with a very bad headache (migraine). He complained of pain in his throat, had a low fever and other symptoms that worsen for the next 2 days. He became very pale in color. Finally after giving him a enema he started to make improvements. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Guest guest

2 brazil nuts daily.

From: Judy Ward <sacredmerkabajasper@...>Subject: Re: childreniodine Date: Sunday, 13 December, 2009, 17:12

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@ sbcglobal. net>iodinegroups (DOT) comSent: Sat, December 12, 2009 8:51:35 AMSubject: Re: children

I would give him some elderberry extract (Sambucol) and some children's Oscillo http://www.oscillo. com/ Both have knocked whatever my kids are getting out of them. It worked for me as well.

Steph

children

Guest guest

cool beans..thanks

From: david kenna <davidjohnkenna@...>iodine Sent: Sun, December 13, 2009 11:55:05 AMSubject: Re: children

2 brazil nuts daily.

From: Judy Ward <sacredmerkabajasper @>Subject: Re: childreniodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Sunday, 13 December, 2009, 17:12

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@ sbcglobal. net>iodinegroups (DOT) comSent: Sat, December 12, 2009 8:51:35 AMSubject: Re: children

Steph

children

Guest guest

We use methylselenocystine from www.vrp.com I won't take a chance that the Brazil nuts have enough selenium. My kids need a certain amount and I would rather give it to them directly.

Steph

children

Guest guest

We use methylselenocystine from www.vrp.com I won't take a chance that the Brazil nuts have enough selenium. My kids need a certain amount and I would rather give it to them directly.

Steph

children

Guest guest

Different people are sensitive to different things. I cannot tolerate selenium derived from yeast. (I have been buying Nature's Way. I have no idea if it is good, but it doesn't make me sick.) With nutrients, it is often the food the nutrient was derived from that will be the problem. Some vitamin C is made from corn, & a lot of folks are allergic to corn...AnneOn Dec 13, 2009, at 9:12 AM, Judy Ward wrote: Since he is very sensitive to things, what is a good brand of selenium? From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbeessbcglobal (DOT) net>iodine Sent: Sat, December 12, 2009 8:51:35 AMSubject: Re: children I would give him some elderberry extract (Sambucol) and some children's Oscillo http://www.oscillo. com/ Both have knocked whatever my kids are getting out of them. It worked for me as well. Make sure you are giving your grandson selenium too ( we do 100 mcg 3x / week). Are you doing Vit C? He needs that too. Steph children My 5 year old grandson has not been feeling well and I would like to start him on all the supplements recommened with Iodine Supplemetation. He now takes Lugols topical (1/4 drp) once or twice a weeks, salt pushing, coconut caps, and sometimes 2drps of black walnut oil each day. The other nite he had really hard detox symptoms which started with a very bad headache (migraine). He complained of pain in his throat, had a low fever and other symptoms that worsen for the next 2 days. He became very pale in color. Finally after giving him a enema he started to make improvements. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Guest guest

Steph, what dosage do you give your children of methylselenocystine? I see it comes in 200 mcg.

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>iodine Sent: Sun, December 13, 2009 9:07:47 PMSubject: Re: children

Steph

children

Guest guest

Anne,

How about brazil nuts for selenium. Apparently this covers the recommended daily

allowance in a bio available form.

Saves on tablets which may or may not work.

Selenium should be available from vegetables but the way the land is farmed

and the food is "manufactured " means massive losses of vital vitamins and nutrients.

Take rice as an example to go from brown rice(not just coloured brown) to white

say Uncle Ben's is to lose 80% of the nutrients!!!

Should it still be called rice?

Not in my opinion.

A car without an engine, no wheels and no windows can hardly be described as

a car.

Steph

children

Guest guest

Judy,

in taking any natural product it is important to realise that values differ depending on

the soil in which the vegetable/plant is grown in.

Tablets are supposed to contain the stated value on the container. This however is

often not the case!!!

The tablets have high concentrations but are they bioavailable?

Nature on the other hand may be bioavailable but not in sufficient

quantities.

Try it out and see if it works.

From: Judy Ward <sacredmerkabajasper @>Subject: Re: childreniodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Sunday, 13 December, 2009, 17:12

Steph

children

Guest guest

Judy,

Are you aware that children require far less dosage than adults.

Dosage is not a precise science where chikldren are concerned.

Often related to body weight but that is very crude measure,

Steph

children

Guest guest

, I am aware that children require alot less than adults...this is why I asked what dosage does Steph give her children.

From: david kenna <davidjohnkenna@...>iodine Sent: Mon, December 14, 2009 6:14:39 AMSubject: Re: children

Judy,

Are you aware that children require far less dosage than adults.

Dosage is not a precise science where chikldren are concerned.

Often related to body weight but that is very crude measure,

Steph

children

Guest guest

Sorry it's selenomethionine (I take the other one). http://www.vrp.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProdID=7822 We give it to them M-W-F

Steph

children

Guest guest

I forgot to add that we think our son is heading for autoimmune thyroid issues. I had them as does my hubby. So he is at high risk. Giving him Se directly will hopefully give his body the building blocks he needs to keep it at bay. He is 10 and when they are in pre-puberty the thyroid levels are erratic. Which we are seeing. His FT3 and FT4 flip flop every year. One year (that's all we test with labs) his FT3 is up and FT4 is down and then the reverse. We saw this in our 6 mos testing too when they were first on thyroid meds. Dr. B says this is generally what happens before the antibodies show up.

Steph

children

Guest guest

Brazil nuts may be a good solution for people who can eat them, but many people with allergies are allergic to tree nuts. (And even when I could eat them, I found them totally revolting -- don't know why.)AnneOn Dec 14, 2009, at 3:56 AM, david kenna wrote: Anne, How about brazil nuts for selenium. Apparently this covers the recommended daily allowance in a bio available form. Saves on tablets which may or may not work. Selenium should be available from vegetables but the way the land is farmed and the food is "manufactured " means massive losses of vital vitamins and nutrients. Take rice as an example to go from brown rice(not just coloured brown) to white say Uncle Ben's is to lose 80% of the nutrients!!! Should it still be called rice? Not in my opinion. A car without an engine, no wheels and no windows can hardly be described as a car. Since he is very sensitive to things, what is a good brand of selenium? From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@ sbcglobal. net>iodinegroups (DOT) comSent: Sat, December 12, 2009 8:51:35 AMSubject: Re: children I would give him some elderberry extract (Sambucol) and some children's Oscillo http://www.oscillo. com/ Both have knocked whatever my kids are getting out of them. It worked for me as well. Make sure you are giving your grandson selenium too ( we do 100 mcg 3x / week). Are you doing Vit C? He needs that too. Steph children My 5 year old grandson has not been feeling well and I would like to start him on all the supplements recommened with Iodine Supplemetation. He now takes Lugols topical (1/4 drp) once or twice a weeks, salt pushing, coconut caps, and sometimes 2drps of black walnut oil each day. The other nite he had really hard detox symptoms which started with a very bad headache (migraine). He complained of pain in his throat, had a low fever and other symptoms that worsen for the next 2 days. He became very pale in color. Finally after giving him a enema he started to make improvements. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Guest guest

Can't you prevent it?AliOn Dec 14, 2009, at 4:33 AM, ladybugsandbees wrote:I forgot to add that we think our son is heading for autoimmune thyroid issues. I had them as does my hubby. So he is at high risk. Giving him Se directly will hopefully give his body the building blocks he needs to keep it at bay. He is 10 and when they are in pre-puberty the thyroid levels are erratic. Which we are seeing. His FT3 and FT4 flip flop every year. One year (that's all we test with labs) his FT3 is up and FT4 is down and then the reverse. We saw this in our 6 mos testing too when they were first on thyroid meds. Dr. B says this is generally what happens before the antibodies show up. Steph children My 5 year old grandson has not been feeling well and I would like to start him on all the supplements recommened with Iodine Supplemetation. He now takes Lugols topical (1/4 drp) once or twice a weeks, salt pushing, coconut caps, and sometimes 2drps of black walnut oil each day. The other nite he had really hard detox symptoms which started with a very bad headache (migraine). He complained of pain in his throat, had a low fever and other symptoms that worsen for the next 2 days. He became very pale in color. Finally after giving him a enema he started to make improvements. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Guest guest

WE are trying but it is never a sure thing. Environmental triggers can do it too. He is very toxic in bromide and we are trying to get him detoxed. He is toxic in other chemicals as well. He has a poor phase II liver detox pathway too which we are trying to support. We are doing the best we can to prevent it.

Steph

children

Guest guest

judy,

Didn't see that. Ok

david

Steph

children

Guest guest

I am wondering what impact supplementation has on children and babies because their system is still growing and developing. just a thought.

Jag

Steph

children

Guest guest

What impact do all the toxins in our environment have on children while their systems are still developing & growing? From what I have read so far, we need iodine so much because we have screwed up & filled our environment with bromide & fluoride. Do you really think the kids are better off being left toxic?AnneOn Dec 15, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Jag Jag wrote: I am wondering what impact supplementation has on children and babies because their system is still growing and developing. just a thought. Jag From: Judy Ward <sacredmerkabajasper @>Subject: Re: childreniodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Sunday, 13 December, 2009, 17:12 Since he is very sensitive to things, what is a good brand of selenium? From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@ sbcglobal. net>iodinegroups (DOT) comSent: Sat, December 12, 2009 8:51:35 AMSubject: Re: children I would give him some elderberry extract (Sambucol) and some children's Oscillo http://www.oscillo. com/ Both have knocked whatever my kids are getting out of them. It worked for me as well. Make sure you are giving your grandson selenium too ( we do 100 mcg 3x / week). Are you doing Vit C? He needs that too. Steph children My 5 year old grandson has not been feeling well and I would like to start him on all the supplements recommened with Iodine Supplemetation. He now takes Lugols topical (1/4 drp) once or twice a weeks, salt pushing, coconut caps, and sometimes 2drps of black walnut oil each day. The other nite he had really hard detox symptoms which started with a very bad headache (migraine). He complained of pain in his throat, had a low fever and other symptoms that worsen for the next 2 days. He became very pale in color. Finally after giving him a enema he started to make improvements. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Guest guest

Toxins can block hormones and receptor sites so that children do not grow / develop properly. It affects them both physically and mentally. I definitely do not thing that anyone is better off left toxic. They do not belong in the body and no good can come from them.

Steph

children

My 5 year old grandson has not been feeling well and I would like ! to start him on all the supplements recommened with Iodine Supplemetation. He now takes Lugols topical (1/4 drp) once or twice a weeks, salt pushing, coconut caps, and sometimes 2drps of black walnut oil each day. The other nite he had really hard detox symptoms which started with a very bad headache (migraine). He complained of pain in his throat, had a low fever and other symptoms that worsen for the next 2 days. He became very pale in color. Finally after giving him a enema he started to make improvements. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Guest guest

hi, I have 2 girls ages 6 and 7. I have tried to start off with the vitamin C

that you recomend from iherb, but even when I break up the pill she still gags

and now won't go near it. I do not know what to do. I do not want to put it on

pudding, b/c that has all the bad stuff in it. So what is the lesser evil, no

supplements, a supplement from iherb that has some sugar, but at least they will

take it? I have cut out all sugar and processed foods at home. The older

daughter will eat the healthy dinners that I make, but the younger one, no luck.

she is the one who needs it the most. she has severe tree nut allergies, pet

allergies, seasonal allergies. However, I am not stressing b/c I figure a

little at a time. I really want to give them supplements though! Help, please

" tell " me what to do.

I want to add that the girls will take gummy vitamins. also, I think there are

gummy DHA vitamins. Just to note, their Opthamologist suggested the DHA and

Omega supplements b/c they all have weak eye muscles, it is a liquid and I am

sure tastes good, but again need guidance b/c of the sugar issue.